SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-15, 05:59 PM   #1
volisas
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default U-jagd and PeriTDC on H.SIE V16B1 (GWX3)

Hello,

I have spent hours trying to figure this out but I think it's time to ask for help. I have installed SH3, GWX3 gold and H.SIE V16B1 patch, and they all run excellently.

Now, *ideally* all I want is a *simple* mod that shows all the TDC dials in the periscope view as well as the U-jagd AOB wheel finder (in the way it was implemented in Periscope TDC v1.1). I would prefer to avoid installing all the complicated GUI mods like OLC Gold, etc.

Problem is that I have a Mac and my CrossOver refuses to run the installation .exe of Periscope TDC v1.1 for some unknown reason.

Q. Does anyone know of any other simple JSGME-ready mod that I can use with my above mentioned installation? Alternatively, are any of the complicated GUI mods (like OLC Gold) compatible with the H.SIE patch?

Thanks
volisas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-15, 11:23 PM   #2
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

I don't know what PeriTDC v1.1. exactly does, but maybe PeriTDC_V2.01 would work for you?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=715

You could also try joegrundman's U-Jagd tools mod (it does not change the GUI otherwise, but will give you the attack disc and AOB wheel finder):
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4221

It's not complicated to add a GUI mod with h.sie v16. You have already installed h.sie v16 once. It's not any different installing v16 to system with a major GUI mod.
Old 04-11-15, 07:11 AM   #3
volisas
Swabbie

Hi sublynx,

thanks for your help. I was just logging in to say that I found a solution to my problem. My Mac's CrossOver was missing a .dll file that PeriTDC needed.

But, I didn't know about PeriTDC v2! Thanks for that, I'll check it out! PeriTDC v1.1 has all the TDC dials, including the salvo switch (which was removed in PeriTDC v1.2). I'll see whether PeriTDC v2 suits my taste any better, though I definitely want the salvo dials next to me.

Oh, I see you use MaGui. I thought about installing it, but for some reason I feel (aesthetically) uneasy playing SH3 with GUIs that strongly remind of SH1/SH4. Even as people claim that they developed it by accident as such. That's why PeriTDC is perfect for me..

Thanks for helping anyway,

volisas
Old 04-11-15, 09:31 AM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

volisas!Belatedly; forgive our manners!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-15, 11:36 AM   #5
volisas
Swabbie

Thank you! I was playing SH1 as a kid, didn't understand what I was doing. Was playing at 0% realism. . And then SH2 as an early teenager, again didn't get much. Now with SH3 I hope to join the elite club