Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-09-17, 06:14 PM   #1
Grimm862
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default SH5 with TWOS

Hey guys, long time since I've been here, got a new copy of SH5 with TWOS installed on it. So, the last time I played SH5 I only had a few normal mods installed and whatnot, so I am kind of lost in the game now, I can't navigate via the map anymore, I have no idea how to use torpedoes without the automatic way and I am just curious if there is any way to keep TWOS and get back auto targeting and being able to set waypoints. I know it's not exactly the correct way to play but it's how I enjoy the game. Any help would be appreciated.

Also in the game I am getting some blank plain black menus if I click on certain menu buttons, say the most top left button in the map I can't see any options just checks, and a few others are like this as well.

I have a 1070 GTX and I am on windows 10 dunno if that helps. But thanks again.
Grimm862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 08:30 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Grimm862!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-17, 06:57 PM   #4
Grimm862
Swabbie

Well I figured out how to use nav markers already, and I got the gist of shooting topedos without all the dials. You just aim and shoot. I haven't updated to the creators update yet, 99% of the game works fine graphically it's just a few special menus that appear all black. My sound works as done the graphics for the most part. It's just those few pesky menus that I have no idea in which they do.

Love these games to death. Thanks for any more insight. I could try and take some pictures. Also one last thing, the application to change the interface on SH5 TWOS does not work I get an error when trying to get into the settings to change to the SH3 UI. I go into the provided software and do all the steps but the last step to open up the menu folder just keeps throwing an error stating 9000 strings is the max or somehting. I should really take some pictures.
Old 07-15-17, 01:26 PM   #5
Grimm862
Swabbie

I fixed all the problems I was having by uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it properly with the patcher and all that jazz. My game was totally messed up dunno how I was playing it lol.