SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-10, 12:01 PM   #136
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Oh come on... that was posted nine months ago!
Old 07-20-10, 02:26 PM   #137
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfxcasey View Post
I am not coming back here so that should make you happy. Mission accomplished.

if you cant have a mature disscussion like an adult without insulting everyone then im sorry to see you go but we ask members to treat others with respect at this site.
Old 07-20-10, 02:28 PM   #138
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfxcasey View Post
Please don't respond to this post even though you won't be able to resist. You got your way, I am not coming back here so that should make you happy. Mission accomplished.
Clearly you are coming back to issue a parting shot. You obviously want to continue an argument that has lay dormant for months. How could you possibly expect your target not to reply?
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 09:00 PM   #139
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
Oh come on... that was posted nine months ago!
Seriously, but I guess that's what happens when someone climbs up the stupid tree, falls, and hits every branch on the way down.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 08:58 AM   #140
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

OK, folks.

That ringing sound is the bell for the end of the fight. Everybody back to their corners to await the judge's decision.

JCC
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 02:09 PM   #141
Darojax
A-ganger

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Great patch, thanks!
Darojax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-12, 03:58 PM   #142
CptNase
Swabbie

Downloads: 23

Nice !
CptNase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 03:23 PM   #143
Reventlow
Watch

Downloads: 8

Hi all,

Sorry to un-Earth an old topic.

I used to play SH3 quite a bit way back in the day and very recently acquired SH4 to give it a go. I was immediately impressed and very excited to get going when I noticed the eyes (or lack thereof). It seems to only affect my crew members on the bridge.

After some sleuthing I found out about the bug and was eventually lead here. Now I have installed the mod through JSGME and for the life of me can not get it to work.

When I have everything in place and running as it should, the JSGME enabled mod doesn't seem to have any affect at all. Out of curiosity, I replaced the stock MARINE.DAT file with the one from the mod and that made my crew in the boat have black eyes and gave the crew up top (the bridge) bright blue eyes.

I have no other mods installed and am running SH4/UBM 1.5 via Steam.

Is there anything I am missing? I am DYING to play this but I just can't get past the eye bug.

Thanks very much for any and all input - and thanks for taking the time to make the mod in the first place!

GWX
Commander
OLCE2 UberMOD
Reventlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 05:17 PM   #144
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Did you take the individual folder out of the main one? E.G. there's one folder called 'Eye Patch Pack' and in that there are three sub folders. If your JSGME says 'Eye Patch Pack' then it isn't installed poperley.
Old 06-01-13, 05:33 PM   #145
Reventlow
Watch

Quote:
Did you take the individual folder out of the main one? E.G. there's one folder called 'Eye Patch Pack' and in that there are three sub folders. If your JSGME says 'Eye Patch Pack' then it isn't installed poperley.
Thanks for the prompt reply, Nisgeis.

I did indeed. JSGME says that 'Eye Patch for Stock' is active. My video card (GTX 570) has all the latest drivers but I'm beginning to suspect that may be the problem?

GWX
Commander
OLCE2 UberMOD
Old 06-01-13, 05:58 PM   #146
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Hmmm, if you installed it by JSGME, but that had no effect, but manually replacing the file did have an effect, I'd say something went a bit wrong... as JSGME should have replaced the file.

One thing you have to be aware of when manually replacing files is that you shouldn't back up the old file in the same directory, as SH4 will load all files, not just ones with specific names, so make sure you didn't back up in the same dir. If you have duplicates, then SH4 can load both files, but deal with duplicates in an odd way, e.g. it chooses one ID from one file and one from another with no rhyme nor reason.

And you have no other mods, no super mod? Hmmm, just check you don't have a duplicate of marine.dat in there somewhere.
Old 06-01-13, 06:15 PM   #147
Reventlow
Watch

Quote:
Hmmm, if you installed it by JSGME, but that had no effect, but manually replacing the file did have an effect, I'd say something went a bit wrong... as JSGME should have replaced the file.

One thing you have to be aware of when manually replacing files is that you shouldn't back up the old file in the same directory, as SH4 will load all files, not just ones with specific names, so make sure you didn't back up in the same dir. If you have duplicates, then SH4 can load both files, but deal with duplicates in an odd way, e.g. it chooses one ID from one file and one from another with no rhyme nor reason.

And you have no other mods, no super mod? Hmmm, just check you don't have a duplicate of marine.dat in there somewhere.
When I manually replaced it I transferred the original file to an external drive so as to avoid the game mistakenly implementing the wrong file.

All of this was done on a fresh install from Steam.

I'm wondering now if I installed JSGME correctly? To install I simply unzipped it to my game folder.

And no, zero other mods are active at the moment. I did download TMO to try but have yet to even unzip it. I thought that perhaps using TMO might help to get the mod working correctly.

GWX
Commander
OLCE2 UberMOD
Old 06-01-13, 06:39 PM   #148
Reventlow
Watch

Re-installed JSGME as I don't think I had everything in the right place. Now I have the program in the root folder and it seems to be working as intended.

But, when I implement the mod I am getting the black/bright blue eyes again.

GWX
Commander
OLCE2 UberMOD
Old 06-01-13, 07:35 PM   #149
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Sorry not to answer your question but I'm not sure I would bother with this fix. I tried it and it had no effect, even though I did not get the bright blue eyes bug.

If I get the time () I'm going to retexture the head models' eye sockets with eyes (replacing the flesh tone) as a crude work-around measure. I will release it when it's done.

No offense to Nisgeis; I appreciate the effort.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 10:20 PM   #150
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

not everyone has this problem. if you don't have the problem then using this mod can cause the eyes to disappear on you so don't use it if you don't need to.

this was one of those strange issues that showed up for some but not all and I "think" it was hardware related.

I don't ever recall anyone having this issue anymore so it might have been grafics driver or mod related

Last edited by Webster; 06-03-13 at 08:02 PM.

Tags
eye patch