SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-10, 07:55 PM   #346
dfscott
Bosun

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Having a weird problem with SH3 Commander Crew Management.

While I can pull up my crew and look at them, all the buttons are disabled and I can't award anything to anyone. The only buttons that work are Close and Crew List at the bottom.

Could this be because I updated my crew from within SH3? I've uninstalled and re-installed SH3 Commander. I'm running stock SH3 with just a couple of graphic mods (just tga file overlays -- nothing fancy).
dfscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 02:21 AM   #347
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Screenshot please.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 01:40 PM   #348
dfscott
Bosun

Downloads: 49

Sorry, I'd already uninstalled SH3 and SH3 Cmdr in preparation to switching over to GWX. I'll be trying it again tonight and if the problem occurs again, I'll ss it and post it.
dfscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 02:49 PM   #349
krashkart
Navy Seal

Downloads: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfscott View Post
Having a weird problem with SH3 Commander Crew Management.

While I can pull up my crew and look at them, all the buttons are disabled and I can't award anything to anyone. The only buttons that work are Close and Crew List at the bottom.

Could this be because I updated my crew from within SH3? I've uninstalled and re-installed SH3 Commander. I'm running stock SH3 with just a couple of graphic mods (just tga file overlays -- nothing fancy).
Was your boat out to sea at the time? Ordinarily the crew can only be managed in Commander while you are between patrols.
Old 04-24-10, 09:07 PM   #350
AHS Centaur RIP
Watch

Downloads: 34

Greetings. Wow, was I ever surprised a new version of Commander was released. I was using was vers 3.00.161 for years now and thought final. Overjoyed is an understatement, it's now version 5.00. I could hardly believe it. Thank you so much.

I just have one question though, Is the latest one compatible with WAC 4.1, because the last ones wern't apparently?

Kind regards.

Last edited by AHS Centaur RIP; 04-24-10 at 10:30 PM.
AHS Centaur RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 10:26 PM   #351
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHS Centaur RIP View Post
...it's now version 5.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHS Centaur RIP View Post
Is the latest one compatible with WAC 4.1, because the last ones wern't apparently?

Actually, the question should be the other way around - is WAC 4.1 compatible with SH3Cmdr R3.2? And to that, I can only say, I have no idea. Perhaps ask the question in the WAC 4.1 sticky thread.
Old 04-25-10, 02:25 AM   #352
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

On my Windows 7 64bit box I'm not able to run SH3 without first running a resolution changer program. Starting SH3 directly, or via SH3 commander simply results in a "Can not initialize 3D engine" error.

This seems to prevent SH3 Commander from making all the changes, or at least not being able to rollback.

Anyone else in the same boat as me having to use the 12noon Display changer and have some hints for getting it to work with SH3 Commander?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 04:32 AM   #353
AHS Centaur RIP
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post

Actually, the question should be the other way around - is WAC 4.1 compatible with SH3Cmdr R3.2? And to that, I can only say, I have no idea. Perhaps ask the question in the WAC 4.1 sticky thread.

Thank you for your reply JScones, Yes you are right. Ill ask in WAC thread about it, but I think is an unresloved question there. I know been reports Commander is or isn't compatible, it's now natorious for, which why I said "apparently". I am sure we all missed such wonderful Commander, and in the newest version I hoped may solve is my question, but your right the mods compatability.
Kind regards,

Last edited by AHS Centaur RIP; 04-26-10 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-25-10, 09:26 PM   #354
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7

I may, or may not, be having a Commander-related problem (the original question was posed here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=168411)

My question about Commander is this: my understanding from having read the manual is that, if you've started SHIII using Commander then exit the game, you don't have to restart the game using Commander as until I rollback (either manually or automatically) the changed settings are stored.

If I start SHIII using Commander and once the game has loaded, but prior to clicking on mission start, I then exit the game then restart SHIII direct, are the Commander changes still saved?
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 02:44 AM   #355
AHS Centaur RIP
Watch

Greetings,
I have a quick question please. Is it right Commander should not be installed in the program files folder, is wrong place to put it?
Best wishes, Centaur
Old 04-30-10, 03:00 AM   #356
JScones
Navy Seal

Best not to if you are running Vista or Windows 7.
Old 04-30-10, 11:01 AM   #357
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post
I may, or may not, be having a Commander-related problem (the original question was posed here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=168411)

My question about Commander is this: my understanding from having read the manual is that, if you've started SHIII using Commander then exit the game, you don't have to restart the game using Commander as until I rollback (either manually or automatically) the changed settings are stored.

If I start SHIII using Commander and once the game has loaded, but prior to clicking on mission start, I then exit the game then restart SHIII direct, are the Commander changes still saved?
I think the answer is yes for each question. An easy way to check if this is so is to load one change via CMDR (say a time compression change) and see if it is the loaded game after it starts.
From reading your prior thread, it looks like you have incompatibilities in your mods causing the problem.
Old 05-01-10, 08:18 AM   #358
JMV
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 179

Question to JScones :

If instead of assigning a normal Kaleun name for my subsim carrier, I decide
I would like to give a Greek Mythological name. Would it be possible when I open SH3 ?
I suppose of course, that those names have to be written somewhere in some file.

Can you tell me :
1- If it's possible
2- What file(s) have to be modified and how
3- Some picture of ANY Kaleun would have to be associated with the Greek name.

Thank you JS.
JMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 08:26 AM   #359
JScones
Navy Seal

Enter whatever name or text you like in SH3Cmdr - there's no rule that you must enter a Germanic or "normal" name.
Old 05-01-10, 08:32 AM   #360
JMV
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 179

Sorry, but I'm in no way a modder, can you please tell me what file has to be modified and how...

Thank you.
JMV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sh3 commander