SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-10, 09:01 AM   #241
Chubster
Beach Leaf

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

Hi guys...is this hosted anywhere else? I have tried twice now to download and not only does it take an age 20 minutes on a fast broadband connection when I did eventually get it winrar said it was corrupt?

Chubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 09:47 AM   #242
Chubster
Beach Leaf

Downloads: 162

Ok, just got this downloaded (how many cups of tea later) and it has extracted this time.

Off for some luvliness
Chubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 09:37 PM   #243
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Does Real Environment include the explosion special effects and debris effects that were in PE4?
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 12:43 AM   #244
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Wait does this work with TMO and RSRD ?? Its the only mods I have installed.. And I WOULD LOVE THE HELL OUT OF THIS MOD!! It adds so much to the immersion.. THANKS
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 05:12 AM   #245
TopcatWA
Navy Dude

Downloads: 36

I will give this mod a try & see how my graphics speed goes.
Thanks for the upload.
03.Sobers_Better_Rocks & Sand
04.Small_Nav_Tools_w_Chrono
05.Brit_MkVIII_US_Mk28_Torps
06.ROW Sound effects.v.9/Enviromental 5.0
O/S Win10 Pro 64-Bit/Intel 64xQuad Core
CPU i7-4790+3.60 Ghz 32gig RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX-1650 Ti
TopcatWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 05:55 PM   #246
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Been running this mod over TMO and RSDRC and am loving it.

I have one question about night storms though. Last time I was on the bridge in a heavy storm at night, I noticed that the cloud layer was slightly transparent. I could see some stars behind the cloud and it was 15kt wind, heavy rain and heavy fog. SHouldn't I not be able to see much beyond my own sub? Is this a RE mod thing or a vanilla weather thing?

It's not noticeable during daytime storms, just nighttime.
Old 10-12-10, 11:54 PM   #247
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I wouldn't run it over TMORSRD. It doe's effect sensors, visuals, ect. TMO ha env 5 with additional parts of real env and PE4. To what degree it effect it I couldn't say, but TMO is tweaked to work with Env 5. It's the changes you're not aware of that could result in the enemy responding different than what he would.

Still, not the end of the world, won't crash your game and I ran it over TMO for a long time, I just don't trust it with all the changes now with TMO2.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10, 10:05 AM   #248
Galanti
Captain

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I wouldn't run it over TMORSRD. It doe's effect sensors, visuals, ect. TMO ha env 5 with additional parts of real env and PE4. To what degree it effect it I couldn't say, but TMO is tweaked to work with Env 5. It's the changes you're not aware of that could result in the enemy responding different than what he would.

Still, not the end of the world, won't crash your game and I ran it over TMO for a long time, I just don't trust it with all the changes now with TMO2.
Absoutely perfect advice. The visibility ranges in basic Real Env are a little goofy, so the supermods (TMO2 and RFB) have incorporated balancing tweaks so that you're not being picked up at 9000 yards in dense fog.
Galanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10, 04:01 PM   #249
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'll get rid of RE for now. Just FYI, I'm running the last TMO compatible with 1.4. I don't have uboat addon. On that note, does the uboat addon/gold edition fix a lot of the missing speech files?

Still wondering about my original question, RE or not....is it normal to see stars through the clouds at night during a heavy storm?
Old 10-13-10, 10:58 PM   #250
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I don't recall seeing stars in heavy storms. Maybe a few, but usually on the horizon. The stars do rotate correctly and fade on the horizon on one end, come up on the other. I think sometimes when they near the horizon a few show. Also, a lot depends on what video settings you have. If you enable enviromental effects, light filters, fog, you'll see a lot less to nothing.

I did run RE with TMO 1.4. I didn't see that it effected sensors much, but I don't trust it with TMO2, so you're probably fine. Again, shouldn't hurt anything but possible sensors and visuals, could by better or worse, but no one has compared the values. That's why most scorn on using other env mods not included with the supermod, as the env mod for the supermod is tweaked to work with it in a realistic fashion.

As for speech files, I don't know which ones are missing that gold would correct. There are several sound mods that fix some speech issues. You may enjoy Pouls sound mod with EAX, adds lot's of sounds and changes the depth and tone of the sound.

Last edited by Armistead; 10-13-10 at 11:54 PM.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 06:52 PM   #251
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11
Default heavy storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'll get rid of RE for now. Just FYI, I'm running the last TMO compatible with 1.4. I don't have uboat addon. On that note, does the uboat addon/gold edition fix a lot of the missing speech files?

Still wondering about my original question, RE or not....is it normal to see stars through the clouds at night during a heavy storm?
I have the same thing.
Using SH 4 v1.5
RFB latest ver
other stuff

When I first noticed them, I thought they were lighthouses or something (I was in heavy rain and overcast).
Its very odd.

TorpX
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 08:54 PM   #252
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

I think it is a stock problem. Tried with environment mods and without. The problem is that cloud graphics are not thick enough at night to cover up the stars. Kind of an immersion breaker but I can live with it. Stormy weather looks great in the day but not at night.
Old 12-08-10, 06:57 PM   #253
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Default Environment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
I think it is a stock problem. Tried with environment mods and without. The problem is that cloud graphics are not thick enough at night to cover up the stars. Kind of an immersion breaker but I can live with it. Stormy weather looks great in the day but not at night.
The 'stars' in the overcast don't bother me that much either. However, It seems that I'm in rough seas most of the time, day after day with 15m/s winds and waves crashing over the bridge. Is this realistic? Mind you, it doesn't slow us down much.

I'm guessing these environmental factors don't affect torpedo performance?
Old 12-09-10, 07:39 AM   #254
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Are you running any mods? Some mods will tweak how often weather conditions will change. I'm running TMO2.0. I think the rate of weather change is very good in TMO and sporadic so it isn't predictable.

Sea conditions do in fact have an effect on torpedo performance. I would advise against using the "contact influence" setting in rough seas. You will get a lot of premature detonations. And I think it 's harder for the AI to spot torpedo wakes in rough seas. Shouldn't effect speed from what I can tell.
Old 12-10-10, 11:04 PM   #255
TorpX
Silent Hunter

I'm running RFB 2.0 and RSRDC along with some minor mods. The weather will change rapidly at times, it just seems biased in favor of 15 m/s winds and rough seas. In SHCE a S-boat could barely crawl in heavy seas, but in this game it seems like it's mostly for visual effect. I've only played S-boats so far, maybe its different for the fleet boats. It doesn't seem to be well modeled though.