SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-08-08, 12:09 PM   #556
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke
Question, do you use any sound mods? Besides the GWX supplies sounds.
Nope, that's pure GWX. I play using headphones. On headphones the GWX sounds sound best to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon
In GWX one could use the 10X periscope to approach a convoy as well as attacking it. An Ubermod user though should/could use his 3X periscope for attacking purposes (mainly) and do a lot of hydrophone checks in order to approach it.(?)
I don't get your question. Define "should"? :hmm:
You do whatever you like. If you want to you can use the OLCU observation scope (6X) to approach the convoy.
Old 05-08-08, 01:06 PM   #557
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Thanks OLC. Never mind the question.

I have installed part 1 of your mod. Great deal of job done there. You are the man!
Thank you very much for sharing it.

Another question to bother you with...
In case one wants to deactivate te OLCU ; should he replace the U-boat folder with the original one? I'm reffering to SH3Cmdr of course.

with regards
tomfon
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 01:21 PM   #558
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Another question to bother you with...
In case one wants to deactivate te OLCU ; should he replace the U-boat folder with the original one? I'm reffering to SH3Cmdr of course.
No you don't need to do anything with SH3C. The OLC U-boat files won't be used when you're not using OLC GUI.
Old 05-08-08, 06:02 PM   #559
NAZ2222
Seaman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Hallo OLC.

I want to give your Ubermod a try but i haven't understood what to do with the
"U-boat" folder downloaded along with the parts 1,2 and 3.
Could you provide some help?

Thanks in advance.
Just read the readme.

That reminds me... my GF (works in IT as a tester) said yesterday that someone at work called their readme files names like "MySisterNaked.doc"

Maybe I should try that? :hmm:
Damm OLC you must be superman!! With all the time you spent doing this mod, you still had the time to take care of your GF!! that is almost as big achivement as this amazing Mod!!

Thankx for your incredible work!
NAZ2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 06:08 PM   #560
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default Visual Sensors

Enemy ships definitely get better at spotting you as the war progresses. Still in March 1941, I just tried a surface attack in clear, calm weather, at the darkest time of the night. I was spotted at 3km! Those ships certainly aren't "blind" in OLCE2 by any measure. I'm thinking this level of night visibility is about right, no? :hmm:
Old 05-08-08, 06:14 PM   #561
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZ2222
Damm OLC you must be superman!! With all the time you spent doing this mod, you still had the time to take care of your GF!! that is almost as big achivement as this amazing Mod!!
WTF is that supposed to mean?
Edit: I think I see what you're saying. First, I live with my GF. Co-habit. House-share. Comprestand? Underhend? Second, I really see no need at all for smartass comments like that. You might think me rude, but I only get irritated with people who waste my time. Don't waste my time, and I won't be rude. That's my justification... what's yours? Don't bother answering that; you just landed in my ignore list.
Old 05-08-08, 06:34 PM   #562
NAZ2222
Seaman

Downloads: 25

I meant that only as a compliment, nothing else.
I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.

Great work nonetheless
NAZ2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 06:54 PM   #563
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22

I sense great anger in this thread....
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 06:58 PM   #564
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

OLC you get too easily offended... I think you're in a stress crisis...
Old 05-08-08, 07:06 PM   #565
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Ok lads, let's chill a bit here

PT, all kidding aside, I think things overall have been handled above bar in this thread. Believe me I have seen much worse.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 07:32 PM   #566
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

RDP, this is "above bar"!? Christ, I thought I was acting like a... well lets just say my recent behaviour hasn't been what I would have liked it to be.

To anyone reading:
I have a lot of RL stress at the moment. Yeah, I know, everyone has RL stress, but I daresay mine scores pretty high on any stressometer. I'm in the process of going bankrupt and my house is being repossessed... and that's only a half of it. This means it's not a good time to be asking me stupid questions or making smartass comments at my expense. And while I'm at it, this is definitely not a good time to be PMing me with mod requests. I'm not a public service.

Bug reports and constructive criticism are still welcome and I'll try not to bite the head off people for it. That's the best I can do at the moment.
Old 05-08-08, 07:36 PM   #567
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Enemy ships definitely get better at spotting you as the war progresses. Still in March 1941, I just tried a surface attack in clear, calm weather, at the darkest time of the night. I was spotted at 3km! Those ships certainly aren't "blind" in OLCE2 by any measure. I'm thinking this level of night visibility is about right, no? :hmm:
Yes

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 07:38 PM   #568
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
Yes
Old 05-08-08, 07:48 PM   #569
jmr
Commander

Downloads: 62

Sorry to here about the **** you're going through right now, OLC. Nothing I can say or do can alleviate that but I want to say thanks for this mod of yours. It's your MOD combined GWX that keeps me playing SH3.

Quote:
What speed were you traveling? It's hard to find concrete data on stuff like this so were left with first hand accounts of night time surface attacks by ex submariners. In Iron Wolves, Herbert Werner writes about coming within several hundred meters of an unsuspecting target early in the war. Edward Beach writes similarly about up close and personal attacks in pitch darkness although a foamy wake from high speed runs could easily give you away if you an astute watch crew on the target ship.
jmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 07:54 PM   #570
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Sincerely ?
I absolutely do not know.
Why ?
Simply because I've not sailed at the darkest time of the night trying to spot anything.
I think you better ask this question to a man who could give you a proper answer... If I am not mistaken, I've seen a few posts from Bill Nichols saying that he served on a submarine some time ago. :hmm:

@ Bill : Excuse me if I'm wrong, the posts I'm speaking about have been posted more than a year ago... And I sincerely apologise if I'm mistaken.

Also, @ OLC : Here's wishing you'll get RL things sorted soon...