SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-12, 01:23 PM   #3001
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Ah, I see.

I think.
Old 02-17-12, 11:42 PM   #3002
Flaxpants
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

New to this mod- spent the last day or so downloading and getting things setup. Here's what I have:

OpsMonsun_v705
OMv705_to_720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7

I've modded a fresh install of 1.5 and have joined the 2nd flotilla out of Wilhelmshaven with a type IX boat. Everything seems fine, apart from the fact that I have no roaming camera on the sub. My free cam works fine but the roaming cam in the command room/bridge isn't working. I have been through this thread and haven't been able to find any specific answers to my problem, though I understand that the roaming cam should be working...

I'm no doubt going over old ground here, but can anyone point me in the right direction?
Flaxpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 05:33 PM   #3003
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Make sure that each file in your MODS folder looks like this:

Name of mod
Data

Some of the files unzip as packages have multiple layers before the actual data file JSGME does not like that.

I am thinking that you should look at the OMEGU files in particular.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-12, 07:02 PM   #3004
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Anyone know where I can find the version of EAx soundsim that works with OM? The stock version kept making it crash so had to remove, the sounds for OM without are a bit dull.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-12, 10:54 PM   #3005
Flaxpants
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
Make sure that each file in your MODS folder looks like this:

Name of mod
Data

Some of the files unzip as packages have multiple layers before the actual data file JSGME does not like that.

I am thinking that you should look at the OMEGU files in particular.
Cheers Stealhead- actually I have to give a 'duh' here as the regular shift-F2 works fine.....Been playing RFB for so long, which has the roaming camera as default that I forgot the 'ole shortcut....sorry folks!
Old 02-20-12, 02:18 AM   #3006
Stealhead
Navy Seal

You must be running OM with RFB then? For me with just OM and OMEGU the camera movement is free.I play TMO and RFB as well though I prefer to run either of those alone without OM at the same time.

If you are running OM and OMEGU alone camera movement should be free.I think that OMEGU is what adds the free camera not sure though I recall a while back that OM did have locked camera unless you pressed shift+f2 but at some point they changed it to being free.
Old 02-20-12, 03:15 AM   #3007
Flaxpants
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
You must be running OM with RFB then? For me with just OM and OMEGU the camera movement is free.I play TMO and RFB as well though I prefer to run either of those alone without OM at the same time.

If you are running OM and OMEGU alone camera movement should be free.I think that OMEGU is what adds the free camera not sure though I recall a while back that OM did have locked camera unless you pressed shift+f2 but at some point they changed it to being free.
No, I'm not running RFB, see my mods list below. And I do need to use the shift-F2 to get the free cam....by default it is locked.
On another note- would I be right in saying that I should be able to operate the TDC from the attack persicope? I currently need to go the old fashioned way via the attack map.
Old 02-20-12, 06:39 PM   #3008
Stealhead
Navy Seal

that is interesting because for me it is free and I am running only running OM and OMEGU myself.

I run the same as you run and the optional MED to play as the 29th Flotilla.

Maybe someone with better knowledge can answer but according to the mods you have the camera movement should be free I am very sure
if yours is not that implies that something has not been taken by JSGME.

EDIT:

You are fine use of the free camera is so second nature to me that I forgot a minor detail you must left click the mouse(make sure you are not staring at a torpedo firing button) the pointer will disappear and you can move around by pressing the arrow keys to come back out left click the screen again.You no longer need to press shift+f2 but it still works though left clicking is much faster.

Last edited by Stealhead; 02-20-12 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-20-12, 11:35 PM   #3009
Flaxpants
Ace of the Deep

I got it working Stealhead. I removed all the mods, downloaded the OMEGU files again and reinstalled. Now it's working fine!

Must have been corrupted because I didn't even see the OM loading screen before.... looked rather like stock...

Anyway, now I'm back in the hunt and happy I can play again- thanks for your help!
Old 02-24-12, 06:13 AM   #3010
Smokey Joe
Swabbie

Downloads: 26

Hey Guys

I have a Problem with SH4 Operation Monsun.
only can make one mission without any problems, then back to harbor and when i start the second mission all is good.
But when i save the game, in the second mission, and reload it later, SH4 CTD ?!

my Version is 1.5 with UBM
then i have installed with JSGME:

Operation Monsun 705
Operation Monsun 705 to 720
OMEGU v300
Red lighting for OM
NavMap Makeover for OM
Dark Recognition Manual
Smaller Seaplants

Do you have an idea what is wrong??
Please help me

greets Joe
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 12:22 AM   #3011
Stealhead
Navy Seal

You need to have OMEGU_v300_Patch after OMEGU v300 you also need to have
OMv720_Patch5 as well remove all your mods in JSGME and then load them up in the correct order fist that is most likely why you are getting CTDs you are missing tow very important patches all those came in the D/L packages though I do admit the top post is spaced out in a confusing manner it could use some editing.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1477 OMv720_Patch5

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1449 OMEGU_v300_Patch7

I do not use:

Red lighting for OM
NavMap Makeover for OM
Dark Recognition Manual
Smaller Seaplants

but they should come after everything directly related to OM then you add those mods.I am not 100% sure but I think that OMEGU already uses a smaller plants and sea bottom rocks mod so you don't need to run another one.

Your JSGME should look like this:
Operation Monsun 705
Operation Monsun 705 to 720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
(any optional mod that came with the OM files)
Red lighting for OM
NavMap Makeover for OM
Dark Recognition Manual(I do not know this mod are you sure it even works with the ID manual used in OM?)
Smaller Seaplants (you do not really need this one they are already being reduced by a mod included with OM/OMEGU).

Oh and welcome seeing as that was your first post.You did pretty good as well Some of the OM files un patch in a package format and are not ready to just be dropped your MODS folder looks you had no trouble there(I think... you see the Op Monson loading screen on start up in place of the stock one correct?).

Last edited by Stealhead; 02-27-12 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-01-12, 06:07 PM   #3012
Smokey Joe
Swabbie

Downloads: 26

hello Stealhead,

thanks for your reply.

I have reinstalled the mods.

Now my JSGME looks like, what you told me.
But this time without smallerseaplants, redlighting and the recognitionmanual.
You´re right with the smallerseaplants and the dark recognition manual don´t work with the one that used in OM.

But after i did this the game crashed again.
I think OMEGU is the problem, because now i have only installed:

OM 705
OM 705 to 720
OM 720 Patch 4 (to play without any other mods, describted in the subsim forum)

and it works!
I did up to now three missions and had no problems.
(the loading screen is the stock-one but OM works !?)

But I like to play with OMEGU, its looks really better than the stock graphics.
I think i try it with OMv720_Patch5 and OMEGU_v300_Patch7 without any other mods. . . .maybe it works too.

(Man, i tried up to 10 first missions in the last few days . . . grrr)

greets Joe
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 11:56 PM   #3013
Stealhead
Navy Seal

That is my usual set up OM patch7 and OMGEU patch5 and only the Med or Pac optional.

Do you mean to say that you tried it with out your extra mods? Maybe you have the double folder problem then make sure that all the OM and OMEGU folders in your MODS folder are set up like this:

Both OMEGUV300 and OMEGUPatch7 zips are package files that means you need to unzip them someplace other than the MODS folder and then only copy the file in the unzipped package with the OMEGU title into your MODs folder.

If it still does not work then download the file again it might have gotten corrupted.Each of the optional mods would need to be separately placed into the MODs folder in the same manner.If you wanted to use OM_Med_Env you would copy that file and paste it into MODS any of the OM/OMEGU optional mods should come after OM and OMEGU in JSGME.

Last edited by Stealhead; 03-02-12 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-02-12, 07:22 PM   #3014
Shihadeh
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 15

Thanks for this fantastic mod
Shihadeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 10:08 PM   #3015
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

June 29, 1942 in North Atlantic, Type VIIB U boat, trying to close a convoy, keeps CTD when near this convoy.This is an ongoing issue which i have solved by saving and reloading after CTD and usually it solves the problem, thing keeps crashing.Any ideas?

Running OM and OMEGU
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote