SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-11, 09:07 PM   #871
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate,

Still the same, page got timed out but look at the 2 links i post upward i am convinced it will solve the issue

Best regards Hans

Ok... I'm sweating here, I keep doing stupid mistakes - Was cleaning out the other FTP progs in case they were causing conflicts ----- and yup I uninstalled the FTP fro the web site (hence why you are timing out) .

Ok phew, I've reinstalled and set up the user accounts agian so this time It should be working.

Will check those links see if the sort it out. I'd prefer to have the files on the WebHost than my Server due to my slow bandwidth.

@Hans, can you try again mate see if the page now works. I promise I'll stay away from my laptop for now so not to break it again

EDIT: tried those changes, not sure if they will make any difference though.
Everywhere I look it appears that PHP is just no good with large files (2MB is really the safe size for PHP)
Only way to get large files is via a FTP FIleserver. May be best to look at alternative hosts if mine proves to slow or not up to the job.

Last edited by reaper7; 03-25-11 at 09:18 PM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 09:15 PM   #872
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Ok... I'm sweating here, I keep doing stupid mistakes - Was cleaning out the other FTP progs in case they were causing conflicts ----- and yup I uninstalled the FTP fro the web site (hence why you are timing out) .

Ok phew, I've reinstalled and set up the user accounts agian so this time It should be working.

Will check those links see if the sort it out. I'd prefer to have the files on the WebHost than my Server due to my slow bandwidth.

@Hans, can you try again mate see if the page now works. I promise I'll stay away from my laptop for now so not to break it again
Hi mate,

Sorry to disappoint you again but still timed out

Better go for the 2 links i found and the third one in the last post over Edit.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 09:26 PM   #873
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Hi mate,

Sorry to disappoint you again but still timed out

Better go for the 2 links i found and the third one in the last post over Edit.

Best regards Hans

Cheers. I've sent you a mail with direct link to my server address to bypass the website. You can try it that way for now

heers. I've sent you a mail with direct link to my server address to bypass the website. You can try it that way for now

When you say your Timing out, is that downloading the Tutorial file ????
If so are you downloading it via the File Server on the Members Area of the U-Boot_HAHD Website ???
If not then thats the one I need you to try to download from, thats the one that I'm working on not the 2 PHP ones I linked earlier.
As shown in the earlier screenshot.

Is this the same for the rest of the Members, or has anyone else had any luck here ?

EDIT: Ok I've tried to access via a web proxy and I'm timing out also. Guess I dont have FTP set up properly.
And It was working for me is due to the fact its on a local machine rather than over the Internet.

Well that gives me a start to see what the Issue is, ok lets get this working

Last edited by reaper7; 03-25-11 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-25-11, 09:50 PM   #874
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Cheers. I've sent you a mail with direct link to my server address to bypass the website. You can try it that way for now

heers. I've sent you a mail with direct link to my server address to bypass the website. You can try it that way for now

When you say your Timing out, is that downloading the Tutorial file ????
If so are you downloading it via the File Server on the Members Area of the U-Boot_HAHD Website ???
If not then thats the one I need you to try to download from, thats the one that I'm working on not the 2 PHP ones I linked earlier.
As shown in the earlier screenshot.

Is this the same for the rest of the Members, or has anyone else had any luck here ?

EDIT: Ok I've tried to access via a web proxy and I'm timing out also. Guess I dont have FTP set up properly.
And It was working for me is due to the fact its on a local machine rather than over the Internet.

Well that gives me a start to see what the Issue is, ok lets get this working
Hi mate,

I am sure we will sort it out with the post i have found read them and you will see that many have encounter this problem with php and they sort it out on these posts i mention

I'm anxious to see everything working flawlessly because i can upload up 2 to 3 tutorials a day.

This will set the team up in high gear if we can make it work.

Best regards Hans

Old 03-26-11, 12:12 AM   #875
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default Found a solution

Hi mate,

I found the solution there is a french isp call free who is providing a free 10 GB ftp the files are retain for 30 days but longer if the file keep getting download before the 30 days end.

I think it is the best solution until you find a way to fix the php ini

Here the link but it is in french so use google translation : http://dl.free.fr/upload.html

I am going back there to set the account and i have to download their ftp software.

Best regards Hans

Old 03-26-11, 07:04 AM   #876
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3221

Quote:
Hi mate,

I found the solution there is a french isp call free who is providing a free 10 GB ftp the files are retain for 30 days but longer if the file keep getting download before the 30 days end.

I think it is the best solution until you find a way to fix the php ini

Here the link but it is in french so use google translation : http://dl.free.fr/upload.html

I am going back there to set the account and i have to download their ftp software.

Best regards Hans
I don´t know if it´s free, but another possibility is the FTP used by Plissken (Maik´s site). There are a lot of SH3 mods here.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 09:26 AM   #877
reaper7
sim2reality

Well I got it working eventually, was up to 6.30AM working on it.
Worst part was I probably had it working for hours but was unable to see it working.
Found out you cant after a lot of searching you cant FTP from your own network into your router - so no way to verify that FTP is working except from an external network that caused me loads of problems.

It works - but now the bad news, as I feared my Internet is just to slow.
I can access the FTP ok and Download ok, but am only getting 40KB speeds from my IP Provider on the upload via FTP.

I'm looking at an alternative solution that looks promising www.dropbox.com
You get 2GB free Storage and for each friends you sign up you get an additional 250MB free space.
Up to an nice 8GB of space .
So If we could get as much members here to sign up using http://db.tt/GgJbEAZ that could give some nice storage space.
Plus each member that joins gets a 2GB storage space and a free 250mb bonus.

Other than that I might look into paid FTP Hosting - might be viable if the price is right.

Last edited by reaper7; 03-26-11 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-26-11, 11:55 AM   #878
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Hi mate,

I think i find a pretty handy tool for your work i just upload it on our website in the file server in tutorial section it is a file renumber sequencer have a look at it

The file name is 14aren here is the link page where he show how to renumber file in sequence : http://www.1-4a.com/rename/rename-examples.htm

You can also adjust starting value and the stepping value so it should do the job.

Best regards Hans
Hi Hans,
thats ok with the renumberer tool Hans . the day i asked you a tool like this i also have sent a pm to Karamazovnew.he had created a very good renumberer tool that worked with a macro in word and i couldn't find it in my HD. thanks to Karamazovnew he responded and sent it to me and all the work is allready done !
haven't used the tool at the link you posted yet but it seems a very good find

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo7 View Post
Mak your bronze big compass is A PIECE OF ART matey. Bravo λεβέντη μου.
I also love the oldish style of the GUI and the bronze case indicators. Your work is exceptional.

I have 2 questions though;
- Shouldn't it better if your labels were in german? (i.e. seite 1, seite 2, Kompass etc.)
- What do you think about adding real mapping tools on your map? (see pic below)

Cheers y'all!
geia sou Nemo eyxaristw megale ! *thank you Nemo

and thank all of you for your kind words that you post (i am reading your posts and are like 'oil' in the 'machine' but you understand i can't reply separetely to each of you)
EDIT: forgot to say that at work that you see at small dials must also give credits to Reaper .most of the work that you see there is his work !

@Nemo ,about your questions-suggestions :
1. the labels at the pic are all in english becuase thats the languange that most understand . at the same time all the german labels are allready created. that will be a mini mod that will be enabled after the core files and will change ALL the english labels to german.
2. although these images for the tool's buttons are nice eye-candies(btw ,you can find way more nice and detailed images like these in TMO i think) ...they are 'eating' a lot of space of navmap . as one of the main purposes of the gui is to be 'handy' i choose (or prefer) the 'clear',as possible, navmap .

@Reaper : i wish good luck to your efforts mate !! the 'paying' option must be.... abandon and choosed only if it is the 'last' hope.i mean that there is no problem if download is slow ... and files will not be so much big . just thinking loud...

Manos

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 03-26-11 at 12:24 PM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 12:10 PM   #879
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Worst part was I probably had it working for hours but was unable to see it working.
Found out you cant after a lot of searching you cant FTP from your own network into your router - so no way to verify that FTP is working except from an external network that caused me loads of problems.

I can access the FTP ok and Download ok, but am only getting 40KB speeds from my IP Provider on the upload via FTP.

You get 2GB free Storage and for each friends you sign up you get an additional 250MB free space.
So If we could get as much members here to sign up using http://db.tt/GgJbEAZ that could give some nice storage space.

Other than that I might look into paid FTP Hosting - might be viable if the price is right.
Hi mate,

The french isp i talk about last night is completely free and give a great 10 GB of storage but like i say all thing get deleted after a file have no download activity for a month.

For the video tutorials it is a perfect temporary solution but for the assets and references it is a no go.

I saw the one you mention dropbox but be careful some of those services have no way to shared file securely most of them are public sharing.

I also heard of a way to shared file via microsoft live and this one is completely free,

Best regards Hans

Best regards Hans

Old 03-26-11, 12:17 PM   #880
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:

Hi mate.

FTP can indeed be achieved thru your own network, however your isp up speed is a problem.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 12:29 PM   #881
reaper7
sim2reality

Ok I've tested a few of the Alternatives.

www.dropbox.com
www.jumboFiles.com
http://www.drivehq.com/ftp

And I think Dropbox far exceeds expectations for what we need.
And its free with no Bandwidth issues unlike the FTP ones unless you pay big money of course.

I've set up an Account and set up the Website - Members - File Area for access to the Folders.
This is a very secure method for file sharing also, so that just what we need .
Also when all our members sign up via this referral link: http://db.tt/GgJbEAZ not only will the storage space increase from 2GB up to 8GB (If 23 more people install dropbox ) but we can all be linked together.

What that will mean for the Team is all our PC's and the Web Folders will sync together so we all have the same filesets .
Webpage even stores deleted items for 30days in case accidental deleting also .

I think this is the Solution - try it in the U-Boot_HAHD website Team Members.
You can access the Folders and upload also at the moment. And Once you Install Dropbox via http://db.tt/GgJbEAZ I can link our Account togeter for autosync .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Hi mate.

FTP can indeed be achieved thru your own network, however your isp up speed is a problem.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Yah Got it working eventually after a lot of wasted hours. Oh well, Just not practical with my crap Internet Provider.
Here in the good ole Ireland land of crap Broadband - the Best Provider I can get here is 3MB download 512kb Upload.

Not good for FTP Hosting. But I'm very happy with the above solution - For the Team Project its better even than what FTP could give us.
Old 03-26-11, 12:33 PM   #882
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Ok I've tested a few of the Alternatives.

www.dropbox.com
www.jumboFiles.com
http://www.drivehq.com/ftp

And I think Dropbox far exceeds expectations for what we need.
And its free with no Bandwidth issues unlike the FTP ones unless you pay big money of course.

I've set up an Account and set up the Website - Members - File Area for access to the Folders.
This is a very secure method for file sharing also, so that just what we need .
Also when all our members sign up via this referral link: http://db.tt/GgJbEAZ not only will the storage space increase from 2GB up to 8GB (If 23 more people install dropbox ) but we can all be linked together.

What that will mean for the Team is all our PC's and the Web Folders will sync together so we all have the same filesets .
Webpage even stores deleted items for 30days in case accidental deleting also .

I think this is the Solution - try it in the U-Boot_HAHD website Team Members.
You can access the Folders and upload also at the moment. And Once you Install Dropbox via http://db.tt/GgJbEAZ I can link our Account togeter for autosync .
Hi mate,

Great work again so i will upload the second video tutorial to test this new setup and will go to install dropbox after.

Best regards Hans

Old 03-26-11, 12:37 PM   #883
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default Message to all our supporters

Hi shipmates,

Since the beginning you are here and you are supporting us in a fantastic way but now you all have a true occasion to help the team.

Just like reaper mention in the upward post if you all go sign in on drop box we will get additional storage for our work so go ahead and give us a hand it is totally free and you will contributed to U-BOOT_HAHD.

Thank to all and refer to reaper instructions to sign in.

Best regards Hans

Old 03-26-11, 12:41 PM   #884
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Hi mate,

Great work again so i will upload the second video tutorial to test this new setup and will go to install dropbox after.

Best regards Hans
Excellent, look forward to the learning

I've sent Invites to join and sync with the Folder to all the Team members 'Username'@u-boot-hahd.com email accounts.
This need to be done first before you can access the Folder.

Last edited by reaper7; 03-26-11 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-26-11, 01:13 PM   #885
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Excellent, look forward to the learning

I've sent Invites to join and sync with the Folder to all the Team members 'Username'@u-boot-hahd.com email accounts.
This need to be done first before you can access the Folder.
ok Reaper ! i am 'in' ! well done

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote