SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-13, 06:53 AM   #601
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet View Post
Manos where would I find your patch as it relates to H.Sie's game fixes?

Thanks
hi Kevin,

there is no such a 'patch' .
H.sie gave instructions at its readme texts on how to properly install his fixes on your setup.
so ,firstly setup MaGui (following my installation notes) and then install H.Sie's fixes (following his installation notes)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 04-14-13, 09:51 AM   #602
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hi Kevin,

there is no such a 'patch' .
H.sie gave instructions at its readme texts on how to properly install his fixes on your setup.
so ,firstly setup MaGui (following my installation notes) and then install H.Sie's fixes (following his installation notes)
What I have seen in mod lists is what you are saying above, personal customizations, that sort of thing. I'll take a closer look at H.Sie's instructions.

Thanks.

Back in the Day

Old 04-14-13, 03:25 PM   #603
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet View Post
What I have seen in mod lists is what you are saying above, personal customizations, that sort of thing. I'll take a closer look at H.Sie's instructions.

Thanks.
H.sie wrote very clearly the steps that you must follow so i think that you will have no problem make it work.
in case that you don't succeed , pm me and i will send you the necessery file.
if i remember correctly it is only the en_menu file that needs some care (not sure though,have to look at it)

Old 04-14-13, 03:41 PM   #604
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Thanks Manos : )

Back in the Day

Old 04-15-13, 06:04 PM   #605
jonmar
Bosun

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Great UI Makman. A couple of questions though:

I'm using MaGUI 3.4 with the widescreen addon and I have the german images installed but all the labels like "gyroangle" "speed" "depth" etc for all the TDC dials are still in english. The compasses are in German though. Is this supposed to be like this?

Also the graphics for the compass in the main sub controls are misaligned. Is there a fix for this anywhere?

Did you fix any of the bugs from 3.4 in the widescreen version? I'm trying to figure out if the widescreen version has bugs that were fixed in the final version.

Edit: Is there a CT_FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGUI3.4 widescreen or can I just use the normal version?

Thanks!

Edit 2: I uninstalled the German images in JSGME and the compass graphics are now aligned so it's an issue with the German images I guess.

Last edited by jonmar; 04-15-13 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-16-13, 07:14 AM   #606
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmar View Post
Great UI Makman. A couple of questions though:

I'm using MaGUI 3.4 with the widescreen addon and I have the german images installed but all the labels like "gyroangle" "speed" "depth" etc for all the TDC dials are still in english. The compasses are in German though. Is this supposed to be like this? -- you mean at the TDC page ? did you choose the german texts at the start options of the game ? if not , do so

Also the graphics for the compass in the main sub controls are misaligned. Is there a fix for this anywhere?

Did you fix any of the bugs from 3.4 in the widescreen version? I'm trying to figure out if the widescreen version has bugs that were fixed in the final version. -- can't remember right now but i don't think that ws MaGui had any bug to take care

Edit: Is there a CT_FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGUI3.4 widescreen or can I just use the normal version? -- you can safely use the ''FM NI Fix for WideScreen MaGui v3.4'' that is included in the WideScreen MaGui v3.4 's rar.
the ''CT_FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGUI3.4'' has nothing realy important and was made for a specific request by one member

Thanks!

Edit 2: I uninstalled the German images in JSGME and the compass graphics are now aligned so it's an issue with the German images I guess.
hello Jonmar,

yes , you are right about the graphics for the mini compass when using the german images at widescreen version. download the correct german image from here :

http://speedy.sh/qquj2/BigCourseTop.rar

replace the ''BigCourseTop.tga'' image in the german images and then enable the german images.

for the rest of your questions see above with the green letters

ps: for any other questions about the widescreen version ,please post them at widescreen version's thread and not herebye

Old 04-16-13, 09:51 AM   #607
jonmar
Bosun

Thanks for all the answers! Yeah I have English selected for texts in the game options as I don't actually speak German so I need the briefings and radio messages to be in English so I can understand them. For immersion reasons I keep the voices in German and would be cool if the TDC controls in the scopes and attack map were German too. Edit: I found the stuff I need to edit in en_menu to change it to how I like it. Is it okay with you if I edit it for personal use only?

Thanks again! I have another question about the FM_NI_Fix but I'll ask it in the widescreen thread.

Last edited by jonmar; 04-16-13 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-17-13, 03:11 PM   #608
makman94
Hellas

Quote:

Edit: I found the stuff I need to edit in en_menu to change it to how I like it. Is it okay with you if I edit it for personal use only?
thats ^^^ the best to do in your case.
you don't even have to ask for something like this

enjoy moding

Old 04-18-13, 12:14 AM   #609
Father Goose
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 59

This looks like an awesome mod. Unfortunately I do not see the "Final version" in your download page, only version 3.4.
How/where do I find the download?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-13, 04:32 AM   #610
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Goose View Post
This looks like an awesome mod. Unfortunately I do not see the "Final version" in your download page, only version 3.4.
How/where do I find the download?

Thanks!

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S...20Version).rar

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik
Old 04-18-13, 07:48 AM   #611
Consigliere
Watch

Downloads: 153

Hi, Makman first of all - big thanx for such a wonderfull GUI...
The only problem i have is that i've seen that first versions (OLC' based) were wooden and the final (and according to screenshoots even 3.4) is not... So i decided to make it myself for personal use, but i can't find a link to download one of the first wooden versions... So the question is do you still have those "wooden parts" and, if so, can you upload them (or even a "wood" texture matereal you've used) somewhere (preferably not gamefront, as i can't download from it anyway)? Thanx in advance...
Old 04-21-13, 01:43 PM   #612
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere View Post
Hi, Makman first of all - big thanx for such a wonderfull GUI...
The only problem i have is that i've seen that first versions (OLC' based) were wooden and the final (and according to screenshoots even 3.4) is not... So i decided to make it myself for personal use, but i can't find a link to download one of the first wooden versions... So the question is do you still have those "wooden parts" and, if so, can you upload them (or even a "wood" texture matereal you've used) somewhere (preferably not gamefront, as i can't download from it anyway)? Thanx in advance...
hi Consigliere ,

i haven't anything of the first versions in my hd but i looked at some backup files and found some images and textures that may help you .
a pm sent to you

Old 04-21-13, 01:51 PM   #613
jonmar
Bosun

Hey. Is there some special reason why you recommend no weapon officer assistance to be set to off? If I set it to on will I lose important UI functionality (I mean other than the normal weapon officer functionality)?

Thanks.
Old 04-21-13, 01:58 PM   #614
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Hey. Is there some special reason why you recommend no weapon officer assistance to be set to off? If I set it to on will I lose important UI functionality (I mean other than the normal weapon officer functionality)?

Thanks.
Hi,

no ,you can simply set it to on if you like (all that will be lost is WO's abillity to identify the target)

Old 04-21-13, 02:04 PM   #615
jonmar
Bosun

Thanks!
Closed Thread