SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-07, 08:05 AM   #721
nikits72
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Go ahead.
Patch it!
Old 05-19-07, 08:15 AM   #722
JohnMalcolm1970
Nub

Downloads: 56

Do it... please
Old 05-19-07, 08:23 AM   #723
Renard
Nub

Bug alert, small detail.

Just something small, however; for a new (3 years) subsim guy it is realy anoying.... a: can not move around top of Conning tower on all subs this is a pain when trying to desigante targets manualy ie: Deck / Flak gunners and b: Signal lights from several ships are visable for long distances even when fog / enviro effects are on when in heavy weather or the typical London fog. This also comes into effect as a sprite box (?) when seen from con tower through binoculars looking at a mainstay or even radar mount texture and shines right through it clearly... just a thought. c: Anyone else getting green screens rarely when switching through stations? I have found that Alt Tab corrects this so may have something to do with direct dll?
Old 05-19-07, 08:23 AM   #724
VT-51_Razor
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Finish what you started UBI, the Silent Hunter Series has had a great reputation. It should be completed properly.

RDP
I couldn't agree more. Please finish it. You're better than this UbiSoft.
Old 05-19-07, 08:24 AM   #725
jimmie
Lieutenant

add my small vote!
Old 05-19-07, 08:25 AM   #726
glimrman
Bilge Rat

Quote from Neal.....It's coming up on two months since Silent Hunter 4 was released...Two patches have brought the game up to where it is stable and most of the basic features are functional, but there are still several key aspects that need attention...but has yet to reach the point where we consider it complete. The future of the Silent Hunter franchise depends on maintaining a reputation for quality.

imho........It's time for game producers to step up to the plate and stop releasing half-finished games to loyal customers! (who do they think they are...Microsoft!?) Anything less is not acceptable
and in most other arenas such behavior would be considered fraud and/or criminal.
Old 05-19-07, 08:27 AM   #727
vindex
Planesman

Downloads: 17

If Ubisoft does not release a 1.3 patch to SH4, I propose that the Subsim community take up a collection to place a full-page ad in leading game magazines decrying their failure to do so, and the incomplete and unacceptable state of the game. I will be the first to contribute, and it will be more than $50.

A few gripes on the Web are not enough. Talk of lawsuits is fanciful -- you'd never win. But I presume that Ubi does care about immolating its brand reputation with both devs and consumers at large. Abandoning a product has consequences, and unless we drive those consequences home, we will just be suckers.

I have been keeping the faith so far. I am not one of those people who says SH4 is crap, because it is 90% good but with serious flaws that any company should be deeply concerned about and make an effort to fix. I continue to have faith that Ubisoft will not commit a serious mistake and will fulfill its good faith bargain with its customers.

I'm not wedded to the particular idea I propose; I think we should brainstorm about what is the most effective (and cost-effective) form of consumer protest that would have a serious impact on Ubisoft's bottom line. Unless we do so, we will be treated like chumps ... because we will be chumps.

Having stated stick, now let me add the carrot: If Ubi does complete this game, not to perfection but at least to a reasonable degree of correct functionality, it will earn my gratitude and admiration as a customer. The Ubisoft label and the "Silent Hunter" brand will continue to be a plus in my book.
Old 05-19-07, 08:28 AM   #728
JREX53
Frogman

Downloads: 353
Uploads: 13

I vote for a New Patch.
Old 05-19-07, 08:29 AM   #729
impearse
Watch

Downloads: 13
Default Yes, finish it off

I have spent a long time playing and enjoying SH3, in solo mode and online with others. The combination of patches from the Dev team and the modders input have made it a superb game. SH4 was eagerly awaited, and something of a let-down. Yes, there is a hell of a lot of potential in it, but the basics need to be finished off first. The same combination of dev fixes and modders input could make this a fantastic game. Please, folks, keep up the good work.
Old 05-19-07, 08:30 AM   #730
flecha
Bilge Rat

To Ubisoft; please don´t leave this game unfinished. I´ve been really looking forward to buy it but after reading the issues still standing I´m holding back.

Cheers, Javier Socorro 'flecha'
Old 05-19-07, 08:32 AM   #731
gmkrupka
Bilge Rat

Default Another vote for SH4 needed patch v1.3

Hello Neil,
I also feel that Ubisoft should not be allowed to get away with not fulfilling there duty in delivering a quality SubSim. Please add my vote and let's put the pressure on them!
Old 05-19-07, 08:32 AM   #732
HedgeHogSim
Bilge Rat

Default Where are the fixes?

I too have been holding off on purchasing this sim until it is fixed. SHIII received the attention it needed and was a great sim. In fact, it turned a non-sim action junkie into a hardcore sim fan. This game looks better, and has potential to be better, but it needs fixed. Please, don't give up on your next masterpiece. I will be monitoring to see what happens next and hoping for the support that this sim deserves.

I can tell you that I am highly concerned about Ubisoft as the parent company at this point, they are getting the personality of the bigger companies like EA, who pay very little attention to their customers and rarely patch their games appropriately. This is the 4th release by this company in recent months that has been rushed to the shelves with so many bugs that it hindered what would have otherwise been a masterpieces.
Old 05-19-07, 08:33 AM   #733
ftc
Swabbie

Neal is right. Another patch is needed for Silent Hunt IV. I feel ripped off! This game could be a lot of fun in stead of frustration
Old 05-19-07, 08:35 AM   #734
DarkFolle
A-ganger

Downloads: 62

hey Ubi..come on, make this patch, or i'm gonna buy no more ur titles..(do u know about bit torrent don't ya?)

u truly demonstrate why ppl download pirated copies: "today is really useless buy a game, cause houses don't make support!"..do ur job guys..
Old 05-19-07, 08:36 AM   #735
vindex
Planesman

Downloads: 17

I would only add that Ubi has great support among the modder community here. If Ubi does the basic work in making the code functional -- something that modders CANNOT do -- the modders will do incredible things to bring the game to a state of true excellence. But the game engine has to work properly for them to do so. Ubi is getting free labor and creativity here -- it just has to do its part.
Closed Thread