SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-07, 11:29 AM   #826
boblj60
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default We need it.

Please.
Old 05-19-07, 11:30 AM   #827
cklink
Bilge Rat

Agreed Neal,

I have had had every version of SH (and every other one since Wolfpack), and while 3 was a huge upgrade over any subsim to date IMHO, SH4 feels like we went backwards overall. Many features I enjoyed in SH3 are non existant in the new and improved SH4. New tools, big deal - we had those in a mod within a month after SH3 release.

What's the short, after my 18 consecutive trip to the south china sea in campain mode - I've quit playing it and gone back to SH3 with mods. Another botched release by UBIsoft, becoming more of the norm from them.

Someone needs to drag the beancounters in here (or in a back alley), for a lesson on what their great strategy of rush to market for profit, followed up with not allocating resources to fix the game does for customers attitudes and potencial repeat business.

The game been shelved by me and after so many releases from UBI like this, if they don't fix it soon - I'll only be buying UBI titles once they hit the bargin bin at $9.99.

Regards'

Colonel Klink
Old 05-19-07, 11:30 AM   #828
Dodger01
Watch

/Signed

I'm enjoying SH4, but within the limits imposed on me by problems within the game itself, which I'm not overly fond of. Here's hoping for a new patch to address these PITA issues.
Old 05-19-07, 11:32 AM   #829
Zinmar
Commander

Downloads: 276

I haven't yet bought SH4 due to all the problems that I have read about in this community. I fully intend to not waste my money on a product that from everything I have seen and read has superior graphics but worthless in other respects. It took the modders to bring SH3 to the level that it should have been when released and is now a completely captivating game in my opinion (THANKS GWX ) Why does UBI feel that releasing a product that is so faulty can be a good idea? They lauded to so many things but so far from everything I have read they have fallen far short. I can understand patches coming out to fix problems, after all, there are so many different systems out there that compatability and stability issues will arise. So my money will stay right in my pocket until UBI gets off their corporate behinds and allow the dev team to get this game to a sufficent level.
Old 05-19-07, 11:33 AM   #830
captnmike
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default patch 1.3

Yes we need the next patch to correct some issues that make "wolves of the pacific" more user friendly. I would like to see more interfaceing with the crew and interior compartments such as an "engine room" and Captains cabin? The manual targeting also needs simplification?
Captnmike

Old 05-19-07, 11:34 AM   #831
Neutrino 123
A-ganger

I too wish for a 1.3 SHIV patch to resolve the serious bugs. I am waiting to play the game until this patch comes out.
Old 05-19-07, 11:35 AM   #832
Badger6052
Swabbie

Downloads: 486
Glad I haven't purchased Ubisoft's Silent Hunter 4

May 19, 2007

To whom it may concern:

Gaming programmers would earn a lot more credibility if they would not foist off junk to the purchasing public just to cover their own poor capitalization. I am glad I have not purchased Silent Hunter 4, and don't plan to until I get a clean bill of health from Subsim on this product.
Old 05-19-07, 11:35 AM   #833
Flybywire
Soundman

Downloads: 83

this will probably be the last game i buy from ubi since they release games in such bad shape.
Old 05-19-07, 11:36 AM   #834
Deputy
Chief

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo
Hi!

I can't offer any testimony on whether SH IV is good or bad: I have held off purchasing the game after reading many independent reviews and player comments regarding the number and severity of bugs in the game.

I would like the game to be at least as mature (with regard to bugs that require developer intervention) as SH III was after its final patch before I purchase it, but it appears from player comments and feedback on V1.2 that SH IV is not quite there yet.

I think the game could be quite a worthy successor and improvement upon SH III and a game I would consider really worth buying, so I would like to encourage Ubisoft and the development team to make the necessary repairs and make available any information that would allow the modding community to take it from there, even if it takes another patch... or two.

Pablo
X2. I've been holding off for the same reasons. I appreciate the guys that took the plunge (no pun intended) and bought the game immediately after release. But I'm holding off until the game is at the same level as SHIII before spending the cash.

Dep
Old 05-19-07, 11:38 AM   #835
kentcol
Watch

Downloads: 25

We Need Patch 1.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-07, 11:40 AM   #836
Direowlf
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

Agreed. I wholeheartedly support this request.
Ubisoft, please continue to support development for SHIV in order to make it the best it can be.

Cheers,

Direwolf
Old 05-19-07, 11:42 AM   #837
neilbyrne
Torpedoman

Downloads: 31
Default Patch 1.3

I have purchased and exhaustively played all previous SH versions. I have not yet purchased IV because of the mediocre reviews and heavy forum complaints about excessive , unpatched bugs and resultant gameplay frustrations. I won't purchase this game until the word is out that it's been patched to the point where the community is talking more about great patrols and less about what's wrong.
Cordially,
Neil Byrne
CAPT USN (Ret.)
Old 05-19-07, 11:42 AM   #838
Ken Cloud
Bilge Rat

Yes, I would really like to see the new patch, just to close a few problems.

Ken Cloud
Old 05-19-07, 11:43 AM   #839
skullman86
Mate

Downloads: 6

I remember when it was released and a WHOLE bunch of people were saying "don't worry they'll fix it", "the game is fine just play it", and "shut up, they'll patch it, don't worry"....etc and plenty pf people were pissed and weren't buying the positive reinforcement and everyone hated the complaint threads because "the game would get fixed" and that we should just be happy because it technically did run (not well but it does in fact run).

I've been thinking about that now and wondering where all the support went?Some random moderator says there might not be a 1.3 and all of the sudden we have a 40+ page petition for 1.3 ........WHAT?!

I REALLY want to say "We told you so" but I don't want to be too much of a jerk, I just wanted to point out how everything is different now even though people could still easily side with Ubi, saying "they'll do the right thing" and so on.Personally the game was fun but I always thought it could've used more patching...You know, when I began GUESSING the speed of an enemy craft because it was more accurate :rotfl:
Old 05-19-07, 11:44 AM   #840
Caseck
Torpedoman

Downloads: 17

Call your local cable operator and tell them...

"I want my 1.3!"
Closed Thread