SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-18-15, 05:50 PM   #4336
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Well, that's France dealt with...let's see how poor old Italy is doing...

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 01:21 PM   #4337
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Tirpitz = Bestpitz!
Old 12-28-15, 08:49 AM   #4338
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Old 12-28-15, 11:30 PM   #4339
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

^ So when did the Italians invent a mass teleporter? There can be only one explanation for this.

Old 12-29-15, 12:23 AM   #4340
Oberon
Lucky Jack

The whole bloody world's gone mad, it's the only explanation for it. The last time I tried Barbarossa the Hungarians broke it, this time it's the Italians and the Japanese.
I can only presume that I OD'd on uboats and tanks because I didn't have enough manpower to Barbarossa properly, so I figured that rather than go back to square one I'd retire to Switzerland and let the AI take over at max speed and see what happened.
Up to this point the Wehrmacht was bogged down just inside Eastern Poland, the Japanese had run riot through the western Pacific, having conquered Australia, New Zealand and making a quick pass through central India. Italy had pushed the British completely out of North Africa all the way back into Iraq where they stomped them completely. They then roflstomped the Greeks and joined me in pwning Republican Spain.
After I retired to live on the Nazi Gold in the Swiss banks, the AI continued the German trudge back and forth across Poland, at one point the Russians pushed far into Eastern Germany but then ran out of steam and were pushed all the way back again by a resurgent Wehrmacht. Meanwhile Italy invaded Scotland and ran into a brick wall of Weegies north of Glasgow and Edinburgh. Japan began eating Russia, taking Vladivostok quite easily and beginning a trudge westward to meet up with the Wehrmacht. In November 1941 Japan declared war on the US, and Italy and Germany followed suit (although their ships had been stomping on my uboats already since early 1941, which is realistic). Japan took a brief break from eating Russia to play tennis with Midway and the Wake Islands, before turning westward again, eating India and marching onwards through the snow covered wastes of central Russia. So far it's taken one small province of the Phillipines, probably just to annoy MacArthur.
In the western theatre, Vichy France got brought back into the fold as soon as the US declared war on it, and then the Allies landed in North-west Africa. The Italians pulled out of Scotland and seem to have deployed to push the Allied invasion out of North Africa. Since the Axis have control of the northern half of the straits of Gibraltar it's going to be tough going for the Allies.
Meanwhile Japan just keeps going west, I think that they will probably reach Moscow before Germany ever does.

So...things to note. Obviously I need to not build so many bloody tanks, or at least build a few more light tanks so I can actually do this encircling business. I also need to practice this encircling business so that I can do it without the Russians laughing and smashing a giant hole in it.
Uboats work well but there's no need to flood the entire Atlantic with them, I need to get my head around the scale of the game, I've just about managed it with the ground forces, but the air and sea elude me.

Also, find whatever the hell Mussolini has put in the pasta of the Italians in this game...
Old 12-29-15, 09:41 AM   #4341
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Well I've seen the AI do some really wierd and in some cases outright stupid things, like how in one instance the French didn't have enough units to cover the whole of the Maginot Line (I made them think I was going to launch a massive attack at the northern end of the Maginot), when in reality I sent three army groups through the gap, surrounding and cutting all Allied forces there while allowing panzer and mobilized divisions to run free thorugh the middle of France, with simaltanous attacks going on in northern France to prevent Allied forces from breaking the seige of the Maginot Line. But I've never, ever seen Italy invade Scotland and push the British all the way back to the Middle East nor the Japanese invade Russia.
Old 01-02-16, 05:35 PM   #4342
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Checking out 2 mods for the Steam version of Spintires!

Easy to install, first go into your Spintires folder and make a backup copy of your media file and save it someplace. Next dl a mod (Has to be from 2015 date, mods from 2014 don't work.) Open up the file and cut and paste inside your Media folder. That's all there is to it,lol

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 12:49 AM   #4343
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

So I bought myself Assassin's Creed Syndicate after Christmas and just before New Years, even though it took about 49 hours to download (wth Steam) it was well worth the wait. The First Rule of Fight Club: You do not talk about Fight Club. The Second Rule of Fight Club: Give a beatdown to anyone who enters the ring!
Old 01-04-16, 08:27 AM   #4344
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Was watching the wife play that last night, does look very nice indeed, will have to steal it from her at some point. Highlight of the playthrough had to be the "Is that my target?" "That's my target!" *kills random innocent civilian* moment.
Old 01-04-16, 09:01 AM   #4345
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Borderlands 2 has some...interesting... gun designs.

Old 01-05-16, 05:49 PM   #4346
Lionclaw
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Found this from the DF forums:

[snipped out pic]

Dwarf Fortress, a game where cat can go to a bar, get splashed with booze, then lick itself clean, get alcohol poisoning, vomit all over the place and die.
Not sure why, but that's hilarious!
Lionclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 10:33 AM   #4347
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Yes! Please take that thing out of my court!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 11:00 PM   #4348
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Old 01-09-16, 08:46 AM   #4349
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

I see I'm not the only one who's seen the magical self sweeping brooms.
Meanwhile some more fight club.
Old 01-11-16, 06:40 PM   #4350
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

This should get the Great Khorne's attention.

This is going to be so great!

Hah! My first opponent is my idiot son! (martial 2) BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GO-

Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote