Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-25-23, 03:13 PM   #1501
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Lets hope they do not learn to treat them better - and by doing so: winning the war in the end. Everything (and everyone) that brings misery to Russian soldiers, is highly welcomed. If they sacrifice their troops senselessly, lets not disturb them.
As Napoleon said
Do not interrupt your enemy doing mistake (Something like that)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 03:19 PM   #1502
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Russia has a long history of not caring for their population, do not think they ever learn this is going on for centuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-23, 05:06 AM   #1503
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-23, 05:15 AM   #1504
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Russian defence ministry has been recruiting prisoners to fight in Ukraine, apparently taking over from the Wagner mercenary group which was the first to adopt the practice last year.

Such army units are commonly known as Storm-Z, the letter Z being one of the symbols of Vladimir Putin's so-called "special military operation" against Ukraine. It is also the first letter of the Russian word "zek", or "inmate".

The name Storm-Z is unofficial and can be applied to a range of Russian army units active in different parts of Ukraine.

Similarly to Wagner's prisoner units, Storm-Z detachments are reportedly often treated as an expendable force thrown into battle - with little consideration for the lives of their servicemen.

There are also indications that members of other army units can be sent to Storm-Z detachments as punishment for violations such as insubordination or drunkenness.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67175566

Old 10-26-23, 08:50 AM   #1505
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-26-23, 12:49 PM   #1506
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

No more military aid for Ukraine – EU state’s new PM

Slovakia’s Robert Fico has also vowed not to support any anti-Russia sanctions without analyzing their impact. Slovakia’s new prime minster, Robert Fico, has pledged to end military support for Ukraine in its conflict with Russia, and to push for an immediate cessation of hostilities. He also vowed not to back further sanctions on Moscow if they end up harming his country.

https://www.rt.com/news/585857-slovakia-no-ukraine-aid/

Ukrainian MP reveals major losses of soldiers

National military reserves are currently insufficient for a protracted conflict with Russia, a lawmaker involved with draft issues has admitted. Ukraine will likely ramp up its mobilization efforts to replace combat casualties during the summer counteroffensive and potentially create “new brigades”, a Ukrainian MP involved with military affairs has predicted. Currently, military reserves are insufficient to offer frontline troops sufficient rest time, he said.

https://www.rt.com/russia/585863-ukr...n-problems-mp/

Ukrainian conscription officer reveals huge casualty rate

Only 10-20% of those drafted in Poltava Region last fall are still fighting against Russia, Vitaly Berezhny was quoted as saying. Up to nine out of ten Ukrainian army draftees who joined in the last year have been either killed or wounded in action, a senior conscription officer in the country's Poltava Region said on Friday, according to local media.

https://www.rt.com/russia/583053-ukr...imated-losses/

Russian ‘battle beavers’ take out three German-made Leopards in two days

Kamikaze drones are hunting for the armor on the frontline. A Russian military force specializing in using first-person view (FPV) kamikaze drones to hunt down Ukrainian armored vehicles claims to have successfully engaged three German-made Leopard battle tanks in just two days.

https://www.rt.com/russia/585832-fpv...ttack-leopard/

Russia promises response to US nuclear deployment in Europe

Moscow must counter the ‘threat’ from NATO amid a ‘proxy war’ being waged by Washington, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said. Russia must to react to the threat posed by US nuclear weapons deployed in Europe, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Thursday, while accusing the West of openly waging a “real war” against Moscow.

https://www.rt.com/russia/585839-lav...ecurity-forum/

EU failing to meet Ukraine ammo pledges

The bloc has delivered only around 30% of the shells that it promised to send to Kiev by next March, the report says. The EU is struggling to make good on its promise to supply Ukraine with one million artillery shells by next spring, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing sources.

https://www.rt.com/news/585827-eu-st...plans-ukraine/

Russian nuclear forces conduct major test

The exercises included ballistic and cruise missile launches by all parts of the military 'triad', the Kremlin has said. Russia has conducted a major exercise aimed at testing its strategic nuclear forces, the Kremlin confirmed on Wednesday. The drills involved all three components of the nuclear triad: intercontinental ballistic missiles, nuclear-armed submarines, and strategic bombers, the statement said.

https://www.rt.com/russia/585793-rus...-test-missile/
Old 10-26-23, 12:53 PM   #1507
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-26-23, 01:03 PM   #1508
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Old 10-26-23, 01:14 PM   #1509
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Hindustan Times again

Old 10-26-23, 01:23 PM   #1510
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Yours again !
Old 10-26-23, 01:36 PM   #1511
Dargo
Admiral

Russian Telegram channel reports on Ukrainian use of ATACMS missiles:

"Yesterday, the Russian Defense Ministry reported the shooting down of two ATACMS.

The source of VChK-OGPU described the reality ironically as follows: 'It is exactly like this. Two ATACMS missiles were destroyed as a result of a direct hit on the position of the Russian Armed Forces air defense group in Luhansk region and at the cost of 3 S-400 systems deployed there'." https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...93702812582221

Quote:
Old 10-26-23, 02:31 PM   #1512
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Regardless of the propaganda put out by RT and HT, I have come to believe that Ukraine's successes in the Robotyne fighting have been overestimated in the West. Kiev has not managed to make strategic capital out of what happened at Robotyne or to make any further gains that would be significant in terms of Kiev's stated war aims. How could it be otherwise. Ukraine is increasingly struggling with depleting human resources that cannot be compensated for, and in addition, the quantitatively massive shortage supply from the West does not appear in any way sufficient to comprehensively protect Ukraine's critical infrastructure against air attacks or to conduct further offensive operations on the ground of strategic-operational importance. A possible failure of power supply in Wnter would also mean the collapse of defense production in the country.

Or, in short, Ukraine's offensive has petered out, Russia has survived it for this time. For two or three weeks I was blinded by the news from Robotyne - my mistake. My current assessment follows the pessimistic view I took before Robotyne.The big difference is simple: Russia can afford its high losses. Ukraine cannot. And Russia, in my estimation, is far from collapsing economically. Claims to the contrary are, in my view, Western wishful thinking.
Old 10-26-23, 03:18 PM   #1513
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus

Old 10-26-23, 03:51 PM   #1514
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Regardless of the propaganda put out by RT and HT, I have come to believe that Ukraine's successes in the Robotyne fighting have been overestimated in the West. Kiev has not managed to make strategic capital out of what happened at Robotyne or to make any further gains that would be significant in terms of Kiev's stated war aims. How could it be otherwise. Ukraine is increasingly struggling with depleting human resources that cannot be compensated for, and in addition, the quantitatively massive shortage supply from the West does not appear in any way sufficient to comprehensively protect Ukraine's critical infrastructure against air attacks or to conduct further offensive operations on the ground of strategic-operational importance. A possible failure of power supply in Wnter would also mean the collapse of defense production in the country.

Or, in short, Ukraine's offensive has petered out, Russia has survived it for this time. For two or three weeks I was blinded by the news from Robotyne - my mistake. My current assessment follows the pessimistic view I took before Robotyne.The big difference is simple: Russia can afford its high losses. Ukraine cannot. And Russia, in my estimation, is far from collapsing economically. Claims to the contrary are, in my view, Western wishful thinking.
Russia lost more since the last week's numbers they can not resupply or produce the fighting is not over maybe paused because of the weather every day Russia will and are losing large numbers of equipment. Even foreign supplies will not help Russia, what they fired in the past will not come back, Russia does not have the barrels for it. Russia spends now more than a third on this war with failing exports that money runs out at a time their economy is in decline. Ukraine has more allies Russia is mostly on its own China will not really help it and for Iran North Korea those are not the big players. If I have to bet I still place my bet on Ukraine.

Quote:
Old 10-26-23, 04:02 PM   #1515
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^
Wonder if it has to do with the fact that Russia has only put aside a part of it's military equipment to this war-Which should be a quick 3 days operation.

What will happen if Russia declare Ukraine war instead and thereby open up for the entire air force and hundred of thousands soldiers(reserves)

Now you may say. This is not going to happen.

Are you 110 % sure ?

Markus