SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-17, 07:39 PM   #1
modelrrfan51
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Torpeado reload at refit

Did first patrol and expended all torpedos, sunk 10 ships, ok this is on the easy mode. So while learning, figure this is the best way. Anyway, when made it back to Pearl, hit the refit and dock. Saved game, next time went to play and had no torpedos loaded, but all gun ammo was reloaded. So how do you get a reload of torpedos so can do next patrol. Also, notice when play single patrols, when you use the attack map it shows a track for the torpedo, and can see the torpedo track to target. Must say makes it easy to hit targets with auto mode. Now when do career mode, it does not show track of torpedo. Is this normal or do I need to adjust something. Also one time had a little screen that followed the torpedo from launch to hitting ship. So how do you get this screen on? Have read the manual and does not really explain much of anything of all the functions or how to get to things.
modelrrfan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 06:25 AM   #2
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68

Quote:
how do you get a reload of torpedos so can do next patrol
After you click refit, go to the torpedo page , you'll see all of your 'reserve ' slots are full. Drag a torpedo to a tube, and all the tubes will be loading. Click refit again, and you'll have a full load. (This assumes you have 'auto load' set, which is default)
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 06:25 PM   #3
modelrrfan51
Watch

Default Still no torpedoes.

Ok, hit the dock again, then refit, end patrol, or postpone comes up on screen. I hit the refit, then yes, screen disappears. Go to screen that show the boat with crew, systems, and torpedoes. Click on torpedoes icon, the it show the torpedoes and reserves and there are no torpedoes either in the tubes or reserves. So question, did something not install when installed the game and maybe need to uninstall the game and reinstall?
Also, when do the career, you are given an assignment. On the map it show as an orange star. How do you get the program to show that you are on station and doing the assignment. So far had the star turn from orange to gray.
Old 04-08-17, 10:25 PM   #4
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelrrfan51 View Post
maybe need to uninstall the game and reinstall?
Based on what you've described, I'd say that might be a good idea.

Also, what version of SH4 are you running, and are you using any mods?

Quote:
How do you get the program to show that you are on station and doing the assignment.
You don't.

Quote:
So far had the star turn from orange to gray.
That means you've completed the assignment.
For a Patrol mission, you have to remain within X miles of the star for a certain length of time. The time is listed in the orders. The distance is not.
There are a few threads that discuss the distance, if you search for them. Mods can affect that, though.

There's no communication when you complete a mission. Send a patrol report and you'll get back "Continue with current mission", "Return to base at your discretion", or be given a new mission. If you get the Return to base, you can ignore it and keep patrolling.
Old 04-09-17, 09:04 PM   #5
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

For a career you can only change gameplay options between patrols, in the office.

Upper left corner bookcase, pull out the "Options" book and you get this screen, which allows you to change different settings. Uncheck the "No map contact update" box which gives you the ship targets and torpedo tracks on the attack map. Uncheck the "No event camera" box, that will enable the mini window that follows the torpedo.

Again you can only set these options in the office before leaving to start a new patrol.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 09:43 PM   #6
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

ya that's a very common first time lesson we all learn, after refitting you have to reload all tubes they refit again to get a full load.

I always thought of it as a bug because it should reload as a default part of the refit but the game waits for you to order the reloading manually even if you have the auto reload option ticked.

at least you didn't find out like some of us who spent days returning to the patrol area only to find out your still half empty on torps lol
Old 04-10-17, 11:03 PM   #7
modelrrfan51
Watch

Default Version

According to screen, this is version 1.0
Old 04-11-17, 12:04 AM   #8
Sniper297
The Old Man

Gotta wonder where you dug up that fossil. Most people have 1.5, I'm running 1.4, don't even remember 1.0.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...p?do=file&id=8

Need to start with that.
Old 04-14-17, 01:43 PM   #9
modelrrfan51
Watch

Default Puzzlement

Ok, uninstalled the version 1.0 and installed another copy that I had and this is 1.2. So here is my puzzlement, on first patrol, was off coast of Japan. Got on station and came across a convoy. Since on easy and trying to learn everything, was able to sink 7 ships of the convoy. So after last ship sunk went down to 150 ft and silent running and started making way out of area. Did this until was clear and up compression to 4. Cleared area and had no contacts showing enemy ships. Stayed down and make way further east. Then next thing, loud explosion and sub on way to bottom, since every system in sub was damaged, I mean everything was red. So is this a quirk, since this has happen twice before. Second was good, just raised periscope and cleared area and no ship in sight, and loud explosion and on way to bottom again. Navy will run out of subs if this keeps up...LOL. Here another one, shot two torpedos and would not reload any reserves back into tubes. Lights just keep blinking on tube one and was off on tube two, but had a full reserve of torpedos. So now wondering if need to find a copy of 1.5 or 1.4 and uninstall this copy and reinstall another version?
Old 04-14-17, 02:10 PM   #10
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Wow, you sure have found the dinosaur versions of the game! My advice is to buy the U-boat expansion that comes with/is the 1.5 patch. Most mods are geared toward that particular version and some bugs are fixed with the game, but not all.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 02:57 PM   #11
Sniper297
The Old Man

You should be able to patch to 1.4 using the link I posted;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...p?do=file&id=8

"My advice is to buy the U-boat expansion that comes with/is the 1.5 patch"

I've been wondering about that, the subsim links lead to either a gold version or a "U-boat addon".

https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter...ilent+hunter+4

Since I already have 1.4 I'd prefer to download the patch rather than the whole smash, simply because the gold version is bound to be twice the megabytes.

So IS that "U-boat addon" the actual 1.5 patch?
Old 04-14-17, 05:14 PM   #12
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
So IS that "U-boat addon" the actual 1.5 patch?
Yes it is. You can't get one without the other.
Old 04-14-17, 10:19 PM   #13
Sniper297
The Old Man

Thanks. Bought the U-boat missions, and after the usual aggravation (gotta set up an Amazon account, download the download manager which wouldn't work no matter what I disabled or upgraded or changed browsers, so downloaded the main Amazon download manager and THAT one worked, installed in the original location with no option to redirect it) I now have a copy of SH4 1.5 that says 1.5 on the loading screen. Aside from different graphics in the various screens haven't seen any actual improvements yet.
Old 04-14-17, 10:31 PM   #14
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well ... now you can but at least times FortsU or my mod compilation for SH4 V1.5 try out.
With SH4 V1.4 you were denied this yes, most of the Mods on V1.5 are designed.

Have fun.