SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-11, 07:40 AM   #1576
morj_uk
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default Keep getting smashed

Ok. uninstalled all my other mods, and went for this one. However , i'm fairly new at this. I torpedoed a destroyer and sank it then set sail with my tail between my legs as in hot pursuit were 2 other destroyers. Now.. these things are sticking to me like dog poo to the sole of your shoe could not shake them off. Now, not only that, there are now 8 of them. After a day of being peppered (unsuccessfully i might add) with depth charges i eventually ran out of Oxygen. In this massive thread somewhere is a way to change this difficulty so you can get rid of the poo easier. can any one help me out!!?? Please
Morgs
morj_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:22 AM   #1577
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by morj_uk View Post
Ok. uninstalled all my other mods, and went for this one. However , i'm fairly new at this. I torpedoed a destroyer and sank it then set sail with my tail between my legs as in hot pursuit were 2 other destroyers. Now.. these things are sticking to me like dog poo to the sole of your shoe could not shake them off. Now, not only that, there are now 8 of them. After a day of being peppered (unsuccessfully i might add) with depth charges i eventually ran out of Oxygen. In this massive thread somewhere is a way to change this difficulty so you can get rid of the poo easier. can any one help me out!!?? Please
Morgs
Unfortunatly you've stumbled upon SH5's greatest flaw and a major part of what makes it currently unplayable. In certain situations, once the AI has a lock on you that lock is permanent, until you save and reload the game. This of course completely destroys the immersion factor and thus ruins the game. I know that The Dark Wraith has worked fantastically hard on an AI Mod, which you may wanna try. That's located here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171973

I'm not sure if this truly fixes that problem, it may be hardcoded (meaning it's only correctable by the development team that created SH5, that would be bad and mean that SH5 is truly dead for me). Hopefully it is fixable. I believe The Dark Wraith is working on an update for his Magnum Opus that contains a myriad of improvements and hopefully this version will make SH5 playable at last. Can't wait!

Last edited by The General; 07-14-11 at 09:34 AM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 10:35 PM   #1578
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87

Sorry to report I have the upright oil slick problem, they seem to follow the sub around sometimes too. Also hilarious light shafts shining through the faces of the two interactable characters (engineer and mission commander) in the sub pen Also getting a fair few CTDs.

Haven't seen a fix anywhere but never hurts to bug report.

Last edited by 0rpheus; 07-18-11 at 02:09 AM.
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 01:53 AM   #1579
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by morj_uk View Post
In this massive thread somewhere is a way to change this difficulty so you can get rid of the poo easier. can any one help me out!!?? Please
Morgs
As reported by The General above the IRAI is a good suggestion since the values for the various hazards are adjustable.

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 02:04 AM   #1580
trebby
Medic

Downloads: 210

Hi guys,

After installing via JGSME MO plus patch, I get a funny grey "popup" shield in harbour. It is divided in 2 black windows with an unclickble "ok".
Then on the grey part below it gives 3 clickable but not responding alternatives OK, ACCEPT and eehhrm CANCEL. No other mods installed, no such prob on vanilla.

I cannot interact with fregattencaptain for missionorders ect. No probs single mission (what I played thusfar)...

Any clues? Cheers, Trebb.
Old 07-19-11, 09:35 AM   #1581
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Any idea what the big pink splotch that appears when you've sunk a ship is? Sometimes it seems to rest on the waves, other times it seems to float about conning tower height, giving everything below the deck crew's eye-level a pink tinge!
Old 07-19-11, 10:51 AM   #1582
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
Any idea what the big pink splotch that appears when you've sunk a ship is? Sometimes it seems to rest on the waves, other times it seems to float about conning tower height, giving everything below the deck crew's eye-level a pink tinge!
It's the flare's reflection on the water. Look high up in the sky and you'll see a red flare burning (if the unit fired off a flare before being destroyed). This comes from the FX_Update mod.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 11:48 AM   #1583
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Oh, I see! Thanks TDW

Any idea on what causes the oil slick glitch then? Looks like one of those hair-tearing recurring issues that just won't go away!
Old 07-19-11, 12:22 PM   #1584
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Oh, I see! Thanks TDW

Any idea on what causes the oil slick glitch then? Looks like one of those hair-tearing recurring issues that just won't go away!
What's wrong with the oil slicks? I fixed them in the last FX_Update version. Are you using that version?
Old 07-19-11, 01:19 PM   #1585
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
What's wrong with the oil slicks? I fixed them in the last FX_Update version. Are you using that version?
Same standing vertical reported in this thread before, also vertical ones following the boat about. I'm not using anything beyond what's in the OM mod as on the front page, I think someone mentioned that before but I thought I read in the OM docs that it was included already, so I thought I'd better not install it twice?

Same with the uboat CTD fix, that's included too isn't it? Or should I be getting that as well? I'm a bit new to SH5 modding, so sorry if these are dumb questions!

Current JSGME list:

Magnum Opus 0 0 1
Magnum Opus v0 0 1
Magnum Opus patch2
Arclight MRP
Critical hits 1.1 torpedos
TDW DC water Disturbance
Open Horizons II light
Old 07-19-11, 01:29 PM   #1586
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Same standing vertical reported in this thread before, also vertical ones following the boat about. I'm not using anything beyond what's in the OM mod as on the front page, I think someone mentioned that before but I thought I read in the OM docs that it was included already, so I thought I'd better not install it twice?

Same with the uboat CTD fix, that's included too isn't it? Or should I be getting that as well? I'm a bit new to SH5 modding, so sorry if these are dumb questions!

Current JSGME list:

Magnum Opus 0 0 1
Magnum Opus v0 0 1
Magnum Opus patch2
Arclight MRP
Critical hits 1.1 torpedos
TDW DC water Disturbance
Open Horizons II light
the uboat CTD fix hasn't changed in version so there's no need to install it again. The FX_Update mod has changed in version since MO so it's ok to install again (after MO)
Old 07-19-11, 01:39 PM   #1587
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Fair enough, I'll get that now then. Good to know the uboat fix is in there, must be something else wonky though as I still get the occasional CTD... though it's starting to see like that's the norm for this game even with a perfect installation!
Old 07-19-11, 01:44 PM   #1588
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
I still get the occasional CTD... though it's starting to see like that's the norm for this game even with a perfect installation!
No,
This game can run without ctds if you have the correct setup.
Old 07-19-11, 02:15 PM   #1589
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
No,
This game can run without ctds if you have the correct setup.
Argh, wonder what's causing it then? Must be something in OM you think? How frustrating lol :P
Old 07-19-11, 02:32 PM   #1590
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Argh, wonder what's causing it then? Must be something in OM you think? How frustrating lol :P
I wish I could say what causes them for some, but could be lots of things

If you use a good mod list from users who have spent time getting them right - you should then follow the "SH how to avoid ctds" rule book.
  1. never run TC over 1024
  2. never run TC over 64 when close to land
  3. install mods in bunker (unless stated ok not to)
  4. never save/load when ships are within 30km
  5. never save/load when underwater
  6. learn what the mods you install do and what files they change
EDIT: Sorry TDW for this OT