SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-07, 12:36 PM   #196
Payoff
Captain

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Agreed! Please finish the product with further patches. In addition to the list.

As I consider the external cams a cheat, I wont use it in my campaign & sounds are really your only link to whats going on outside your boat.

*Reverse the sounds/diving motion in the interior.(I'm surprised more hardcore simmers are'nt upset with this.)

*Fix the hydrophone at PD/make sonar operator more useful.

*Damage control issues.
"Hit Shokaku class carrier with three out of six torpedos. Recieved 105 depth charges during three hour period. Heard four terrific explosions in the direction of target, two and one half hours after attack. Believe that baby sank!" Lieutenant Commander Herman Kossler USS Cavalla
Old 05-16-07, 12:39 PM   #197
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Hello, I support the need for more patches for Sh4 then I may actually play it.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 05-16-07, 12:41 PM   #198
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29

UBIsoft it seems that not only SH4 is a badly published product by you and if you remain to keep doing so I fear this may be in your front yard soon.

PLEASE let the SH4 devs make a 1.3 patch and another if necessary, it could be for your benefit as well and I'm sure you would like that.
Old 05-16-07, 12:45 PM   #199
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Hello,
i do not know why patches should be limited to a certain "number" - surely problems need to be fixed.
Ubi, the romanian team surely did a good job, but crashes in the game as well as inconsistencies with metric/imperial measurements do not live up to hopes and advertisement, and the usual high quality of Ubi games. I take it you have read some of the critics ?
I have a german game i got from a friend while waiting for my subsim.com copy. He handed the sim to me because as he said "i never saw so much bugs and flaws in a software, and i have seen a lot!", and he just got tired.
Please, fix at least the major issues.
Otherwise thanks for making the sim possible -
Greetings,
Catfish
Old 05-16-07, 01:03 PM   #200
nikbear
Sea Lord

Downloads: 86

I totally support what neal has said and hope ubisoft continue with they're patches and work for SHIV,I have not purchased SHIV simply because of these problems but should they be rectified I woudn't hesitate to buy it.So come on ubisoft finish what you started and give people another classic(with the help of the modders )they can play for years to come
Old 05-16-07, 01:05 PM   #201
Kaleun Suhren
Watch

Downloads: 5

Ahoi Kaleuns;...

I will be with you and i vote for a patch 1.3+ for SILENT HUNTER 4. UBI "P_L_E_A_S_E" dont leave this Community and Help Us.
Old 05-16-07, 01:10 PM   #202
jmanwell
Swabbie

Downloads: 14

I would like to see another patch from Ubi as well. SH3 was patched to 1.4; we should at least get a 1.3 patch for SH4.
Old 05-16-07, 01:11 PM   #203
gg.
Watch

Downloads: 11

UBI, release another patch or give us back our money (or at least an half)...
Old 05-16-07, 01:12 PM   #204
bsalyers
Sparky

Downloads: 46
Default Now what?

I agree. I love this franchise, but SH4 is not finished. We all feel the same...

Now what? How do we pressure/beg/cajole Ubisoft to release another patch?
Old 05-16-07, 01:14 PM   #205
heartc
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 71

I agree with Neal. A third patch is needed. As of now, the game is still incomplete until the issues in the list that Neal brought up are dealt with.
Old 05-16-07, 01:14 PM   #206
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

These reviews speak volumes... Please Ubisoft, we are only a few brushstrokes short of a masterpiece, let the dev team finish the job and we will all be there waiting for Silent Hunter 5 and Destroyer Command 2 to come sailing into port!

IGN
"There’s a lot to like about the latest entry in the Silent Hunter war. The change to the Pacific theatre sees new subs, news targets and most importantly, a lovely range of new mission types. Sadly, it’s obvious that the game has been rushed. We’re used to sims being buggy, but for the fourth in the series we’d hoped for more."

Gamespy
"There's a definite lack of polish and far too many bugs, even a couple of patches and a month after its release. On one hand, since hardcore sims are so few and far between, we should be thankful for what we get. But on the other hand, how many shortcuts should we overlook out of sheer gratitude? There's no denying that there's some wonderful work here, and it's a shame that it's so inaccessible and uneven. But even for those of us who are inclined to stick with it, Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific is a profoundly frustrating experience, in large part because of how close it is to being sublime. "

Firing Squad
"Nothing would be so pleasing as to say that Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific is a worthy successor to Silent Hunter III, an evolutionary improvement over the latter game. Sadly, due to the bugs it has even after two patches and the interface problems, it's difficult to give that glowing an endorsement."

Computer Games Online RO
"With some more polish, SH4 has the potential to surpass its predecessor and to take its rightful place as the best submarine simulator ever made"

PC Gamer
"In the weeks ahead--maybe even by the time you read this--Silent Hunter 4 will likely grow into the sub-sim classic its ambitious designers intended. It's just too bad that the out-of-the-box version narrowly missed the boat. "

Game Almighty
"Silent Hunter features countless bugs you'll find on every machine, and this is unforgivable. It's a betrayal to a loyal fanbase and a detriment to gaining new fans. Unfortunately, it's also an exact replay of what happened two years ago when Silent Hunter III shipped. Deja'vu all over again, as Yogi Berra once said. "

GameShark
"The shipped version of Silent Hunter IV feels like little more than a half-working teaser of things to come. "
Old 05-16-07, 01:19 PM   #207
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

Ubisoft...if you have any concern for releasing quality products and keeping your customer base then this game must be finished. SH2 was a bust....SH3 was finally made salvagable...SH4? We have yet to see...I do know that if you want to sell games like this..then you won't be selling them much longer...if SH4 is not patched then the first and last place I will look for Ubisoft games is in the bargain bin, if I look at all and I know there are many others who feel the same way. I'm not going to spend $50 for an unfinished product again.
Old 05-16-07, 01:20 PM   #208
TripleDaddy
A-ganger

Downloads: 1

Finish what you have started.

Please?
Old 05-16-07, 01:37 PM   #209
don1reed
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 910

I'd like to add my name to this petition for Ubi to do the right thing and get this sim completed.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

~ George Orwell
Old 05-16-07, 01:48 PM   #210
Banquet
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 0

Add me to the list.. another patch is necessary