SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-17, 05:01 PM   #136
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish716 View Post
I just want to say thanks to CaptainX3 for helping other users add content to the game. I would rather have unbalanced ships than turn away new contributions. I know your time is valuable. If you post a bitcoin or other crypto address I will happily tip you for the effort.
You're very welcome, and thank you for the offer. My job does take a lot of my time, so it's tough sometimes. I kinda feel the same way you do though, I'd rather add new classes and balance them when I can as opposed to turning away all new contributions.

It is a game, after all, and not meant to be an accurate simulation... I think most people are more concerned with fun than accuracy, and those who do want ultra realism can edit their own files however they want.

New Playable Subs & More - A Mod For Cold Waters

https://github.com/CaptainX3/CW-Playable-Subs

"We'll settle this the old Navy way... the first guy to die loses!"
CaptainX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 05:14 PM   #137
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainX3 View Post
Hehe watch the movie again... Sean Connery actually said "Recompute for 26 knots, and engage the propellers". This scene was right after the Caterpillar drive failed due to sabotage.

According to both lore and Wikipedia, the max speed of the Red October is 27 knots, about half that for the silent drive.
Just to back you up here CaptainX3:-

I am re-reading the book at the moment (very good by the way - haven't read it for about 25 years)

In the book Skip Tyler does a computer analysis of the Caterpillar drive and discovers that the Octobers most likely speed using the silent drive is in the 10-14 knot range

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 05:49 PM   #138
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Hey everyone, I'm adding something new to the main post:

When Sending Contributions...
If you send me something to add to the mod, please adhere to the following guidelines, so that it makes integration MUCH easier. (You can send contributions via email to timdgraham at sbcglobal dot net or PM them to me via the CW Discord here: https://discord.gg/caD9q9c )
  • If you're sending a new sub class, please balance it against the 688i class in the mod. I've been having a lot of trouble with misbalanced classes lately when they come from different contributors.
  • Before you send in a new sub class, please consider if it is sufficiently different from classes already in the mod. The one thing no one wants to do is scroll through 150 sub classes to find the one they want, especially if half of those are similar boats with only tiny differences in stats. We really don't need every single diesel sub every country ever had LOL.
  • If you're sending in a new sub class, please include ALL files that go with it... the description file, the vessel file, the damage control image (copying a similar existing one is fine), and also a new sensor profile if you intend on the sub being used as an enemy to the player in any mission.
  • If you're sending a contribution that adds something to an existing vanilla file, please send ONLY your new entries. For example, if you made a new sensor, send a sensors.txt file that includes ONLY your new sensor and not all of the vanilla entires. I keep missing new stuff because it's mixed in with vanilla and I don't see it.

Old 07-06-17, 11:08 AM   #139
Mitchmaker
Sonar Operator

Downloads: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardDriver View Post
My pleasure! And CaptainX3 and me are working out a viable place for it in the game. Also I will keep improving and updating it. Working masts will be next, also the signature picture and may an individual repair stations picture.

Glad to hear you like it, I love the 212, too!

I dont just like them, they are my love i served on them and they will be a part of me for the rest of my live. ^^ but yes indeed they are beautyfull. have you ever thought on wokring on a 206 class?
Old 07-06-17, 11:18 AM   #140
LeopardDriver
Bosun

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchmaker View Post
I dont just like them, they are my love i served on them and they will be a part of me for the rest of my live. ^^ but yes indeed they are beautyfull. have you ever thought on wokring on a 206 class?
It is really cool you served on them! Man, I would love to make a visit for a day, I would talk to noone, I promise... If you only could tell us some stories, but I guess most stuff is classified. I served on a Leopard II btw, as my name suggests. ^^

Also, I have been thinking about the 206, but it is very unique looking and we do not have a matching model in game at this moment.
LeopardDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 02:22 PM   #141
Mitchmaker
Sonar Operator

Downloads: 71

Beleve it or not before joining the navy i wanted to joind the tank division ^^. but it pulled me out to the waves....
well most stuff isn't that classyfied. sure some things are but much can be taken from official sources like jane's. there are also some good documentations on youtube showing some things from the 212a.

i would guess some of them could be used to work on a proper model for CW.

In comparison to the other subs from CW the biggest disadvantage of the 212a would be its ridiculous speed. It is to slow to hunt a nuke sub or a convoy at full speed. Top speed can only be maintained for some time until they have to recharge...a kingdom for a reactor. but thats all to technical for this thread. so long good work on that, hope modders will have some day the possibility to mod the 3d models .
Old 07-07-17, 03:03 AM   #142
OrangeFr3ak
Watch

Downloads: 45

Absolutely great to have more subs added, how about including the Oscar II submarine in future?
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-17, 06:25 PM   #143
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

MOD UPDATED!

This is a MAJOR update, so please be patient if you spot bugs and report them to me so I can nail them down. Thank you.

Quote:
Absolutely great to have more subs added, how about including the Oscar II submarine in future?
I've got a temporary hold on new sub classes until I can get caught up with adding masts to the ones in the mod. Once that's done, I'll open up to new classes, and an Oscar II is definitely one I'd consider adding.

Old 07-07-17, 06:50 PM   #144
ollie1983
Sailor man

Downloads: 5

Can't get enough of this mod. Seriously, the devs need to let you do your own models.

Can we please please please have stinger SAM launchers, and a conventional subroc now please, I wanna depth bomb those pesky shallow running diesel- electric boats.

Also, does the ADCAP have two different speeds? Flat out it can do 60 knots no?
ollie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 06:58 AM   #145
Galaxy_Canon
Nub

Is this compatible with the 2004 campaign mod? If so can you tell me how to make it compatible or make make it compatible yourself? With the akulas now in your mod, the 2004 campaign looks like fun with them.
Galaxy_Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 08:54 AM   #146
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Galaxy_Canon!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 06:22 PM   #147
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

MOD UPDATED!

Old 07-09-17, 04:42 PM   #148
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Mod updated again :-)

Old 07-09-17, 09:07 PM   #149
WWII44
Navy Dude

Downloads: 151

will there eventually be a Russian campaign where you set out from Murmansk rather than Holy Loch?
WWII44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-17, 02:41 AM   #150
digantajash
Nub

Downloads: 17
Default Not working mod

New version of mod is not working..only showing one mission..and unable to play..please fix this..my game version is 1.0
digantajash is offline   Reply With Quote