SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-10, 01:49 PM   #76
Weisia
A-ganger

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Look like a corrupted install, my bet is that you enabled another mod after my GUI, whose menu-ini overwrote mine. Run JSGME, disable my GUI and enable it again so it overwrites any existing mod.
Hi. I did have a mod installed after your GUI. I have changed the sequence of the mods so that the GUI is activated last. But the buttons still don't work.

Here is a list of the mods I am using:
-NYGM 2.5
-NYGM 3.2
-NYGM 3.3B
-IABLShipsrezonedfinal
-1500 meter bearing overlay
-Current depth
-NYGM 3.3C
-Raptors Instruments 3.5
-Hitman_GUI_NYGM1.0

Before I changed the sequence of the mods I had NYGM3.3c installed after your GUI (like it says on the download page of subsim).

I also use Thomsen's SoundPack for a while, but those are all sound files so they shouldn't conflict with your GUI.
Weisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 02:29 PM   #77
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
But the buttons still don't work.
No?

That's really strange. Do you get the same image as seen in the first page of this thread? And does everything else work (wiz-wheel, enlarged dials, etc.)? I'm puzzled about this
Old 04-13-10, 03:50 PM   #78
Weisia
A-ganger

Quote:
No?

That's really strange. Do you get the same image as seen in the first page of this thread? And does everything else work (wiz-wheel, enlarged dials, etc.)? I'm puzzled about this
Everything else does work (and looks great). I will try a complete re-install in the weekend and see if that solves the problem.
Old 04-13-10, 04:40 PM   #79
lafeeverted
Chief

Downloads: 13

Hitman,

I also do not have working Additional Function buttons, or stopwatch. I have removed the mod using JSGME and re-enabled without success. I also extracted the mod again overwriting it hoping to have had a corrupted file. I will next d/l again and try once more.

I tried new d/l without success.

If this helps at all...if i click on the first button that would bring up the speedchart, nothing happens. However, if i click on the other two, or the Zeiss badge it defaults to mouse control of the scope/uzo view.

I have removed all mods other than those with the GWX package.
All else seems to be correct with the GUI.

Last edited by lafeeverted; 04-13-10 at 06:59 PM.
lafeeverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 12:06 AM   #80
Buck_O
Helmsman

Downloads: 46

Quote:
The RM is still there and can be seen by pressing the "N" key. I found it useless, though, because with IABL's ships augmenting significatively the number of vessels, and without stadimeter, it is a boring thing to go around flipping pages with no real use of interest.
I too hate flipping through the manual to find the correct vessel. Would I be out of line if I asked for an addition to your excellent GUI like makman94, & OLC's that lets you find the correct vessel quickly via the weapons officer.

I'm curious how you know what depth to set your torps at for magnetic detonation, without using the RM?
Buck_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 02:08 AM   #81
rea00cy
Loader

Downloads: 337
Default Any solution?

Quote:
The only incompatible files between this GUI and the OH mods is the cameras.dat

If you install this mod over OH you'll still get the open hatch in the game, but the reworked cameras angles and special properties of free camera, etc. will be lost. Otherwise all will work OK.
Can you tell me if there's any simple soln to this incompat, that I can follow by myself? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, rea00cy
Old 04-14-10, 04:57 AM   #82
Weisia
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafeeverted View Post
Hitman,
If this helps at all...if i click on the first button that would bring up the speedchart, nothing happens. However, if i click on the other two, or the Zeiss badge it defaults to mouse control of the scope/uzo view.
Same here. Only I get the RM when I click the stopwatch/speed chart
Old 04-14-10, 07:19 AM   #83
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Can you tell me if there's any simple soln to this incompat, that I can follow by myself? any help will be greatly appreciated.
No simple solution, I'm afraid. The only solution is to pick cameras.dat from the mod you want to make it compatible with, and change the FOV in ALL cameras, as well as the viewhole values in the optics (Periscopes+UZO)

Quote:
I'm curious how you know what depth to set your torps at for magnetic detonation, without using the RM?
I estimate by naked eye the draft value, same as I do with all general dimensions of the ships, AOB, distance and speed. Rarely I'm much off. Practice makes you master the concept

@Lafeeverted & Weisia: Sorry guys but I'm unable to reproduce your problem and clueless about what has happened. It is obvious that a part of the menu.ini is not working for you, but surprisingly no other people are reporting this (And the files have been dowloaded already 270 times only in my page), so I can't figure out what is interfering. As long as my mod is installed right, and you picked the correct version (GWX or NYGM) it should work OK. In fact it should work over any other mod, as it would overwrite the key files, so at best it would be OTHER mods which would not work
Old 04-14-10, 07:42 AM   #84
lafeeverted
Chief

Yes I agree Hitman, there should be no reason why it is not working. There must be something else at play here and possibly something that Wiesia and I have in common. Although he is running NYGM and I use GWX. Possibly computer related? i am running on a Windows 7 machine. i had no issues with install and everything installed into default folders. I did not have to resize my desktop in order for the game to run although the resolution is higher . It does not fill the screen when playing. Since the rest of the game and your mod seem to work fine is it possible that the button functionallity is there but the clickable point is not where it is intended? I can see no reason why it would not be there if everything else is in its place. Thanks for trying I will let you know if i can figure it out.
Old 04-14-10, 08:48 AM   #85
Weisia
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafeeverted View Post
Yes I agree Hitman, there should be no reason why it is not working. There must be something else at play here and possibly something that Wiesia and I have in common. Although he is running NYGM and I use GWX. Possibly computer related? i am running on a Windows 7 machine.
I am running XP. So we are using different OS and different mega mods. Sounds to me that we both have a corrupt file in the orginal SHIII install. I will reinstall the complete game when I have time. Hopefully that solves the problem.

EDIT: GOT IT TO WORK!
All you have to do is enable manual targeting

@Hitman: is there an easy way to make the buttons work with auto targeting?

Last edited by Weisia; 04-14-10 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-14-10, 09:08 AM   #86
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
EDIT: GOT IT TO WORK!
All you have to do is enable manual targeting

Yeah this mod is not for auto targetting, should have thought about it before

Quote:
is there an easy way to make the buttons work with auto targeting?
No, they are replacements of the various notepad items. The notepad doesn't work with auto targetting, then my panels don't either.

But the real interest of the mod is for manual targetting, because if you want auto targetting you don't really need anything from it
Old 04-14-10, 09:20 AM   #87
lafeeverted
Chief

ha, I thought I had manual targeting enabled! Realism is at 99%. I will double check that! hope it is that easy.
Old 04-14-10, 09:34 AM   #88
lafeeverted
Chief

That was it Weisia ! I have not actually played the game since re-installing it and have only been adding checking mods etc...I did not check manual targeting system at first trying to just get familiar again with the game. Realism was only at 71 so when I installed the new GUI and the realism jumped to 99 I just assumed it was that way by default. Looks great Hitman, thanks
Old 04-14-10, 09:45 AM   #89
Weisia
A-ganger

Time to learn the art of manual targeting I guess. Do you know any useful guides for manual targeting?
Old 04-14-10, 12:29 PM   #90
KL-alfman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisia View Post
Time to learn the art of manual targeting I guess. Do you know any useful guides for manual targeting?

there are quite many.

IIRC every GUI-mod has a (at least basic) tutorial.
I found this very useful:
http://www.paulwasserman.net/SHIII/#...n#Introduction

but see for yourself in the download-section.