Old 12-31-16, 08:27 AM   #1
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 207
Uploads: 0
Default Battle Report - Battle for Oilfield - Dec 30th, 2016

Yesterday we played a scenario described here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228958

Finally after 2 hours of setups, connection configurations and restarts, we managed to play the scenario. People from different part of the Earth . 5 players (2xUdaloy, Victor III and 2 x Lada) against 5 players (OH Perry, Bergamini, 2x 212 and LA FLT I)

For our (BLUE) team we created tactical plan. Both Type 212 had to go closer to the island from opposite side. A task for me was to take a position SE to the islands and be prepared to attack enemy landing ships. I had to move over 40 nmi to be on the position. I speed up and started.

Slowly we were going to positions, when action started. Neutral FF Samadikun were attacked by RED side. Two of them were sunk.

Also Marcus exchanged fishes with one of the boat and sunk her.

In the meantime, Ghostdog's game crashed and his sub was sunk a couple minutes later. I was not able to notice who did that, because I was speeding 30 kts with all sensors switched off.

In the same time a lot of actions were happening. Surface units started to fight. Pepe and Jaszczi (OH Perry and Bergamini) vs Grindler and AchAchtel (both on Udaloys). Rockets were launched from both side, however AA defense were strong.

I also joined the attack. I launched first torpedo at max range and two Harpoons. Both rockets were shoot down. Next Pepe used his helo with Hellfires (ASuW Loadout) and finally destroy AchAchtel's Udaloy.

On the other side, Olek (SSK Lada) joined the battle too. He launched Sizzlers SSM. He killed one of our Harpers and hit Pepe too. Perry was sunk. A duel between Jaszczi and Grindler started. They fired to each other with guns and rockets. However Udaloy's fire was more efficient and Bergamini was destroyed.

In the same time I attacked Grindler's Udaloy with Harpoons and MK48 mod4. But it was too late to help Jaszczi. But Udaloy was hit and destroyed.

Of course all Harpoons were shot down before hit.

Additional to that a Victor class submarine (Skinflute) was near me. I tracked him and set up my fishes. Successfully. After couple of minutes the Victor was not a threat anymore.

Unfortunately, Marcus lost a connection, and his boat did not take a part in the last act of the battle. Together with Meem (Type 212) we tried to find Olek (SSK Lada). Meem had his position but with large error. On the other side we got information before from Jaszczi about Olek. Olek was detected by Jaszczi by his active sonar just before Bergamini was destroyed. Again I was forced to change a postion by 10 nmi to be on a good position to attack. I launched 2 torpedoes to Olek. In the same time 2 other fishes were launched by Meem. So 4 torpedoes were searching for Olek's Lada. Also Olek counter attacked. He launched 3 Stallion or Sizzlers ASW but totally outside my zone. Additional to that Olek started to use active sonar, so we got a very accurate position of his boat. But ... none of our torps hit . At the same time Olek launched one Stallion at me. I was so confident, that I would destroy Olek soon, that I swept aside this threat. And it was a BIG mistake. Olek's torpedo hit my boat and sunk .

It was just before the end of the scenario .

To summarize: we agree that the battle result is : DRAW. Both of us had big causalites. Only 1 SSK per side survived and none of the fleet were able to meet a scenario goal.

But after 3,5 our of game I was very satisfied. Interesting and dynamic game. A lot of surprises, small and big duels. It was very good end of the year.

Thank you all for the game. I hope that such events will happen again in the near future.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Last edited by PL_Cmd_Jacek; 12-31-16 at 11:24 AM.
PL_Cmd_Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-16, 10:27 AM   #2
MarcusTheOne
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

In summary:

-Good battle

-Good teamwork both sides

-both sides were determined to win

-connection issued plagued us

-it was fun.

I also really want to take credit for that ghostdog kill, but I don't think it was my torp. Mine passed two Nmi above her I believed. Oh well.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM 'STRAYA!
MarcusTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote