Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-15, 05:17 PM   #11
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

I didnt even notice 4.7 was released yesterday

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/un...ne-47-released

I'm downloading the source right now and then I'm going to make a video "Switching from Unity to UE4 Vol 1" for both my channel and yourself.

With everything they added in this version I can't think of one thing its missing from Unity, they just use different names.

Not so useful to me right now but what I think is really cool is they have DLC support right from the get go:
Quote:
Downloadable content (DLC) can now be packaged up for distribution!
Currently this feature is in beta testing and requires a command-line tool. Create your add-on DLC inside a game plugin Content folder, and use the new packaging tool to “cook” and optimize your content for your platform of choice.
This feature makes use of the game’s asset registry to know what content is already supplied in the shipped game, and will cook anything needed from the game’s content into the DLC.
To use this feature, run the cook utility for your main game with “-CreateReleaseVersion=x.y”, then again for each DLC plugin with “-BasedOnReleaseVersion=x.y -DLCName=MyPluginName”.
I'm so reinvigorated. You could get all the features in UE4 in Unreal through the Asset Store but youd be spending thousands of dollars.

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-25-15 at 05:28 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote