SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-08, 12:32 PM   #106
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

In stock I've seen the gun crews get hung up like that, too, where the buttons flash and it takes forever for them to respond.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 04:24 PM   #107
WalterJConklin
Mate

Downloads: 58

Thanks for creating this mod. ANy plans for doing some American battleships? Wal
WalterJConklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 04:35 PM   #108
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sarsfield
In stock I've seen the gun crews get hung up like that, too, where the buttons flash and it takes forever for them to respond.
Probably nothing to worry about then, I don't use the gun crews much in the stock (using a sub) so I didn't know that.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 05:25 PM   #109
The Fishlord
Planesman

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterJConklin
Thanks for creating this mod. ANy plans for doing some American battleships? Wal
Yes, Xantrokoles is doing a Graf Spee class pocket BB, but after that he plans for an Iowa class BB. Not sure what would happen after that; but your work is great so far! Don't stop!

Maybe if you get tons of time on your hands and have nothing to do, you could code a merchant ship. Every mission would be to drop off supplies at a port, and you might have to deal with marauding...well, no subs, so that takes the fun out...
The Fishlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 06:47 PM   #110
The_Pharoah
Soundman

Downloads: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fishlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterJConklin
Yes, Xantrokoles is doing a Graf Spee class pocket BB, but after that he plans for an Iowa class BB. Not sure what would happen after that; but your work is great so far! Don't stop!

Maybe if you get tons of time on your hands and have nothing to do, you could code a merchant ship. Every mission would be to drop off supplies at a port, and you might have to deal with marauding...well, no subs, so that takes the fun out...
I wouldn't mind a merchant even for the fun factor ie. doing milk runs between ports delivering cargo and stuff.

I am looking forward to the bigger ships, esp the cruisers as apparently these were the real corvettes of the sea ie. speed like a DD and guns like a BB

I'm currently reading a book which describes all the major naval actions of WW2 (just finished the 2 Narvik battles) - man, this mod has HUGE potential. Hopefully Ubi will actually do something official on it. This is like IL2 for the navy! lol.

just the thought of recreating all those naval battles is enough to give me goose bumps eg. Battle of savo island, marianas, etc etc. *drools*
The_Pharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 02:59 PM   #111
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
[...]
Thank you peabody for your very detailed description of your problem.
I did lots of test with different damage, but I never get a purple ship or similar:hmm:
Usually the mod should work without other mods solid...

I am sorried that I can't help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fishlord
[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pharao
[...]
Merchants sounds boring

I am sticking with my pocket BB
and the Iowa is driving and textures and so on are working(damn this cutter is huge)
But I really don't want to built more BB's because it doesn't make fun to be undestroyable...
I though of an Fletcher for the large dismantled Us campaign
Old 04-26-08, 12:37 PM   #112
Ishigami
Navy Dude

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantrokoles
I did lots of test with different damage, but I never get a purple ship or similar:hmm:
Quote:
Usually the mod should work without other mods solid...
I am sorried that I can't help you

I disabled the environment mods due to my driver problem hence I try v1.1 again.

Quote:
I though of an Fletcher for the large dismantled Us campaign

A lovely idea.

“I always felt it was the Fletcher class that won the war [...] they were the heart and soul of the small-ship Navy.” (Lt. Comdr. Fred Edwards, Destroyer Type Desk, Bureau of Ships, 1942)

A nice resource page: Fletcher-class Destroyers
Including original blueprints of the whole ship!

I hope a texture artist is joining you again. There are some great painting schemes for Fletcher-class destroyers out there. I think the weathering of the stock one is to strong and the colours of hull and superstructure don’t match up…

Edit:
Ok I tested v1.1 again and got the same bug again. With the second or third hit the damage of the hull was 33 and the textures changed to purple.
The structure got visual damage below the waterline, hardly visible in the screenshot (center of the ship).

Last edited by Ishigami; 04-26-08 at 12:57 PM.
Ishigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 01:26 PM   #113
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Ishigami I tested it again and again and there is no purple paint

What HUD mod are you using?

Who has the same problem?
Old 04-26-08, 01:57 PM   #114
Ishigami
Navy Dude

Downloads: 20

My mods:

The retextured hud dials are the high resolution dials v1.5, I actually mixed the dark version with the light version to get the dark version on American subs and the light version on German subs.
The camera mod is the camera mod included in environments 4.3.
No mod included got anything to do with the destroyer (no file error reported from JSGME) so they shouldn't matter?
Ishigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 02:04 PM   #115
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

I've run this mod without any other mods on. And i still got the purple ship error.. strange.. :hmm:
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 03:05 PM   #116
The_Pharoah
Soundman

Downloads: 51

The only mod I have installed is DD ver 1.1 and my ship turns purple when hit a few times as well.
The_Pharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 05:17 PM   #117
Will-Rommel
Chief

Downloads: 81

I wonder if it's a graphic card issue, because i never experienced this.
Old 04-26-08, 05:55 PM   #118
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

It must be something with the DMG_... node, but I don't know why Will-Rommel and I haven't got this bug
Old 04-26-08, 09:44 PM   #119
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:

It must be something with the DMG_... node, but I don't know why Will-Rommel and I haven't got this bug
How about if we try a different way. We are telling you what we have, how about you tell us what you two have for MODs and video cards and we'll see if we can find something that is the same for you two but different for us? In fact maybe I could try installing whatever mods you have and see if I still have the problem.? But, like I commented before I did play with version 1.0 and never had the purple problem but I did have the horn problem. The only sound related things I have that may be different, my motherboard has built in sound and I never put in a separate sound card, and the other, I had Row Sound effects v8 but uninstalled before I installed the Add-on and did not put them back in.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-08, 07:50 PM   #120
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default a DD, fascinating

Im taking your files home tonight... have a clean install of 1.5 done and waiting for it

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote