SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-19, 08:54 AM   #1
Marshall Ney
Loader

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0
Default Now I need help with SH5

Okay, SH5 has been working fine for a year or so with some mods. Then when I back and what I had read before, a lot of people are/were raving about a couple of mods for SH3, I was going to try one. But I have a corrupted old disc, and Blackswan40 has offered to help me out with a good copy!!

Anyway, this is what happened; I went in and downloaded a few more mods to go with OH2.5 this morning and have launched 4-5 games and I can't find my sub icon on large navigation map. On the sub in first person all seems fine, no image of my ship on map!!! Also, I started watching on YouTube "Taff in Exile"
videos and I copied some of the mods he was using. I will list my mods here soon. I want the dials that I think, is some combination of SH3-4 to use like he had. I thought "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2....7z was what I needed, but I don't see it the new stuff yet. I know from reading posts here that certain mods need to be loaded first, second or last, etc. I just looked at JSGME and it has OH2.5 1st, but in mod folder it's just about last. Does JSGME control order loaded??

Anyway, I hope I have made things clear enough for someone to figure out what I need to do. MY mods; 1).OHII v2.5 2).MQK Gradient_IO 3). MQK LocationMaps_IO 4).MKQShapeTextures_NO5).FX_Update_0_0_21_byTheDar kWraith 6) Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1 7). Airstrike-change 8).Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 9).Real Environment-Revision_3
10). Ship Capsize & Listing Effects 1.0_by vdr1981 11). NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_by theDarkWraith.

There more listed which tell me they are just part of DarkWraith 7_4_2. I hope I have given enough correct information that someone can help. MY OS is MS10 and like I said SH5 has been working fine.

PS: I forgot to ask. How do you use Habour & Kiel mod???
mn

Last edited by Marshall Ney; 04-26-19 at 09:07 AM.
Marshall Ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 03:08 PM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

The newest 'NewUI' mod is 7_5_0 , not 7_4_2.

Your problem is more related to the correct usage of Real Navigation rather than the correct mod install I think. Try disabling Real navigation and see if your game launches correctly, also install the newest version of the UI above. Then once you see all is ok, re-enable RN and maybe read about its usage again. It's not the easiest part of the game...

A shortcut to solve is to install the TWoS megamod over a clean v.1.2.0 game. Then you won't have to mess around with single mods.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 05:21 PM   #3
Marshall Ney
Loader

Sorry XenonSurf, I don't follow you. What mod is the real navigation one??? I am not hip to all the jingle-jangle of slang when it comes to all mods, etc. AND where is 7.5 UIs. The one I see listed is a test one and I see a lot of people having problems with it.

Sorry, I am just dummy about this stuff.

MN
Old 04-26-19, 06:37 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Ney View Post
Sorry XenonSurf, I don't follow you. What mod is the real navigation one??? I am not hip to all the jingle-jangle of slang when it comes to all mods, etc. AND where is 7.5 UIs. The one I see listed is a test one and I see a lot of people having problems with it.

Sorry, I am just dummy about this stuff.

MN

Real Navigation:
RN is when you play without any symbols on the map, you need to add them yourself, the game will not do it for you. The story you tell above seems to me that maybe you want to disable this feature. Or if you want to play with it, then install TWoS, it has the best implementation of RN, and: NO errors
With or without RN, the TWoS megamod is the best option to quickly install and play the game.

Now, if you want to play the SH5 magician, then read on, (or stop here).

Mods for SH5:
You will find the mods in the download section, so take a look there. They mostly have a provided link pointing in this mod forum section, with a thread title generally starting with '[REL] Mod name'. You can also use the Search function in the forums above, or consult the various sticky posts to find a mod. Be warned that most of them are outdated and not worked-on or supported anymore. You need to know which one to use or not to use, some sticky posts can answer that, also the docs & readmes that come with the mods. Or by simply asking precise questions here.

Here is an 'example' of a modlist for SH5, my personal experiment to get close to the stock game with the minimum of additional features that make sense (those mods marked 'adjusted' and some of them are not downloadable, also the order in the list is crucial):

------------------------------------------------
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\SilentHunter5\MODS]

Accurate German Flags
No_Damn_Bubbles_No_Damn_Halo_Mod_ADJUSTED
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_AFFOE_151
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
Equip_Upgrades_Fix_1_4_Patch_1_AFFOE_151
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files v2
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_Sjizzles_Charts for NewUIs from TWoS
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_FIX_Message_English_XOTDC_Auto_Ma nual_TDC
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_New_radio_messages_German
Automation Scripts for Stock Game
IRAI_0_0_41_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_41_Inertia_Damage
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5
OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1
STOCKGAME_ADJUSTED_Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
STOCKGAME_ADJUSTED_Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
TDW_No_Contact_Colors_1_1_0
TDW_No_Contact_Tails_1_1_0
TDW_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Symbols_1_1_0
Map_Tools_ADJUSTED_from_TWOS
IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750_ADJUSTED
IO_MapCourseLine_normal pencil_mod
------------------------------------------------

Welcome in the Jungle of SH5 (where everyone will help you)!
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-26-19 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-27-19, 08:15 AM   #5
Marshall Ney
Loader

okay, trying again. It's something to do with UIs by DarkWraith I'm doing wrong, I think. I finely found 7_5 and downloaded it. I also came here and looked at your list and see that 7_5 was loaded before OHII 2.5. So, I tried that to see, but no, still no image on navigation map.

I have a question about when loading 7_5(or the other one) you get a pop-up some the multiple parts of mod are duplicated?? and are greyed-out on right hand side of JSGME box. Should I not load these?? See these are the little things I don't know better about.

Also, I'll try to make clearer what I want with mods. I want what 7_4,7_5 describes with SH3-4 dials& TDC aids. I can't use the vanilla yellow line with 1-2-3 things at all. And it turns me off to SH5 real quick.

Also, how do you use the Kiel canal thing. And lastly, what else, if any do I need to get this working(7_5)?? I deleted the MQK 3 mods, I don't even remember what/why they were there.

Thanks

mn
Old 04-27-19, 11:07 AM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Once you have the NewUIs loaded, you can launch the OFEV, OptionsFileEditorViewer and set what you will see or not see in the NavMap, and in the TAI map, plus a lot of other options, for example SH3 or SH4 dials.
You must launch SH5 in admin mode, maybe set your game shortcut to Win7 compatibility and Admin mode, else you may experience grafic glitches in Win10. As always the rule is: you need full admin rights on your computer when playing SH5.
If you load my modlist above, you will without any doubt play with your sub icon on the map, plus other targets will appear as grey symbols without tail. If underwater, no symbols will appear but lines of your hydrophone. The NewUIs must always be installed before OHII.

Sorry but: You should know all this before installing any SH5 mods, this is basic knowledge if you post in the mod section here...

And saying it for the 3rd time: If this is too much trouble for you (and it is by reading you), install TWoS over a clean SH5 1.2.0. You will have everything without errors, plus a lot of docs to tell you what to do.

I hope this additional info will help you,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-27-19 at 11:28 AM.