SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-09, 06:33 AM   #106
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexradu89 View Post
10x webster, http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=149596 this is the mod...(the mod is split into 5 mods, 1 primary and 4 optional if im not mistaken)
PS: the game only crashes if i activate this mod: #2 Submarine splash and roll pitch mod...if i deactivate it, everything works fine...

ok, i did some testing and i cant solve this issue for you because its not GFO doing it.

when i tested it i found it crashes in the stock game too with only real env and the opt#2 Submarine splash and roll pitch mod so its something in Submarine splash and roll pitch mod that is conflicting with the german sub files so you will have to hope Kriller2 or w_clear know what you can to do to fix it.

my guess is they probably arent even aware of the issue causing ctd.
Old 06-08-09, 07:18 AM   #107
alexradu89
Lieutenant

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0

10x a bunch webster, will contact them about this
alexradu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 08:10 AM   #108
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
10x a bunch webster, will contact them about this

no problem, but remember if they manage to get it working you wil lose this from GFO by using the #2 opt mod in real env

- sub draft heights calibrated to be accurate
- Periscope depths and radar depths were calibrated to be accurate
- Battery life was calibrated to be as accurate as possible

so just be aware you will lose these fixes
Old 06-08-09, 12:59 PM   #109
alexradu89
Lieutenant

webster i see you have added a RE patch fix on filefront... what is that about ? if you dont mind asking
Old 06-08-09, 04:26 PM   #110
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
webster i see you have added a RE patch fix on filefront... what is that about ? if you dont mind asking

shhhh......

its a secret

im updating the GFO read me to explain it all in detail so be patient but here it is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod compatability:

GFO is compatable with RSRDC v401 as long as you install the "GFO Patch for RSRDC v401" afterwards.

GFO is compatable with Real Environments #1 as long as you install the "GFO Patch for Real Environments #1" afterwards.

GFO is NOT compatable with any of the Real Environments ad-on option mods 2, 3, 4, & 5 because they replace too many elements of GFO. If you choose to go ahead and use the Real Environments ad-on option mods anyway then you will lose some parts of GFO in doing so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod Installation order for GFO + RSRDC v401:
-stock game v1.5
-Game Fixes Only Mod
-RSRDC v401 for stock
-GFO Patch for RSRDC v401
-then install the GFO Snorkel Name Fix only if needed

Mod Installation order for GFO + Real Env #1:
-stock game v1.5
-Game Fixes Only Mod
-Real Environments #1
-GFO Patch for Real Environments #1

Mod Installation order for GFO + Real Env #1 + RSRDC v401:
-stock game v1.5
-Game Fixes Only Mod
-Real Environments #1
-GFO Patch for Real Environments #1
-RSRDC v401 for stock
-GFO Patch for RSRDC v401

NOTE - think of GFO as if it was the stock game when you are trying to decide on the correct install order for using additional mods.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i will also be updating GFO to v1.1 but very little will change and nobody will "need" to redownload and reinstall GFO unless they want to.

i'm mainly doing it to resolve a duplicate named folder issue thats causing confusion with people trying to install the mod and it will allow new users to start off with a version of GFO that doesnt need the radio message fix to be added to it because that will be added in already.

items i'm planning on removing from GFO for v1.1:

i will take out the easy to read colored text and leave it up to the player to choose if they want to add it to GFO as a stand alone mod.

i havent fully decided yet if im going to remove the new menu bar buttons from GFO but i'm thinking i should also leave that up to the player to choose if they want to use my menu buttons or one of their own choosing or keep them stock but i will still keep the keyboard keys the way i have them now.

the elements above were not all that popular with everyone so i figured pulling them out is a lot easier than having to explain how to open the mod files and remove them manually.

for those players who did like them or who want to try them, they are easy enough to add to GFO v1.1 as stand alone mods and they are all posted for downloading.

Last edited by Webster; 06-08-09 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-08-09, 11:28 PM   #111
PortsmouthProwler
Bosun

Downloads: 11

Hey, been playing GFO and like it a lot. 'Scuse me if I'm behind the times here, but if you would, Mr. W, let me record an observation:

* I go to the Sonar station and can't hear anything. Zip, zippo, nada. Sonarman reports OK and how I want him to report, but can't hear for myself. I have the sound file installed, whatever it is, per your early installation instructions.

* While I'm here: is the Range Readout for Radar mod GFO friendly?

Thanks,
PP
PortsmouthProwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 01:36 AM   #112
alexradu89
Lieutenant

1 thing that confuses me regarding your mod is the snorkel thing... i dive to snorkel depth and whatever... but it says snorkel unavailable @ both type 9d2 and walther.... must i download another mod for the snorkel to be available ? (same goess for SD antenna... when pressing " I " i only get snorkel not available..)
Old 06-09-09, 07:39 PM   #113
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
1 thing that confuses me regarding your mod is the snorkel thing... i dive to snorkel depth and whatever... but it says snorkel unavailable @ both type 9d2 and walther.... must i download another mod for the snorkel to be available ? (same goess for SD antenna... when pressing " I " i only get snorkel not available..)

well the last time i looked into the snorkel the game still doesnt allow the snorkel to work but at least with that mod it activated even though it doesnt restore your co2 levels. ubi really messed up on not having that working IMO.

i just never saw the point of adding that mod if it doesnt do anything for co2 levels.

since im redoing GFO anyway, i guess i could add that mod in just for it to move. i just never saw any point in modding something that still wont work after its modded.

what do you guys think? should i try to add this mod anyway?
Old 06-10-09, 02:13 AM   #114
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

Redoing gfo?

Redoing GFO you say?

That's VERY good news Webster, since I like GFO VERY much!!
And after the RE patch, this mod ROCKS!!!
(As all your mods do).

Keep up the excellent job!!!
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 04:35 AM   #115
alexradu89
Lieutenant

no... dont add it, i've seen the snorkel mod and it sux... i'd rather not have it on my SH4... (PS: i used a balao i think and that had a snorkel.. it worked, in terms of going up and down ;D)
Old 06-10-09, 04:58 AM   #116
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
Redoing GFO you say?

That's VERY good news Webster, since I like GFO VERY much!!
And after the RE patch, this mod ROCKS!!!
(As all your mods do).

Keep up the excellent job!!!

I agree , i think is good to add the snorkel to GFO
Old 06-10-09, 01:15 PM   #117
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
no... dont add it, i've seen the snorkel mod and it sux... i'd rather not have it on my SH4... (PS: i used a balao i think and that had a snorkel.. it worked, in terms of going up and down ;D)

actually that was the SD antenna you saw going up and down but sometimes people mistake it for a snorkel at first untill they look closer.

as for the snorkel mod:

i looked into the snorkel mod and it seems that it still has some issues with it even though it has come a long way from where it started.

only if i knew it didnt have any issues with it and it was wanted by the majority of the GFO users would it make any sense for me to think about adding it to GFO. this is one of those "choice" mods that should be left up to the individual user if they want it or not.

if you want to use it with GFO knowing it serves no real benefit in the game, then you can add the snorkel mod as a stand alone mod.

since the snorkel mod does not touch any of the files found in GFO, it should not have any sort of compatability issues with it.
Old 06-10-09, 08:33 PM   #118
baggy
Nub

Downloads: 115

Im using gfo and think its great but does any one know why my order bar and tabs are all messed up and i cant tell what buttons do what. Much obliged.

Last edited by baggy; 06-10-09 at 08:46 PM.
baggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 01:11 AM   #119
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
Im using gfo and think its great but does any one know why my order bar and tabs are all messed up and i cant tell what buttons do what. Much obliged.

Welcome mate!

Read the Webster's post in the first page. He explains everything there.
Also, if you hold the cursor on the order, the help appears telling you what this button does.

Personally, I strongly like the GFO's order bar configuration.
Makes more sense and the orders are more realistically combined with the stations.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 08:10 AM   #120
baggy
Nub

Downloads: 115

Cheers dude. I've had a look at all the posts and cant find any mention of the problem i'm having. I dont have any other Mod installed but its fresh install of 1.5 and uboat. Everything works properly and the help pops up but all the Tabs and orders images are scrambled. It loloks like the images for the buttons are stetched across multiple buttons. i might just need a fresh install by the sounds of it but any suggestions would be appreciated.
baggy is offline   Reply With Quote