SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-08, 02:43 AM   #1
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3
Default v2.2 uploaded to FF

Get it here.
Old 05-17-08, 08:24 AM   #2
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

OLC, I think you should upload at least ONE screenshot with and without the no-reflections-mod for comparison reasons. Takes a hell of a long time to open museum and besides we can't compare side-by-side the differences.

Just my 2 centz.
Old 05-24-08, 10:28 AM   #3
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default Lifeboats and Debris V3 for OLCE2 (without reflections)

I've posted, on my FF page, a version of Rubini's Lifeboats and Debris V3 mod which has had all the reflections removed. This is for OLCU players who like to play without any reflections. If you play OLCU with reflections then you can just use the normal version of the lifeboats mod.

Download the "without reflections" version here.

Full credit goes to Rubini, Philipp_Thomsen and privateer for the Lifeboats and Debris V3 mod.
Old 05-24-08, 06:36 PM   #4
Badger Finn
Watch Officer

Downloads: 30

Just dropping a line

Excellent mods OLC have been using them since you arrived with the gui

Unfortunatly my rig dosnt have quite enough power to run ya ubermod with out staggers

Which is a bummer since it looked excellent from what i saw

ah well ill just have to stick with the gui

CHEERS

Badger Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-08, 11:38 PM   #5
difool2
Commander

Quick question (which really applies to GWX, and I guess stock too): any way to rid myself of the shaded bands in the clear or partly cloudy night sky (see the last pic in the OP)? I'd much prefer to see them blended together much more subtly. Or is this a video card limitation in terms of the number of colors available, or just a video card's inability to shade them together in a satisfactory manner?
difool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 12:03 AM   #6
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by difool2
Quick question (which really applies to GWX, and I guess stock too): any way to rid myself of the shaded bands in the clear or partly cloudy night sky (see the last pic in the OP)? I'd much prefer to see them blended together much more subtly. Or is this a video card limitation in terms of the number of colors available, or just a video card's inability to shade them together in a satisfactory manner?
OLCE2 fixes it, but I guess you already know that and want another way to fix it? Well, yes, there's a way and it's quite easy to do, and just now I actually started to type out how to do it... but then I remembered your rudeness to other people in other threads, and changed my mind.
Old 05-25-08, 12:07 AM   #7
Schwuppes
中国水兵

Downloads: 22

lol

Now I too have been struck by the avatar of shame...
E8400 @ 4.00Ghz standard vCore, Gigabyte P35C DS3R @ 445 Mhz, Leadtek GTX 280, 3 x 1GB Kingston DDR2 800 @ 890Mhz, 250GB +160GB HDD, Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Silverstone ST60F 600W, Logitech Z-5500 THX

Last edited by Schwuppes; 05-25-08 at 02:27 AM.
Schwuppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 09:21 AM   #8
difool2
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:
Originally Posted by difool2
OLCE2 fixes it, but I guess you already know that and want another way to fix it? Well, yes, there's a way and it's quite easy to do, and just now I actually started to type out how to do it... but then I remembered your rudeness to other people in other threads, and changed my mind.
Umm what the hey are you talking about?
difool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 08:05 PM   #9
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Default Cannot seem to be able to download this mod

Hi to you and thanks for the mod,

I have tried to download but always seem to get a pile of corrupted files.

Shouold I switch off my virus/firewall software while downloading, are the files perhaps corrupted, can you make any recomendations, I've used the Filefront link will try the Beyond the shadows perhaps with better luck

R
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 08:11 PM   #10
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101

Shouold I switch off my virus/firewall software while downloading, are the files perhaps corrupted, can you make any recomendations, I've used the Filefront link will try the Beyond the shadows perhaps with better luck

R
No, don't turn off your virus/firewall.
BTS are still doing site maintenance, or something, anyway downloads have not been working there for some time now.
I dunno what to suggest if your downloads are corrupt. Anyone else got any ideas?
Old 07-04-08, 11:37 PM   #11
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Default Cannot download OLCE2 Corrupt file warnings

Hi there, I just tried again, this time I switched off my firewall and antivirus, no dice Winrar diagnostic tells me there are a number of corrupt files.

When I look into OLCE2 and try to install into my mods folder I get hundreds of corruptfiles notices, just from the one folder others are the same.

Hope you can offer a solution

R

Quote:
Quote:

R
BTS are still doing site maintenance, or something, anyway downloads have not been working there for some time now.
I dunno what to suggest if your downloads are corrupt. Anyone else got any ideas?
Old 07-05-08, 03:55 AM   #12
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

that might explain it then
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 04:42 AM   #13
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Hi there, I just tried again, this time I switched off my firewall and antivirus, no dice Winrar diagnostic tells me there are a number of corrupt files.

When I look into OLCE2 and try to install into my mods folder I get hundreds of corruptfiles notices, just from the one folder others are the same.

R

Quote:
Quote:

R
Have you made sure you're using the latest version of winrar and/or 7zip?
Old 07-05-08, 08:37 AM   #14
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Will try to download new eds of win rar and zip to see if thats where the problem is

Quote:
Quote:

R

Quote:
Quote:

R
Have you made sure you're using the latest version of winrar and/or 7zip?
Old 07-05-08, 04:00 AM   #15
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 302

Quote:
Quote:

R
I don't know what BTS is doing because I can't download anything from there. No matter if I log in or not your files are only shown as a text description. No link to them. Also your section in their forum seems to be flushed of messages. Filefront works perfectly. No corruption.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote