Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-11-15, 02:21 PM   #256
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusJS View Post
What do you do when a DRUNK, HANDCUFFED, ~100 POUND WOMAN lightly kicks you in the shin when you're an undercover cop, with three other cops right there beside you? Why, punch her as hard as you can in the face, twice. Because obviously she's an imminent threat that must be neutralized.

No worries if you get caught, either - your punishment will be 4 weeks suspension, served two days at a time per week.

Pathetic.

http://www.local10.com/news/video-sh...-face/32802592

Alright, I'll stop using up Neal's bandwidth posting these stories, even though the stories themselves keep on coming. It just infuriates me to see police who abuse the power they have over others, and then got off scot-free, while many Americans prefer to look the other way.
Here's a very similar incident from 2012.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-15, 11:16 AM   #257
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Found this in my FB news feed

http://www.popularmechanics.com/mili...-restrictions/
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-15, 04:49 PM   #258
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
It's a start.
Old 05-20-15, 02:48 PM   #259
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Here's a story about the other 99% of the cops we don't hear about:

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/moms...449508142.html

<O>
Old 05-20-15, 07:18 PM   #260
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I'm reading a book now, called Homicide, by David Simon. He's a reporter who spent a year in 1993 embedded with the Baltimore homicide detectives. Man, I never realized what a crap hole Baltimore is Seems like they were doing a pretty good job exterminating themselves without any help from the police.

What's interesting about the book is, it was written years before all this recent attention was focused on the BPD. So the cops are not really on their guard in the book. Yeah, they are pretty insensitive, but going by what they have to deal with, I think anyone would be.
Old 05-21-15, 05:52 AM   #261
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Another good read is "what cops know" It is dated, but the psychology of people does not change that much.
Old 06-08-15, 06:09 PM   #262
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

No shooting, thankfully, but several things worth noting.

For starters, just what is so god-danged critical for these cops to be swarming all over a bunch on kids? Not thugs, protesters, or biker brutes, just a large number of kids, many of them young. Doesn't make sense.

That one cops does a Capt. Kirk barrel roll, he's all over the place. Drug test that man He's clearly too wound up for this kind of work.

Another thing, a clear example of kids have no concept of what the situation calls for. Cops everywhere telling you to sit down and be quiet so they can do their work...most kids just chattering and wandering around oblivious. Kinda reminds me of my brief stint as a teacher. Hmmm.... I think I can identify with Capt. Kirk.
Old 06-08-15, 06:16 PM   #263
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Maybe he just likes Captain Kirk's command style.You never know a Gorgan might suddenly appear you need those rolling skills to sharp.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15, 06:17 PM   #264
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Old 06-08-15, 06:25 PM   #265
Stealhead
Navy Seal

I meant Gorn oops

Again though dodging skills are paramount in sudden unexpected Gorn attacks.
Old 06-08-15, 09:31 PM   #266
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Well, he's still Gorn:
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-15, 11:14 PM   #267
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Officer Casebolt quits the force.

Quote:
Before the infamous pool party, McKinney Cpl. Eric Casebolt saw the body of a man who shot himself in front of his family by an apartment pool, and then consoled the man’s widow. Then, he helped talk another girl out of a suicide attempt.

By the time Casebolt heard the report of “a violent assault” at the neighborhood pool, his “emotions got the best of him,” his attorney said Wednesday at a news conference in Dallas.

“He is apologizing that his conduct offended,” Dallas lawyer Jane Bishkin said.

Bishkin said Casebolt didn’t intend to harm anyone and only wanted to investigate a violent assault. She said the 7-minute viral video doesn’t capture the totality of the incident, and said Casebolt also detained a white girl, but it wasn’t seen on the video.

Casebolt, who resigned Tuesday, did not attend the news conference at the Dallas Fraternal Order of Police Lodge. Bishkin said Casebolt, who could still face criminal charges, will speak to the media sometime in the future, but has been receiving death threats and didn’t feel safe showing up in public Wednesday. She said he and his family have left their home and are in “an undisclosed location.”

Bishkin said Casebolt was “disgusted” to hear he had been called racist. She said he was not racially motivated in his actions.

She said Casebolt’s “lifelong dream” was to be a police officer, so he’s not sure what to do next. Casebolt quit with “a heavy heart,” but decided to resign for the good of the city and the department, Bishkin said.
Old 06-11-15, 06:41 PM   #268
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Man that's pretty lousy. That's the thing with media and video footage they can only show a part (the most damning) without showing the entire context. Then the media shows it to the world and the person gets unfairly judged.

Or a person can only film a portion of an event in the first place just to make the subject look guilty. The whole race thing bugs me. If I cut off a driver of a different race of in traffic dose that make me racist?

In my opinion one must prove beyond doubt that an act was racially motivated. For example if the person I cut of happened to be Italian and I said "take that ya language specifically offensive to a person of Italian decent" now that would be a racially motivated act. If I used those exact words would that make a passive aggressive racist or a borderline politically correct racist. What if I had intened to cut the car off anyway and then realized that the person was Italian?

Last edited by Stealhead; 06-11-15 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-11-15, 07:39 PM   #269
vienna
Navy Seal

Regarding the Capt. Kirk roll, I always thought it wasn't so much a planned action as it was Shatner tripping over his own ego...

<O>
Old 06-11-15, 08:03 PM   #270
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Actually when I first saw the video of the cops Captain Kirk roll I figured that he had tripped over his own big feet and just went with it. Done the much the same thing myself once or twice. Luckily I wasn't being video taped at the time...

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote