SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-09, 08:25 PM   #196
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1

Try the RFB guys or Duci. It was quite awhile ago that the subject was even discussed ... and I could be wrong about the fix. For certain, Ubi never fixed it.
Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-09, 12:48 AM   #197
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Webster, really love it. Has some much needed things that other mod's don't have.

Hope you continue adding to it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-09, 04:41 AM   #198
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Thank you for the answer WEBSTER , I understand , the dive angle can be affected by the speed of the sub , if the speed is very low the sub must dive almost horizontally but if the speed is high ( crash dive speed ) the sub must sloping sharply and dive more steep tilted

May be I was wrong , yesterday I check and dive the sub at full speed and at very slow speed and of course at slow speed the sub actually dived horizontally but at full speed the sub took a bit to start to become tilted but not too much time , I must check again but I think anyway the SH3 subs become sharply tilted faster when dive

Last edited by tonschk; 09-27-09 at 04:02 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 04:05 AM   #199
tonschk
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Anyone else using #4 Ships_Reflect and Caustic_Environment Mod 5.1 with real env? It was made to add caustic effects to real env, so don't let the 5,1 throw you off. Looks great.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=605

Hello there ,Can you please WEBSTER tell me your opinion about this ? , I downloaded and installed this mod ( over 1000 Mb ) in the secuence showed below and crashed continuously to destop just before the first horizontal loading red bar is 100% full , I uninstalled this mod and now many gauges are black without anything inside the gauges just black colour inside the gauges , I think I must delete uninstall and reinstall again the game

Game fixes only mod ver 1.1
1 Real environmental mod install
GFO patch for real env.
Snorkel name fix for GFO
Slow smoke ver 3
Typ IX D2 ERT Base Pacage
Type IXD2 bubbles
Highres_Dark_Hud_Dials
Animated fans (V1.1)
Lite_Fog_Ver2+Slow_Water
Old 09-27-09, 10:36 AM   #200
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Hello there ,Can you please WEBSTER tell me your opinion about this ? , I downloaded and installed this mod ( over 1000 Mb ) in the secuence showed below and crashed continuously to destop just before the first horizontal loading red bar is 100% full , I uninstalled this mod and now many gauges are black without anything inside the gauges just black colour inside the gauges , I think I must delete uninstall and reinstall again the game

GFO patch for real env.
Snorkel name fix for GFO
Slow smoke ver 3
Type IXD2 bubbles
Highres_Dark_Hud_Dials
Animated fans (V1.1)
Lite_Fog_Ver2+Slow_Water

well look to these mods for the cause:

Slow smoke ver 3
Type IXD2 bubbles
Highres_Dark_Hud_Dials
Animated fans (V1.1)

install these mods one at a time and test the game to see which one it is but since the guages are still messed up i would think it has something to do with them but you have so much going on in those mods that touch many files so step 1 i think is open the mods side by side and see how many of the same files they change. with that combination you would probably find quite a few.

also using "Lite_Fog_Ver2+Slow_Water" will remove the smaller rain mod from GFO so keep that in mind. (i'll need to make a patch for it)

in most cases i cant fix other mods i didnt do because i dont know the specific details of what they do or why and how. anytime you start using a large number of mods you will have some mods undoing stuff in other mods and you may not even be noticing its happening so never forget to take the time to check all the stuff its supposed to be doing.

after you investigate it then we can look into the way to resolve it.

first step is to fix your game corruption:

you could have a lingering mod soup thing so try this:

uninstall ALL of your mods then open the jsgme "mods" folder and move them one at a time to your desktop or you can skip this step and just delete them along with the "mods" folder which is what i do. you do not want to do a "copy all" or grab them as a group because there are unseen hidden files in the jsgme "mods" folder you dont want to keep.

when your done delete the remaining jsgme "mods" folder then run jsgme so it creates a brand new one. put your mods back (i prefer to use fresh new copies of the mods) and install them, that should fix any mod soup glitches.
Old 09-27-09, 01:56 PM   #201
tonschk
Admiral

this mod is the problem .......... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=605

I am sorry WEBSTER , I think I dont explain properly , I downloaded and installed this mod ( about 338Mb zipped and 1004Mb unzipped ) and installed and enabled after all the other mods of the list that you can see in my previous message , and obviously was this mod the reason of the CTD , sorry about this

The complete list of mods added was therefore

GFO patch for real env.
Snorkel name fix for GFO
Slow smoke ver 3
Type IXD2 bubbles
Highres_Dark_Hud_Dials
Animated fans (V1.1)
Lite_Fog_Ver2+Slow_Water
plus the huge 1004 Mb mod linked above

Old 09-27-09, 02:14 PM   #202
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
this mod is the problem .......... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=605

I am sorry WEBSTER , I think I dont explain properly , I downloaded and installed this mod ( about 338Mb zipped and 1004Mb unzipped ) and installed and enabled after all the other mods of the list that you can see in my previous message , and obviously was this mod the reason of the CTD , sorry about this

The complete list of mods added was therefore

GFO patch for real env.
Snorkel name fix for GFO
Slow smoke ver 3
Type IXD2 bubbles
Highres_Dark_Hud_Dials
Animated fans (V1.1)
Lite_Fog_Ver2+Slow_Water
plus the huge 1004 Mb mod linked above

yes that was the problem, see the note for that mod:
Quote:
Requirments to operate mod....This mod was created with these elements installed, BUT Since each ship was configured to run by itself, there is plenty
of room to try other configurations.....and should work fine.....Ahem !!! for you RFB and EXPERIMENTAL GUYS !!!
1. Trigger Maru, updated to beta_170 <<<<<
2. RSRDC_TMOv163_V410 Patched to 2.0 <<<<<
3. OpsMonsun_V700 Patched to 3.0 <<<<<
4. SCAF1.5_RSRDCv410

5. REAL ENVIRONMENTS 1.0 By kriller and W_Clear
6. #4 Ships Reflect and Caustic Environment Mod 5.1 by W_Clear and GDC3MAN

The above is Also the correct load order for the game to work correctly....TRUST ME !
in the highlighted area you see that mod was only made for use with TMO and RSRDC v410 with Op Monsun installed so thats why its messing up on you.
Old 09-27-09, 02:20 PM   #203
tonschk
Admiral

OK , thank you for your help , therefore if I understood properly I cannot use this mod ?
Old 10-01-09, 11:59 AM   #204
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
as for the torpedos, nothing was done to change the dud rates of US torpedos so im guessing you must have a corruption there too or it could just be that random chance has caught up with you as far as finding many of them in a short time.
After starting a new career Tuesday, and running into the horrendous dud rate problem again, I decided to compare the stock Torpedoes_US.sim to the GFO one. This is what I found (GFO version on the left):

EDIT: Images deleted.

And this is for after 6/1/1943, when the torps are "fixed:"

EDIT: Images deleted.

Note also that the Mark 23s are exactly the same.

The main problem seems to me to be the between 45 and 70 degree angle, which has a 75 percent dud rate, whereas the stock 35 to 70 angle only has a 34 percent chance.

Regardless though, the dud rate *is* in fact different in GFO.

I told the blue llama in the green striped hat it wasn't in my head!

Last edited by fred8615; 12-07-09 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Should've been "wasn't," not "was."
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-09, 01:31 PM   #205
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
After starting a new career Tuesday, and running into the horrendous dud rate problem again, I decided to compare the stock Torpedoes_US.sim to the GFO one.

The main problem seems to me to be the between 45 and 70 degree angle, which has a 75 percent dud rate, whereas the stock 35 to 70 angle only has a 34 percent chance.

Regardless though, the dud rate *is* in fact different in GFO.

I told the blue llama in the green striped hat it was in my head!

wow, great catch there fred im really sorry about that. i too thought you were imagining it because it never happened to me when i was playing.

it took me a little while to find it but i found out that it was the "US torpedo overhaul" mod made by Captain America that did it so i'll need to get with him and find out why. i cant think of any reason the file would need to be changed like and then not even mentioned in his read me. in my upcomming update for GFO it will be fixed you can count on it.

for now you can just delete the torpedo sim file to resolve it and the the mod seems to work fine without it so the worst that could happen is the torpedo textures used for some views will revert back to stock. unless you want to restore the stock settings manually, that will be the simple way to cure the problem.

i need to find out more about this because a simple texture mod shouldnt be altering settings like that so more is going on with that mod then i was aware of.

Last edited by Webster; 10-01-09 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-02-09, 04:28 PM   #206
fred8615
Saint of the seas

I just moved the torpedo file from the JSGME backup folder and replaced the one in the game itself. Everything worked fine.
Old 11-06-09, 06:46 PM   #207
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

there is a mixed up file in the historic torpedo textures used in GFO that increased dud rates because it was using a TMO file

to solve the issue install the new version of the torpedo mod on top of GFO and you wont have all those duds anymore

here is the torpedo mod you need to use: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=148526
Old 11-09-09, 12:26 PM   #208
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Thanks for the update on the problem.

Speaking of updates, any timeline on the next version of GFO?
Old 11-13-09, 01:07 AM   #209
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
Thanks for the update on the problem.

Speaking of updates, any timeline on the next version of GFO?

i really want to get it done but everytime i get some free time something happens and i have other stuff to do instead.
Old 11-13-09, 02:40 PM   #210
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
After some tests with some of the megamods I happily return to GFO. Just wanted to say that imho you made a good decision by staying close to the original.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote