SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-07, 10:16 AM   #11
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Wow! Looks like you've been real busy while I've been gone on vacation. Had no Internet access for the last week or so, and just got back to see all this activity. Just D/L'ed the newest version (1.55) and trying to figure out the best way to migrate my customized 1.0 install to this new one. Before I start playing around with the .csv files, I had a basci installation question. I've renamed my old 1.0 sh4speech folder to keep as a backup, and unzipped the new 1.55 sh4speech folder to my c:\ root to replace it. I still have all the other prerequisite applications installed (perl, python, SDK 5.1, etc.) that I was using for version 1.0.

So - here's the question: Do I need to run the "install.bat" again, or should I be able to just start running the program like I did the previous version?

[edit] Also, do I understand the heirarchy of the file structure correctly, such that the voice_commands.csv is really the key/controlling file, in that if I don't want or need a bunch of the new button-bar or TM-related commands I can leave them in the other .csv files and they'll just be ignored if I don't put any triggering voice commands into the voice_commands.csv file that use or refer to them (as long as I don't create any conflicts by what I put into the voice_commands.csv file)? I've already customized my voice_commands.csv file so heavily from version 1.0 that I'm thinking I might be better off just pasting in a few of the cool new things (like the tubes stuff) into my old file rather than start over customizing the new one (but I'm still poking around in the new files checking out all the cool new stuff, so that might change).

Last edited by panthercules; 08-15-07 at 12:38 PM.
panthercules is offline   Reply With Quote