SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-31-10, 07:56 AM   #16
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Well, an update with the latest know-how will be more than enough. IMO.

The DC-shake mod and the Seabed repair +the LRT in one sound like a good idea!

Maybe variable repair times by utilizing SH3Comander

As for the Dive-planes...well the early NYGM version had them (the Screws, and the Torp-tubes too) connected to the Coning tower. It was a nice workaround but bugged the hell outta me since not all equipment should be accessible from outside only!

Lets see first where the new breakthrough will take us!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 01:24 PM   #17
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
tomfon, I will try to implement your idea into the next version if possible.
That is really cool, Drifter. Thank you.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 01:33 PM   #18
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post

As for the Dive-planes...well the early NYGM version had them (the Screws, and the Torp-tubes too) connected to the Coning tower. It was a nice workaround but bugged the hell outta me since not all equipment should be accessible from outside only!
Hi, Myxale!

I believe that assigning the dive planes to the conning tower is fair enough since they weren't accessible from the interior. To be honest, this was more of a guess for me rather than a solid knowledge thus it is nice to hear that the NYGM team incorporated the idea in their mod. Also, i believe that the endurance of the dive planes to depth charges should be increased a little bit.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 12:07 PM   #19
Doc_Rapture
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 60

Okay, stupid question time...

Where is the .zon file for the Bismarck, or any ship infact? Sorry, for commenting on such an old thread and i don't expect to get a reply but i would like to apply the 'fix' as its annoying now

Thanks in advance
Doc_Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-13, 12:36 PM   #20
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

when in doubt start a new thread.
however to answer your question look in the submarine file for playable subs and sea foldier for everything else. the author of this tread though was using a multiplayer mod IIRC
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-16, 12:39 PM   #21
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

hmm i was going to ask you guys about that....for instance after two compartments destroyed i get instant death and i hate that.....can i change it?
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 11:25 AM   #22
MrVlexKati
Seaman

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by audessy View Post
After about 10 hours of messing with variables I finally figured it out. Although it is an awkward way of making it happen I have finally found a solution.

I'm currently playing Chinese U-47's Warship mod with GWX 3.0. After having fun for a while it was disappointing to engage another battleship and having them go boom really soon and it was over or likewise.

When a compartment is destroyed it's automatically game over FYI. No mods that I know of have completely defeated this in SH3. Only suppressed it to a less annoying level.

I'm probably not releasing a file. Though it is easy enough to do yourself. This way there will be no conflicts with your installations.

The logic is, not to have compartments flood at all. Instead use the equipment to cause flooding.

I'll explain what I did.

1. I used skwas silent 3ditor to edit the .zon file of my Bismarck. I gave it a small amount of armor around 10, about 2 million hitpoints. To make your ship destroyed finally you must set the CrashDepth to a shallow number like 50. Set the crash speed to a number relative to your hitpoints. 250,000+ in my case would cause it to take that damage every second below 50m.

2. Open zones.cfg in silenthunterIII\data with notepad. Use the find tool (ctrl+f) to find "uboat". In here you'll find your rooms and quarters that flood and bring you death. Set them to a ridiculous amount of hitpoints and armor so they can't be destroyed (for sub users wanting realism: adjust as you see fit). Also set flotability to 0.

3. Once done with that go back through everything under "uboat" in zones.cfg and find equipment that you would like to cause flooding. I noticed my engines, compressor, and pumps were being damaged most so I chose them. Give them flotability. I used flotability=25. You may want to experiment and change these values later.

Try it out with a basic mission.

Here's a screenshot of my results.

This is my bissy sinking with... most of my crew still alive. Thank you Mr. HMS Revenge

At 416 meters still alive I thought to myself "Hmm... maybe I should've set the crashspeed".

WARNING: Here's the drawback. You can't see your flooding state. Your ship will start to list without you knowing unless you're on the bridge, in the command room or in external view.

I hope some more professional modders out there can make use of this info. Just thought I'd take a break from dissecting sh3 and share this with you.
Hey! i know this thread issss ooold but maybe u still there and answer me, i edit the zone.cfg of the ship, and then in SH3/data the zone.cfg. in the single mission, everytime my engine get destoryed i am instant dead. What did i wrong?
MrVlexKati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 07:58 PM   #23
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Since the thread is "light years old" as you also mention, I suggest you make a new post to get adequate help. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195 Mod. Plz lock the thread!

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote