SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-23, 06:24 AM   #751
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Yes People has the right to protest, they however does not have the right to prevent other people in doing their job or getting to the job.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-23, 10:24 AM   #752
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Precisely

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-23, 07:12 AM   #753
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Tory MPs issue plan for Rishi Sunak to slash migration

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66084962

Red Wall Tories have officially gone into panic mode, it's all too little and too late you bloody idiots, you Tories promised the nation you'd get a grip on Migration, instead you've increased it by tens of thousands month in month out.
Those Red Wall voters and all those other northern voters will not forget the constant attacks by the Tories upon their living standards either, all this levelling up bollocks which never materialised has had the opposite effect, none of them voted for this state of affairs and you as their MP are firmly in their sights.
The days are gone where voters would just blindly vote for their preferred party, well not anymore you muppets, those days won't be coming back anytime soon.
A political storm is on the way next year and you Red Wall Tories or any other Tories have done nothing to stop it, it's no use demanding Sunak does something about it now as it's too late in the day, Sunak is probably going down next year with "HMS Screw Up" and you and a lot more besides you might be going down with him.
Old 07-03-23, 07:36 AM   #754
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

‘Red wall’ Tories call for annual cap of 20,000 refugees admitted to UK

Old 07-04-23, 04:26 AM   #755
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Looks like Rishi has once again been found to be out of his depth.

Quote:
Sir Lindsay Hoyle has once again blasted the Government for making a big police announcement to the media before doing so in the House of Commons.

Rishi Sunak unveiled a major new NHS workforce plan, with a new 15 year drive to recruit an additional 300,000 NHS staff on Friday.

The Government trailed the big announcement to the media on Thursday night, with a televised press conference from Downing Street on Friday.

However, Parliamentary rules dictate big announcements must be made to MPs first.

Taking to the Speaker's chair today, a furious Sir Lindsay Hoyle blasted Rishi Sunak for once again sidelining Parliament.

In an angry rant, he said: "I thank the Secretary of State for coming here to make a statement, it's a pity the Prime Minister hadn't done so on Friday where the world was meant to hear it before we do".

"The Prime Minister is a member of Parliament, he is answerable to members of parliament from all political parties, and I've got to say it is not acceptable.

"He may well be the Prime Minister, but the members of Parliament should hear it first, so I'm very pleased the Secretary of State is doing it the right way."

It wasn't the first time Rishi Sunak has been at the receiving end of Lindsay Hoyle's wrath.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...f4d75dc9&ei=14

Old 07-05-23, 07:45 AM   #756
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Deputy PM Oliver Dowden and Labour's Angela Rayner have been arguing about government action on rising rents and mortgages at Prime Minister's Questions.

The pair stepped in for PM Rishi Sunak and Sir Keir Starmer, who are at an event celebrating the 75th anniversary of the NHS

They began by thanking NHS staff on its 75th anniversary and then went head-to-head on home ownership and interest rate rises.

Dowden was challenged over NHS waiting lists and staffing - and hailed the government's recently published workforce plan for the NHS, which he called a "treasured institution"

It was the fourth time Sunak has missed PMQs since taking over as PM - he will also miss next week because of a Nato summit.

Asked about his absences at a committee hearing yesterday, Sunak said he had no control over the timings of events.

Old 07-06-23, 06:22 AM   #757
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well, that could be rid of another disgraceful undesirable if even for just a short while.

Quote:
MP Chris Pincher is facing an eight-week Commons suspension after an inquiry found he groped two men at a London club last year.

Parliament's standards committee said his "completely inappropriate" behaviour was an "abuse of power".

The recommended sanction will need to be endorsed by the whole House of Commons.

That would trigger a recall petition in his Tamworth constituency, potentially leading to a by-election.

In a statement, Mr Pincher said he wanted to "reflect" on the report's conclusions, but he did not intend to comment further "at this time".

He said he wanted to "apologise sincerely" for his conduct, adding that he had sought professional medical help, which is "ongoing".

Labour would need a swing of just over 21% to take his Tamworth seat in Staffordshire, where he had a 19,000 majority at the last election.

Mr Pincher is already due to stand down as an MP at the next general election, which is expected next year.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66119029

Old 07-08-23, 05:42 AM   #758
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-08-23, 03:52 PM   #759
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Well, that could be rid of another disgraceful undesirable if even for just a short while. [...]
You mean Mr. Fawkes wasn't that wrong, after all

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-23, 05:27 AM   #760
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
You mean Mr. Fawkes wasn't that wrong, after all
Confused but not wrong

Old 07-11-23, 09:16 AM   #761
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Boris and Carrie Johnson have announced the birth of a son, their third child together and first since he stood down as prime minister.

Frank Alfred Odysseus Johnson was born on 5 July, according to a social media post by Mrs Johnson.

The new baby joins son Wilfred and daughter Romy, both born during Mr Johnson term in office.

On Instagram, Mrs Johnson said the family was "all very smitten".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66165003
One can only hope the youngster grows up to have more common sense than his father.

Old 07-12-23, 10:48 AM   #762
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

More hypocrisy from the poison dwarf.

Quote:
Nicola Sturgeon splurged £1,200 of taxpayers’ cash on business class flights and a luxury hotel during her farewell tour of London TV studios.

The former SNP leader spent one of her final days as First Minister giving interviews on shows including ITV’s Loose Women.

She snubbed a request from Westminster’s Scottish affairs committee to give evidence about her time in office and instead embarked on a round of media appearances.

Ministerial expenses show she contradicted her supposed eco- credentials by shunning train travel, despite it being one-tenth of the cost.

Her two-day trip cost the public purse a total of £1,230.02, including £515 spent on one night in a London hotel – which government officials are refusing to name.

Criticising the expense, Tory MSP Annie Wells yesterday said that Ms Sturgeon should have ‘set an example’ and kept costs to a minimum.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-1-200.html

Old 07-13-23, 05:41 AM   #763
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'd love to ask the Prime Minister why last year the UK gave almost £50 million in foreign aid to China, which has the second largest economy in the world.

Old 07-14-23, 07:26 AM   #764
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

The UK is trillions in debt and this government borrow money each year to give away 14 billion pounds of it to foreign countries, idiots.

It's because I was a 9-year-old refugee that I have such contempt for those unelected buffoons in the Lords trying to sabotage the Bill to stop small boats, writes PROFESSOR FRANK FUREDI

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...use-Lords.html

There are no refugees like PROFESSOR FRANK FUREDI anymore and, if there is, why aren't they standing up and defending this migration bill?.
Instead we've got these Lords wringing their hands in consternation at the cruelty of this bill, I'd show you pillocks what cruelty is if you need an example you ******* idiots. Why don't they take a long hard look at what a refugee actually is and, compare it to these economic migrants paying thousands of pounds to cross the English Channel in small boats are. Then, they'd have to come to the right decision and pass the bill, but, no, they keep their rose tinted specs on and denounce it outright as cruel.

As we've known for 50 years or more, these unelected morons would close their eyes before scrutinising the difference between a proper refugee and an economic migrant, the whole lot of these Lords are a bleeding disgrace and the death penalty should be brought back to reign in these bleeding muppets.

The house of parliament has caused every problem we've ever had in the UK since its inception and it needs tearing down now. A new beginning is required and everyone who works there must not be able to apply for any available positions, hell yes, right on baby, oh bugger, Nurse, I've forgot to take my medication again, Nurse.
Old 07-14-23, 11:16 AM   #765
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

You simply couldn't make this up

To think...this guy once had his finger on the UK nuclear deterrent

Quote:
The Covid public inquiry could finally gain access to Boris Johnson's WhatsApps from the first year of the pandemic, following a delay.

Technicians have been reluctant to turn on the old phone storing messages before May 2021, as the former PM was not sure about the passcode.

There were fears that getting it wrong could lead to the data being wiped.

But the government has now found a record of his Pin code, paving the way for it to be accessed.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66199658