SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-22-10, 12:07 PM   #331
Heretic
Commodore

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 2

Are dials 1 and 3 in the Attack Map reversed? I looks like the AOB dial from the periscope view is labled Bearing on the attack map. The Attack angle dial is AOB on the attack map. The functionality matches the labels, but the artwork looks reversed. Entirely possible I just don't know what the heck I'm talking about, of course.

Last edited by Heretic; 02-22-10 at 12:27 PM.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 01:13 PM   #332
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Are dials 1 and 3 in the Attack Map reversed? I looks like the AOB dial from the periscope view is labled Bearing on the attack map. The Attack angle dial is AOB on the attack map. The functionality matches the labels, but the artwork looks reversed. Entirely possible I just don't know what the heck I'm talking about, of course.
First of all, I never touched the Attack Map. Second, you're absolutely right. The devs opted to use different dial plates. They used the AOB dial for the Bearing and the Track Angle for the AOB.

Hitman pointed this out while I was working on the mod. At that moment I decided to stop copying the ACM (SH3 interface mod) layout and make more dials:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Oh BTW ...

Now that I see those pictures I must comment something I found out some time ago before it is too late

The TDC dials have probably been wrong for german subs since SH3 Apparently the TDC was not completely understood or correctly copied by the Devs in their visit to U-995 (May be because it was disarmed?) but a recent trip by a friend from mine provided me very good hi-res pictures and I could confirm thanks to them the problem.

The dial used in SH3 and SH4 for "Bearing" is actually the track angle dial, i.e. the dial which shows the expected angle at which the torpedo will hit against the target. Hence its division in red/green half-circles and most important, 0-180 degrees on both sides (Instead of 0-360º, as you see the bearing divided in all other views)

The correct dial for bearing is the one with black background, divided in 0-360º, and with another dial above that is the vernier (Indicates 0-10 degrees with each rotation for each 10 degree increment in the main bearing dial). Note how the lower dial has 0-360º in 10 degree increments, while the one above has the scale divided in 0-10.

The correct dial for Angle on the Bow is therefore the one used in SH3-4 for bearing , because as you can see it is also divided in red/green parts and 0-180 scales, not a single 0-360º one. The wording "Bug links" and "Bug rechts" means actually "Bow left" and "Bow right", i.e. which of its sides the TARGET is presenting. The inner dial, with red and green numbers is actually the vernier for that AOB, indicating each degree.

Here is a picture of the TDC with the labels for the correct dials:

karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 05:40 AM   #333
Superbus
Watch

Downloads: 79
Just a quick peek of what KiUBM looks like on video

Thank you for your wonderful torpedo interface. It was the reason I started playing SH4 + UBM again. I couldn't attack with full realism in UBM, but your mod changed everything.

I guess this is my way of saying Thank You:

(this is v2 with karamazov's name spelled right)

It's not the video tutorial you suggest someone would make, just a demo of your magnificient work.

Last edited by Superbus; 02-27-10 at 02:13 PM.
Superbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 01:33 PM   #334
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbus View Post
Thank you for your wonderful torpedo interface. It was the reason I started playing SH4 + UBM again. I couldn't attack with full realism in UBM, but your mod changed everything.

I guess this is my way of saying Thank You:

It's not the video tutorial you suggest someone would make, just a demo of your magnificient work.

Glad you like it Btw, who's this Kazamarov guy? I never could find the time to make a movie and to be honest, I don't even know how
It felt nice seeing it on youtube and now I can show it to my friends , so thanks .
PS, I see you didn't use the latest omegu patch when making the movie, make sure you get it it has an added "lock" visual cue
Old 02-27-10, 01:40 PM   #335
Superbus
Watch

Downloads: 79

Oops, thousand apologies about the name! I feel for you, because I stopped using my real name online long ago - it was always spelled wrong. In my defence, though, I got your name right (karamazovnew) in the youtube-page info box (by accident, probably).

I'll fix it in the video right away.

I downloaded patch 4 (isn't that the latest?) but it got lost somewhere. I have to check that.

+ Edit: Name fixed, video uploaded:

Youtube usually processes the HD version for a few hours.

Last edited by Superbus; 02-27-10 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Addeed link to v2 where karamazov's name is spelled right)
Superbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 03:38 PM   #336
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbus View Post
Oops, thousand apologies about the name! I feel for you, because I stopped using my real name online long ago - it was always spelled wrong. In my defence, though, I got your name right (karamazovnew) in the youtube-page info box (by accident, probably).

I'll fix it in the video right away.

I downloaded patch 4 (isn't that the latest?) but it got lost somewhere. I have to check that.

+ Edit: Name fixed, video uploaded:

Youtube usually processes the HD version for a few hours.

You didn't have to do that , I didn't complain, I just thought it was funny, you have no idea how hard it is for me to give my mail on the phone . "Kar.. WHAT?!". Actually I got stuck with this name a loong time ago after reading "The Brothers Karamazov". I immediately identified myself with Ivan Karamazov, but yahoo had already used up all variants of that name. I had no idea at that time I'd use this for so long and for so many accounts. It pays to have a unique name on the internet

My latest fix can be found in OMEGU Patch 5. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158764

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
OMEGU v300 Patch 5A

Added more voice files to the German Side by Captain von Keldunk

---------------------

Added KiUB Fixes by karamazovnew

Fix:
- solves the Type VII salvo dial problem
- adds the missing label in German for the FAT straight leg
- adds a red ring around the stadimeter button when the target is locked.

------------------------

Added KiUB_English Mod

Replaces all labels with English terms

------------------------

Added OMEGU_English Mod

This mod restores English speech to Uboat crews for those users that don't speak German
Old 03-06-10, 09:59 AM   #337
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109

I can't figure how to insert the code for the renumbering macro into a word document, can you please upload again the document with the macro already built in?

Thanks
Old 03-06-10, 05:48 PM   #338
karamazovnew
The Old Man

[QUOTE=Hitman;1297760]

See if this one works. http://www.filefront.com/15759753/MenuRenumber.docm

This macro only changes the text that you paste inside this file.
1. Copy/Paste the entire text from menu_1024_768.ini file.
2. Go to the Developer Tab (must enable it in the Word Options first) and click on Macros. You'll see the macro in the list.
3. Click Run and enter the page number (G26, G28, G2B, etc.). Then press Renumber. Wait for it to finish (it will take a while).
4. Then select the entire text and paste it on top of the menu_1024_768.ini file.

Yes, it also works for the SH5 page.ini files.

Tell me if it works.
Old 03-07-10, 03:29 AM   #339
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Will give it a try ASAP, thanks

Will it work if I only paste there the section I'm modifying, e.g. G26?
Old 03-08-10, 02:27 AM   #340
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Will give it a try ASAP, thanks

Will it work if I only paste there the section I'm modifying, e.g. G26?
Ofc, but you can also paste in any text. What it does is this:
- you tell it to look for page GXX
- it starts from the beginning of the file and searches for "[GXX I"
- then it replaces the following number with an incremental value (starting from 1) until it finishes the entire document

That's why you shouldn't have commented items in your file and they should be pretty much in order. Also, you only need to bother to rename copy/pasted items so that they have the proper page number:

[G27 I103]
[G27 I82]
[G27 I82]
[G27 I102]

is ok, but

[G27 I103]
[G27 I82]
;[G27 I82]
[G27 I102]

is not and neither is

[G27 I103]
[G27 I82]
[G26 I82]
[G27 I102]

It won't bug the macro, but it will bug the game
Old 03-11-10, 04:52 AM   #341
Seabass
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

This interface rocks.

It confounded me at first, but after playing with it for a bit, I loaded up the OM convoy tutorial and sunk both merchants from 4.8km with two single shots on first try. My comfort zone for vanilla SH4 was 1.5 to maybe ~2km. Lol.

Anyway, nice work Karamazov. Might be just a tad overpowered though
Old 03-11-10, 10:09 AM   #342
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Can't open the document with Word 2003, codification not recognized

[EDIT] I have no Word 2003 at my home system, it's the one in my office and it is installed in the net or whatever (I'm just another user, not the admin), does it have something to do with that?
Old 03-19-10, 06:37 PM   #343
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Can't open the document with Word 2003, codification not recognized

[EDIT] I have no Word 2003 at my home system, it's the one in my office and it is installed in the net or whatever (I'm just another user, not the admin), does it have something to do with that?
Ups, sorry for the delay... I think it's a Visual Basic problem. It's included in Word 2007, no idea about 2003...
Old 04-02-10, 09:18 PM   #344
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

Yes I'm having trouble opening the documentation as well- I downloaded the Word conversion pack for 2003 and the docs won't open - I'll try the 2007 pack, but does the AOBF work just like the one in OLC Gold Gui for GWX?? I've used that before and it looks very similar. anyways, is the documentation available in a non-WORD format? Thanks for the awesome mod.

update: yeah 2007 converter pack doesn't work either - any other way to view these docs?
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 03:56 PM   #345
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

ok I opened the documentation on an old macbook pro that still had word installed on it, but now I'm confused about ship height. In the user guide, it looks like you line up a little grey line in the stadimeter tool to get the "height". It says:

"As you can see the ship is about 11.2 degrees high."

But, the ship is not 11.2 degrees high, since the tallest mast looks to be just under 8 degrees on the next page - so is this an error in the guide, or am I to understand that you get the ship's "height" from seeing where that grey marking line lines up with the degree marks (while the mirror image's water line is lined up with the tallest mast of the real ship image)?
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote