Closed Thread

Old 01-09-17, 10:22 AM   #181
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
you also have to the right to a speedy trial and a good hangin depending on the severatity of your Treason.
'You're either with us or you're with the enemy.'

Beautiful stuff yubba, will you be attending the lynchings personally or will you wait for the highlights on Brietbart?
Old 01-09-17, 12:24 PM   #182
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

On H2(More to History) there's a series "How States got their shapes" Today I saw 1/3 of this episode It was about Washington DC

What catch my ears and eyes was that the habitants in that state doesn't have the right to vote.

This was new to me, I thought that every American citizens in and outside USA had the right to vote in the American Presidential or other referendum.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 01-09-17, 01:26 PM   #183
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
2 weeks,, lefties,, either go long or go home.. Have a good time with the million or so Bikers that will be in DC for Trumps swearing in,, as soon as Trumps hand touches that Bible,,, and if you choose not to get with the program and act like Americans you'll be labeled domestic terrorist just like you did to me and other fellow Americans like me, see elections do have consequences you should have put up a better canidate, I suppose you have the right to rebel and do what you think is right, but you also have to the right to a speedy trial and a good hangin depending on the severatity of your Treason.
Did you escape again? Please don't forget your pills this time but I think it's already too ate.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-09-17, 01:28 PM   #184
Oberon
Lucky Jack

They walk amongst us!

Meanwhile, more Democrat spies and furreners:
http://www.areyousorryyet.com/
Old 01-09-17, 01:28 PM   #185
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
'You're either with us or you're with the enemy.'

Beautiful stuff yubba, will you be attending the lynchings personally or will you wait for the highlights on Brietbart?
I bet that's how some of the Folks in England feel,, Lynching is pretty much what the democrats KKK brothern did in the past, they are so desperate to change their history, and it probably won't be long till you folks have public stonings there in Piccadilly Square, will you be attending or will you get the highlights on BBC..., I did say a speedy trial I should have added fare but I wanted to see who'd be the first to take it out of context, we do have a winner,, I remember putting up pictures of communist nazis,, and islamist executing people the moderaters got all upset,,, did those folk get their day in court ???? Yes I can see how the Law and a law abiding people look extreme to criminals.
Old 01-09-17, 01:32 PM   #186
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Did you escape again? Please don't forget your pills this time but I think it's already too ate.

you got some,,, you must have some pretty good stuff to deny the last 8 years be a bro and share...
Old 01-09-17, 01:34 PM   #187
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
On H2(More to History) there's a series "How States got their shapes" Today I saw 1/3 of this episode It was about Washington DC

What catch my ears and eyes was that the habitants in that state doesn't have the right to vote.

This was new to me, I thought that every American citizens in and outside USA had the right to vote in the American Presidential or other referendum.

Markus
They may have got it wrong, or you may have misunderstood. What the District of Columbia does not have is representation in Congress. The reason is that after having met in various locations under the Articles of Confederation, the new government under the Constitution decided they didn't want the National Capital to be in any state, so no state could have the bragging rights over all the others. Maryland and Virginia donated land to make the new Capital a giant diamond. Eventually only the northern (Maryland) side was used. Since the District is not part of any state, it doesn't have senators or congressmen.

For a long time the residents of DC could not vote for President. Originally this was because the Constitution specifies that it is the States who vote for President, not the People. The State Legislatures appointed the electors, in any manner they chose. With more and more States having their citizens voting for the electors, it was decided that the citizens of DC should not be excluded, and in 1961 the 23rd Amendment gave DC three Electoral Votes.

Citizens of the District of Columbia have a delegate to the Congress. Though he cannot vote in final lawmaking he can vote on what bills are to be admitted for consideration. They have no Senator, but they do vote for President.
Old 01-09-17, 02:05 PM   #188
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I bet that's how some of the Folks in England feel,, Lynching is pretty much what the democrats KKK brothern did in the past, they are so desperate to change their history, and it probably won't be long till you folks have public stonings there in Piccadilly Square, will you be attending or will you get the highlights on BBC..., I did say a speedy trial I should have added fare but I wanted to see who'd be the first to take it out of context, we do have a winner,, I remember putting up pictures of communist nazis,, and islamist executing people the moderaters got all upset,,, did those folk get their day in court ???? Yes I can see how the Law and a law abiding people look extreme to criminals.
Absolutely brother, In'shallah we will bring the liberal commuslim empire to you all. You will all submit to Comrade Allah.
Old 01-09-17, 02:29 PM   #189
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:

Markus
Residents in the District of Colombia do have the right to vote in presidential
elections. They obtained it in 1961, however they don't have representation in congress because the Sole purpose of the District of Colombia is to be the Capitol, it has no other purpose.
Old 01-09-17, 02:49 PM   #190
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Markus
Actually Washington DC isn't a state, it's just a District and they do have the right to vote in Presidential elections although they don't have Senators and Congressmen to represent them. In this they join territories such as Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa and a bunch of other small territorial possessions.

Referendums are created by the local state or territorial government and as such are specific to that body. I've never seen a ballot question that was on the ballot in all 50 states.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 01-09-17, 04:18 PM   #191
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Taxation without representation as it states on DC license plates. The folks in DC have been fighting that for decades.
Old 01-09-17, 04:25 PM   #192
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Hillary Clinton may be running for Mayor of New York.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-hil...persist-2017-1
What would it look like if she lost?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-09-17, 05:48 PM   #193
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
What would it look like if she lost?
That's a good point. She'd be running the risk of becoming a failure cliche' if she lost that one too.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 01-09-17, 05:57 PM   #194
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Thank you, Sailor Steve, MaDef and August for helping me understand what I misunderstood in todays episode of How States got their Shapes.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 01-09-17, 06:49 PM   #195
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

I do hope they have fire extinguishers at the Inauguration at the ready in the event Trump's hand should burst into flames when he puts it on the Bible...

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter