SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-29-10, 10:09 PM   #1
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Projekt 670 SKAT/ Charlie I SSGN

First shots of the Charlie I after texturing.This will be both a standalone Mod for SHIV / German campaign and part of the CWSS Mod.A download will soon be available.
Old 12-30-10, 05:40 AM   #2
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

first rate job !

there is something floating above the stern of the ship in all pictures : on fourth of the boat from the stern two heights of sail up : maybe some object from either the .dat or the model works ?

too bad with such quality ships that we can't have more modern equipments... I know there is a thing somewhere saying "type201=missile submarine" so they must've thought of going on to the cold war from sh4 at some point

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 07:28 AM   #3
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Downloads: 194
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
First shots of the Charlie I after texturing.This will be both a standalone Mod for SHIV / German campaign and part of the CWSS Mod.A download will soon be available.
The friend! Excellent work! There are same drawings, as on this project.
Project-665 Whiskey Long Bin
Project-1650 Lada (New Submarine of Russia)
Project-885 Graney
Project-955 Borei
Project-941 Typhoon
Old 12-30-10, 09:55 AM   #4
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yap, the floating objects are the Conning bridge instruments. havent placed them yet, just as the sounds, splash etc. youre right, there even is a weapontype "missile" within the menu.txt.nice joke! honestly, writing in here about my personal opinion of UBI would kick me out of the forum at WARP 9, so i better stay polite. But my guess is, they had better made a modern sub sim instead of Silent-doesntworkproperlyisboringandwealreadyhaditsay500t imesbeforeandbetter-Hunter V.reading the german forums, when people speculated about the fifth part of the series, all thought ,it was finally Cold War and not another US/German-WWII epic.for what its worth, at least there is some freespace for modding the game comparably simply.
Old 12-30-10, 10:00 AM   #5
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

well then Hotmanandre, you know my email-address!
Old 01-06-11, 07:56 PM   #6
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Download v1.0

This is the first release of the Charlie I/ II MOD for SHIV 1.5.

link: http://www.filefront.com/17759651/Charlie_I_II.rar
Old 01-07-11, 04:04 PM   #7
Yamato_NF
King of the Ocean

Downloads: 621

nice mod jhapprich
one question: i feel bugged by the lack of reserves in the Vertical launchers, how can i mod it to have reserves?
(PS: id like to use Silent 3ditor)

other than that, awsome mod!

"He who controls the seas controls the world."
Yamato_NF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 04:43 PM   #8
Arael
Planesman

Downloads: 94

What are the nail-like things in tubes 3 and 4 and the odd missile-looking things in tubes 5 and 6?
Arael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 03:26 AM   #9
keltos01
Silent Hunter

I'll give her a spin !

keltos

Old 01-08-11, 04:25 AM   #10
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

to yamato: open the nss670/nss670m.sim and go to submarine_torpedosubsystem->rooms->storage->aft and add the desired ammount of stored weapons.the type shown in s3d is unimportant.then open the NSS670/NSS670m.upc and go to compartment 4 "missile control room".there, add the ammount of missiles in section "bunker 1" e.g capacity=12
userplayerunitintervaloption= NULL, NULL, T7Torpedo, 12

The nail-like things are Shkval rocket torpedos, the missile loking things are SSN-15, the counterpart to the American SUBROC.ps the Shkval will be replaced by anti-ship nuclear torpedos as soon as i found out about the correct type and designation deployed on the Charlie-class.

Hey keltos, got a problem with this: in campaign mode, only two of three available missile types show up in the depot`s list, and there arent any torpedos i can choose from too. the subs use the following new tubes and torpedos in the german upc files(weapons/euip/amun): 1. cruise missile launcher, wptorpedotube, weapons: T4torpedo, T7Torpedo, Mk27Torpedo

2.Standard soviet 533mm torpedotube, wptorpedotube, weapons: all german torps and the Mk16US/Mk23US. i edited name, info, notes and the dats, zones, and sims of the german torpedo files( /Library/ ) but left the original id`s and designations e.d Shkval is still ID=Mk23Torpedo both in the amun.upcge and the dat/sim. any idea? maybe becaus e i use a mix of us and german torps ( although they are enlisted correctly)?
Old 01-08-11, 05:34 AM   #11
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
to yamato: open the nss670/nss670m.sim and go to submarine_torpedosubsystem->rooms->storage->aft and add the desired ammount of stored weapons.the type shown in s3d is unimportant.then open the NSS670/NSS670m.upc and go to compartment 4 "missile control room".there, add the ammount of missiles in section "bunker 1" e.g capacity=12
userplayerunitintervaloption= NULL, NULL, T7Torpedo, 12

The nail-like things are Shkval rocket torpedos, the missile loking things are SSN-15, the counterpart to the American SUBROC.ps the Shkval will be replaced by anti-ship nuclear torpedos as soon as i found out about the correct type and designation deployed on the Charlie-class.

Hey keltos, got a problem with this: in campaign mode, only two of three available missile types show up in the depot`s list, and there arent any torpedos i can choose from too. the subs use the following new tubes and torpedos in the german upc files(weapons/euip/amun): 1. cruise missile launcher, wptorpedotube, weapons: T4torpedo, T7Torpedo, Mk27Torpedo

2.Standard soviet 533mm torpedotube, wptorpedotube, weapons: all german torps and the Mk16US/Mk23US. i edited name, info, notes and the dats, zones, and sims of the german torpedo files( /Library/ ) but left the original id`s and designations e.d Shkval is still ID=Mk23Torpedo both in the amun.upcge and the dat/sim. any idea? maybe becaus e i use a mix of us and german torps ( although they are enlisted correctly)?
I'll give it a look but Peabody's the go to guy for those upc files

keltos

Old 01-08-11, 06:54 AM   #12
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

the problem only occurs with the standalone mod, but not with cwss.i`ll take a closer look at that files.the solution must be in there.
Old 01-08-11, 08:13 AM   #13
keltos01
Silent Hunter

periscope view of my missiles

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I fired the missile, the one in the stern tubes, at a merchant : torpedo impact near the bow when the missile crossed the stern...

the missile fire animation is waaaaay tooo fast :
it should comeout slow slow out of the tube then the water, then accelerate and go fast imho

also :

second attack on small merchant, I fired an ? asroc torp, then immediately after (I was surfaced) I got hit hard by something...

I eventually sank

Last edited by keltos01; 01-08-11 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-08-11, 08:16 AM   #14
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post

also :

second attack on small merchant, I fired an ? asroc torp, then immediately after (I was surfaced) I got hit hard by something...

I eventually sank
Maybe the blast radius, was the merchant close by?
Marka Ragnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 08:39 AM   #15
keltos01
Silent Hunter

test 2

I think it was a circle runner missile that hit me...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

not too smart surfacing on my part this time ....

no damage shows on the damage screen though my fore tubes are so damaged I can't fire anymore ???

ctd on exit...

but a nice mod ! love the sub model

they didn't have sea to air missiles by any chance ? to swat those annoying mosquitoes !

Last edited by keltos01; 01-08-11 at 08:59 AM.