SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-13, 08:42 AM   #706
Lastman
Torpedoman

Downloads: 250
Uploads: 0
Default question

Is there a way for have this type of wheel??? ( RAOFB Whell )....the pic is taken from a youtube's video...

Old 11-10-13, 11:43 AM   #707
Shado
Seaman

Downloads: 1203
Default Help with the Gyro angle setting

Hello Makman94,
First I want to say I love your mode. Next to GWX it is my favorite.
I one question. On your notes on the perfect shot, you show how to get the Gyro angle (G). lb-90 or 90 - lb. In your example it comes up with 15, I understand that, and you set the Gyro angle to 15. I get that too. My question is. In pic 11 it shows G going to the left. Do I subtract the angle from 360 and then set it to that. Ex G=15 Gyro angle 345? or do I put it in as 15?
I am a little confused when the Gyro angle is on the left side of the sub course and not the right. I hope I explained this correctly, if you have any questions please ask

Thank you

Shado
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (5.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 11-10-13, 01:37 PM   #708
badwolf
XO

Downloads: 59

The angle of the bow is measured as if you are stood on the ship taking the measurement.

<-------direction of ship-------------------X---(ship)
.................................................. ......AOB looking from the ship is about
.................................................. ......80 deg and you are on it's left side

.................................................. ...(sub)

The angle is from the ship course to your position, about 80 deg in this case.
Then you have the lead angle to add for the solution. Ideally you should be traveling that course so you get a straight shot.
So you will probably have a resolution of about 90 deg with the 10 deg lead angle which is were the ship will be on impact marked with X

Last edited by badwolf; 11-10-13 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-23-13, 06:54 AM   #709
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shado View Post
Hello Makman94,
First I want to say I love your mode. Next to GWX it is my favorite.
I one question. On your notes on the perfect shot, you show how to get the Gyro angle (G). lb-90 or 90 - lb. In your example it comes up with 15, I understand that, and you set the Gyro angle to 15. I get that too. My question is. In pic 11 it shows G going to the left. Do I subtract the angle from 360 and then set it to that. Ex G=15 Gyro angle 345? or do I put it in as 15?
I am a little confused when the Gyro angle is on the left side of the sub course and not the right. I hope I explained this correctly, if you have any questions please ask

Thank you

Shado
hello Shado,

all angles in TDC are counting clockwise which means that ,when you have to enter an angle that is calculated on paper counter-clockwise, must be subtracted from 360.
for example,at the situation of the pic that you posted, first do a fast drawing on paper with all the angles marked . lets say that on paper you have ,at this pic, G=15 and x=20. as the angle G is counted 15 degrees counter-clockwise (left side of our bow) must be entered ingame as 360-15=345 degrees. then go back to paper and get the shooting bearing= x-G=20-15=5 degrees clockwise (right side of our bow) which means that ingame your shooting bearing will be at 5 degrees

one more example , at the situation of pic 12 , lets say that you have on paper G=30 and x=20. as the G=30 is counted counter-clockwise we will enter ingame G=360-30=330 degrees . going back to paper to get the shooting bearing= G-x=30-20=10 degrees counter-clockwise (left side of our bow) which means that ingame the shooting bearing must subtracted from 360 so it will be shooting bearing=360-10=350 degrees

ps: always make your fast drawing of the attack situation , will help you to have a 'vision' of the planed attack

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 11-23-13, 07:04 AM   #710
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
Where can i find the speed conversation tables?
hi SniperHunter,
placing cursor on right side of map will make these papers slide out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastman View Post
Is there a way for have this type of wheel??? ( RAOFB Whell )....the pic is taken from a youtube's video...
hi Lastman ,

isn't it allready in ?

Old 02-08-14, 10:00 PM   #711
Johnfb
Commodore

Downloads: 292
Uploads: 64

Hi

I love this gui....but as usual I have a question,

My first patrol on new career starts off with buttons showing flags and ships at the top right hand corner of the obs scope.
I dock and begin next patrol and the buttons are there but the words flags and ships are missing.

Any idea why this happens??

John
Old 02-10-14, 01:34 PM   #712
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfb View Post
Hi

I love this gui....but as usual I have a question,

My first patrol on new career starts off with buttons showing flags and ships at the top right hand corner of the obs scope.
I dock and begin next patrol and the buttons are there but the words flags and ships are missing.

Any idea why this happens??

John
hello John ,

it seems that you activate something that is overwritting MaGui's en_menu

open your en_menu and search for the lines:
2224=Flags
2225=Ships
if you don't see these lines there is your problem.if you see these lines then disable any mod that is overwritting MaGui files .
if the problem insist then you must reinstall your whole setup as it seems that something is corrupted in your setup

bye

Old 02-10-14, 02:13 PM   #713
Johnfb
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello John ,

it seems that you activate something that is overwritting MaGui's en_menu

open your en_menu and search for the lines:
2224=Flags
2225=Ships
if you don't see these lines there is your problem.if you see these lines then disable any mod that is overwritting MaGui files .
if the problem insist then you must reinstall your whole setup as it seems that something is corrupted in your setup

bye

Thanks for the reply makman.

Really love this Gui....seriously, a great job and makes my old game into a new one...so I get a free game..cool

So anyway, I checked my en file and see that those two lines are missing.

I ran the gui and it was fine, the signs were there where they should be...docked (didnt make any changes to the gui by adding mods or changes) started next patrol and the signs are missing. The only thing I did was to adjust my delta renown to upgrade.

Can I just input these two lines to solve this issue?

Thanks

John
Old 02-21-14, 10:31 PM   #714
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 2
Default Troubleshooting...

First and foremost... I think this mod is fantastic and add so much to the game! A big thank you for your work of passion, to makman94 and all the modders behind this jewel

I have been able to download the MaGui Final Version but... I'm experiencing a problem: In game, sveral elements of the GUI are missing.

Just before the "Not so long ago..." message some Message Boxes with warnings inform me that something went wrong (maybe during the activation of the mod in JSGME?)

This my current situation:
Quote:
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Flags_enlighten
TMTv2+ThomsensShips v4.4 for GWX3+Xtra ships
TheDarkWraith_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_4_SH3
The MaGui mod (Final Version)
TorpedoSolutionButton for MaGui F (NYGM-GWX-WAC)
And these are the warnings:
Quote:
Menu ID not found: 0x3f010022!
Menu ID not found: 0x3f010026!
Menu ID not found: 0x3f010025!
I'm totally green, so I haven't the slightest idea of wat to do to solve this issue...
Old 02-21-14, 11:40 PM   #715
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

Sounds like something isn't right with the Menu_1024_768.ini file or any of the other files I checked. Quick question did you tell JSGME to overwrite the files it said it may conflict with?
Old 02-22-14, 03:56 AM   #716
Johnfb
Commodore

Open hatch always causes a problem in my MaGui so I never use it.
Get rid of all you mods ,run MaGui and add them back one by one to find out which one is clashing, it is a mod clash causing the issue more than likely.
Old 02-22-14, 09:00 AM   #717
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Default I'm a fool...

@desertstriker:
@Jhonfb:

The problem was between the keyboard and the chair!

In the hurry and excitement to try this mod I didn't take and copied the single folders in the MODS folder... I copied the whole mod distribution folder itself!
Except for the zipped optional folders, which I had to decompress first (so I was forced to take them one by one and do the right thing).

Btw, both GWX Open Hatch and MaGui F want to edit "camera.dat", so I disabled the former.

Guys, thank you sooo much for the help, and once more: this new GUI is sooo cool, nice to look at, and a pleasure to be used!!!
The authors have done an outstanding job!!!

Ok, time to dive and start the hunt!
Old 02-22-14, 09:08 AM   #718
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Saw u made a widescreen version for ccom. Can you pls do a 4:3 version for ccom? Would be rlly nice
Old 02-23-14, 11:59 AM   #719
banryu79
Samurai Navy

Default Tutorials...

Well, seems I need a tutorial for unterstand how to read and use the wheel-like tools shipped with this mod.
I'd like to do manual targetting, and theese wheels look useful (and gorgeous), but I don't know how to use them.

Someone here can point me a link or a thread to clear my mind about it?
Thank you very much!
Old 02-23-14, 12:27 PM   #720
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

All the tutorials you are looking for are included with hsGUI v3.3, available here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1648

Look in the documentation folder for a rich trove of support documents. These can be all found and downloaded with other mods, but this is the one source I know for all of them in one download.

And, yes, I find that the tools here make manual targeting much easier.
Closed Thread