SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-14, 09:56 PM   #11191
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I will look in the user options .
Map draggable size is awesome .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 10:05 PM   #11192
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

There is an option to hide the officers and the officers categories but not the sub catagories afaik . I just looked at the option editor and couldn't see an option for the sub catagories .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 10:25 PM   #11193
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
There is an option to hide the officers and the officers categories but not the sub catagories afaik . I just looked at the option editor and couldn't see an option for the sub catagories .
No problem, I'll add it
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 11:00 PM   #11194
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Was lying in bed reading Programming Windows Fifth Edition when something hit me: I should be able to remove the chart limit (currently max 50 charts) AND dynamically load/unload the chart textures to save memory Funny how my mind works when I go back and revisit old code/ideas. I'll look into this tomorrow
Old 04-02-14, 12:49 AM   #11195
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I will look in the user options .
Map draggable size is awesome .

u can resize ? from user option ?
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 12:54 AM   #11196
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Yes there is. Though I hate 'hard-coding' things so I made this definable in the user chart file

from a new version of a userchart file:

; User Charts
; Category= the category where the chart will fall under (can be anything!) - if left blank will default to Default category
; Name= specifies the name to be shown in the charts listbox
; Filename= name of the DDS file of the chart (including .dds extension!) - user charts can ONLY be DDS files!
; Size= if you specify -1 then the DLL will get the size needed (width and/or height) from the image itself else you can specify custom size for the chart (image)
; Position= specifies the position on screen relative to upper left corner of game screen
; Draggable= valid values are 1 (yes) or 0 (no). If a 1 then you will be able to drag the chart anywhere on screen
; ToolTip= the tooltip displayed when the mouse is placed over the visible chart (image)
; Sizeable= valid values are 1 (yes) or 0 (no). If a 1 then you will be able to resize the chart by scrolling the mousewheel
; max number of charts that can be defined is 20. Anything after 20 will be ignored!
; [ENDCHART] must be the last line in the file!

[Chart]
Category=Speed conversions
Name=Knots in meters per minute
Filename=TabelleMin_English.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=40,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=conversion chart for knots in meters per minute
Sizeable=1

[Chart]
Category=Speed conversions
Name=Knots in kilometers per hour
Filename=TabelleStd_English.dds
Size=-1,-1
Position=60,20
Draggable=1
ToolTip=conversion chart for knots in kilometers per hour
Sizeable=1

[ENDCHART]

Notice the new entry: Sizeable=

If set to 1 then the chart is sizeable my moving the mouse into it and using the mousewheel to either increase it's size or decrease it's size

Note: if you resize the chart using the mousewheel it's size WILL NOT be saved when you exit the game or return to the main menu.

This will be available in test version 17 of v7.5.0
awesome TDW thx
Old 04-02-14, 03:31 AM   #11197
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

@ TDW

heya TDW i about the sextant is any posibilty too look up ? or zoom out cos i can't see the polaris from sextant need to look up....

"The angle of elevation of the North Star is equal to your latitude"

if u finde you latitude then is very easy to finde your longitude... convert the UTC time.
Convert it to degrees by using the fact that 24h = 360°, 12h = 180°, 6h = 90°, 1h = 15°, 4m = 1° and 1m = 15’. In this example: 10h = 150°, 12m = 3°, 30s = 7.5’ (8’)

more details are http://www.markmason.net/nav/excerpts.htm

Last edited by Sjizzle; 04-02-14 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-02-14, 10:17 AM   #11198
10tacle
Watch

Downloads: 97

Quote:
You should be able to change the mast height manually using the mousewheel. If you can't there is a problem somewhere. I verified I was able to change the mast height using the mousewheel (though I noticed a problem with the mast height patch - it overrides whatever you set the mast height to with the mousewheel - I'll have to fix that patch)
Thank you, DarkWraith. I'll try with the static mast height meters and will also try other means to measure the distance.

Your mod is awesome.

Best,
10tacle
10tacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 02:24 PM   #11199
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tacle View Post
Thank you, DarkWraith. I'll try with the static mast height meters and will also try other means to measure the distance.
My mast height patch of the Generic Patcher will automatically enter the correct mast height of your locked on contact as per the data contained in the unit's .cfg file. There's really no need to be trying to change the mast height unless the contact is not locked.
Old 04-02-14, 04:37 PM   #11200
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Would someone please let me have the download link to the new TDW Option File Editor Viewer V_1_0_32_0

Thank you
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 04:46 PM   #11201
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Would someone please let me have the download link to the new TDW Option File Editor Viewer V_1_0_32_0
Taken from near the bottom of post #1 for this thread. Where all download links related to Multiple UIs are.

Quote:
Updated OptionsFileEditorViewer app (v1.0.32.0): http://www.mediafire.com/?50a7d3ln2j5g2ej
This updated version has language packs and allows you to resize the window. It also has a new File command: File-->Reports-->Hot keys that creates a file in the applications path that lists all the hotkeys used by the mod and their status. This version also adds the familiar enabled/disabled icons that the Generic Patcher uses for a Boolean options.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 04:59 PM   #11202
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Thanks Mikemike I new I had seen it somewhere.

Spent over an hour this afternoon trying to find it.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 10:09 PM   #11203
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v7.5.0 test version 16 patch 2 available here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?csophahoiiafdpb

Extract. Copy the folder to v7.5.0 test version 16's main folder letting it overwrite all files it needs to

NOTE: you need v7.5.0 test version 16 first! It's available here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ostcount=11139

v7.5.0 - fixed bug in TDWMouse.dll that could cause python exception to be thrown
- redid destroyed marks
- made the whole left side of the NavMap features window draggable so that those users whose screen resolution is small can still view the whole window by dragging it up/down
- added a new order to the engineer's orders: electrics only. When this is clicked and enabled then propulsion will be limited to electric propulsion only (requires patch from Generic Patcher enabled for this)
- removed old sextant. Added a new sextant to the game. The sextant is used by calling up the Sextant window from the Navigator's order bar. This requires the Stadimeter being used as sextant patch to be enabled in the Generic Patcher. To use the sextant: call up Sextant window, place the scope reference line on the horizon, press the Enable sextant button in the Sextant window, press the Stadimeter button (little button above the TDC range dial), place green reference line on object wanting angle of, read out angle in the sextant window
- added two additional add-on mods: NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_Eye_Reflection and NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_No_Eye_Reflectio n. These can be used to set a mask for the Sextant (by default the sextant has no mask - just open display)
- added a new user option that controls the starting and minimum width of the messagebox. Minimum width is 180.0. Default is 315.0 (stock size). (MessageBoxMinimumWidth)
- revised Automation so that it dynamically 'loads' the commands for the script when script is played. When script is stopped the commands are 'unloaded' to free memory. This dramatically reduces the memory used with all the scripts loaded in.
- when Disable sextant is clicked in the sextant window it will also disable the sextant window now
- fixed bug of being able to close sextant window while sextant was active (if this happened then there was no way to deactivate sextant!)
- fixed bug of button for using sextant disappearing after using the sextant
- added a new icon to the engineer order category: diveplanes
- added a new orders bar: diveplanes. This has the orders for controlling the diveplanes (if the manual diveplanes patch is enabled of my Generic Patcher)
- fixed problem of depth bar not rendering if the add-on mod NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights was enabled
- fixed bug of after using Sextant none of the order bars would be visible and camera zoom was 'zoomed'
- fixed bug of tutorials always showing corrupt in the main menu
- added a new parameter to the user chart files: Sizeable=. If this value is 1 then the chart is sizeable by using the mousewheel, dragging a corner, or dragging a side. NOTE: the chart's size will NOT be saved and will be restored to original size at game end or exit to main menu
- user charts now dynamically load/unload thus saving memory used

Before the user charts would load into memory and stay loaded in memory. Depending on the size of the image defined for the user chart this could be a considerable amount of memory just being 'wasted' when the chart is not being viewed. Now, with this patch, the image is loaded into memory only when the user chart is visible and deleted from memory (thus freeing memory used) when the user chart is not visible. This will have considerable memory savings in the game
Old 04-03-14, 07:15 AM   #11204
10tacle
Watch

Downloads: 97

Quote:
My mast height patch of the Generic Patcher will automatically enter the correct mast height of your locked on contact as per the data contained in the unit's .cfg file. There's really no need to be trying to change the mast height unless the contact is not locked.
Very good, I'll go from there and have a look inot the .cfg-file.

Best,
Christoph
10tacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 07:03 PM   #11205
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

Quote:
v7.5.0 test version 16 patch 2 available here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?csophahoiiafdpb
Thank you for the new patch TDW,that's great!
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui