SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-25-07, 11:37 PM   #46
Roads88
Sparky

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roads88
Ducimus

I can't seem to get your stand alone TDC mod for GWX to work. I have the same trouble with Mavs mods.

Was your SH3 a clean install? Did you remove EVERYTHING from the Sh3 directory before reinstalling? I ask this because if your having trouble with Mav's mods, then it might be something universal thats effecting them both.
Ok found the problem while reading another post: When I unzipped the mods it placed the mods in a folder inside another folder with basically the same name. This explanes why the mods that came with GWX worked and the others didn't. Everything works great now.
Very nice and useful mod. Thanks
Old 01-28-07, 04:56 AM   #47
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Ok, so i lied...

Not the final version.
This is coming. Soon.

Acutally, it's done. I just need to go out and sink some ships and test it to make sure its working correctly.

What is this you might be asking? Current or previous NYGM users need no explanation.

In short, renown costs taken out of the game. Upgrades cost you time in port. Renown is used to mirror your tonnage sunk. THis does however, require that you play at 100% realism. (not a big deal really, ive included an upgraded gamesettings, you dont have to use manual targeting or have gods eye view turned off and such). What it does mean however, is no warping back to base.

Duci, didnt you argue the case for renown before?

Yup. As an ex serviceman, i totally agree with the renown system. It works in real life in todays military, and im sure it was in place in WW2.. (i wont go into an explanation right now, quick summary, "you scratch my back i scratch yours", "good ole boy network", Joe schome vs someone known, "call in a favor").

So why the NYGM system? Simply because i like it, and its convienant.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 05:56 PM   #48
q65
Loader

Downloads: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958
Decimus, I have a slower computer; will your mod work if I replace the scene.dat file with the 8 Km GWX file? If so, should I replace the evn files also? Does the lite harbor traffic mod screwup your mod?
You'll have to lose the ENV files and the scene.dat as both are 16K.

As for harbor trffic light, i use it too. No conflcts there .
I really like this addition to GMX but I have a slower puter. How do I "lose" these files and where do I find the right one?
Thanks
q65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 06:22 PM   #49
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

By "lose" thats my american slang coming through meaning to delete or get rid of something.

If you want to run 8K visual distance (impoving computer performance) then go to the data directory in the mod, and delete the entire ENV directory, and the SCENE.dat. That way when you enable the mod, the game will use the 8K visual distance.

To reiterate, delete the following:

Flavored_to_taste/data/ENV

Flavored_to_taste/data/scene.dat
Old 01-29-07, 06:43 PM   #50
q65
Loader

Downloads: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
By "lose" thats my american slang coming through meaning to delete or get rid of something.

If you want to run 8K visual distance (impoving computer performance) then go to the data directory in the mod, and delete the entire ENV directory, and the SCENE.dat. That way when you enable the mod, the game will use the 8K visual distance.

To reiterate, delete the following:

Flavored_to_taste/data/ENV

Flavored_to_taste/data/scene.dat
Well I'm good at losing stuff so this should be easy. I only understand stuff that ends in Eh eh.
Thanks for the info. I really like what you have done here. Keep up the good work
q65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 02:30 AM   #51
johan_d
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 1

Interresting.. can you explain this a bit more? do not capish..

"In short, renown costs taken out of the game. Upgrades cost you time in port. Renown is used to mirror your tonnage sunk. THis does however, require that you play at 100% realism. (not a big deal really, ive included an upgraded gamesettings, you dont have to use manual targeting or have gods eye view turned off and such). What it does mean however, is no warping back to base."
johan_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 05:36 AM   #52
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

I've installed the "Periscope TDC standalone for GWX" and used it throughout two patrols. Damn you, that's a really good mod. Thanks.

But I've got a problem that almost bought death on me. My observation periscope "is broken", i.e.:
- there is no texture of the round-metal-thing that keeps the lenses, so actually the scope view is a quadrant,
- the screen doesn't refresh properly, so for example the cursor leaves its pattern in every point it was placed on the screen (than u can 'paint' whole the screen with your cursor sign). The same with TDC dials that appear above - when they hide again, you can still see them partially (but it's only "a mirror", as the dials are hidden).

Unfortunately I can't post screens cause they are corrupterd after burning on CD (bloody '@' in the file names), will try again tomorrow, if needed. I hope it's understandable.

Attack periscope and all the rest works fine, it's just observation scope that's weird. But on that mission my attack periscope was damaged too (SH3 Commander sabotage) and I realized that a week after leaving base, when submerged under a convoy. That hurt.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-07, 05:54 AM   #53
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit
But I've got a problem that almost bought death on me. My observation periscope "is broken", i.e.:
- there is no texture of the round-metal-thing that keeps the lenses, so actually the scope view is a quadrant,
- the screen doesn't refresh properly, so for example the cursor leaves its pattern in every point it was placed on the screen (than u can 'paint' whole the screen with your cursor sign). The same with TDC dials that appear above - when they hide again, you can still see them partially (but it's only "a mirror", as the dials are hidden).
I think i know what your talking about. A few other people have complained on the forums about that. I dont remember exactly what causes it, but its not this mod by itself. I think its caused by some sort of mod incompatiblity (IE two mods using the same file). Try disabeling some of your mods and see if the problem corrects itself.
Old 01-30-07, 07:02 AM   #54
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Currently there are no other mods involved, only:
- GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas,
- GWX - Lite Harbor Traffic,
- GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot',
- GWX - No Medals on Crew
and SH3 Commander.

PS Oh, sorry, I use one more: Depth Charge Shake, lite version (but none of them seems to use the scope files any way).
Old 01-30-07, 07:06 AM   #55
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45

Quote:
and SH3 Commander.
Where's the GWX Dec 23rd corrections?

The only way to test it is to remove all extra mods + test. Then add them back in one at a time.
Old 01-30-07, 07:10 AM   #56
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:
and SH3 Commander.
Where's the GWX Dec 23rd corrections?

The only way to test it is to remove all extra mods + test. Then add them back in one at a time.
Ok, I'll try, though that's gonna hurt... every time I must wait like 20 minutes so that my game starts...

And the 23rd patch is there, but I don't treat it as a "mod". Should I? :>
Old 01-30-07, 07:18 AM   #57
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45

Quote:
And the 23rd patch is there, but I don't treat it as a "mod". Should I? :>
I'm not sure what you mean....

The Dec 23rd Fix should be the first Mod enabled in JSGME then the others follow it.

For now, just use the Dec 23rd Fix + Ducimus's Mod. Try that.

Remember to rollback SH3Cmdr (if in use) + be in port/docked.
Old 01-30-07, 10:59 AM   #58
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Still haven't tested that, but one thing more (I forgot to mention it earlier). There is nothing I dislike in this mod but one thing: Ctrl+Enter doesn't work any more. How can one have this fixed?
Old 01-30-07, 01:38 PM   #59
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
There is nothing I dislike in this mod but one thing: Ctrl+Enter doesn't work any more. How can one have this fixed?

I'm pretty sure i added that back in.
Old 01-30-07, 02:11 PM   #60
Roads88
Sparky

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Quote:
Still haven't tested that, but one thing more (I forgot to mention it earlier). There is nothing I dislike in this mod but one thing: Ctrl+Enter doesn't work any more. How can one have this fixed?
I have the same issues and am only running the TDC/Scope mode. It should not be "Lite Habor Trafffic" because I don't run that one.

I don't really miss the observation scope that much but the control-enter fire key I could really use. You have to step lively with your fingers when taking 'Non locked" shots to hit the sweat spot on a ship.:rotfl:

Still a Great Mod!