SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-27-15, 03:10 PM   #1
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0
Default ONE DAY TRYING SILENT HUNTER 5

Perhaps this publication correspond forum make the Silent Hunter 5. However, I wanted to share it with those who like me have used Silent Hunter 3, and do not want change for the latest version of the Battle of the Atlantic. The learning SH3 in management was relatively easy for me, everything seems fine at hand and clearly visible. When installing SH5 immediately I realized the remarkable change it represents. Graphics more demanding forced me to lower the resolution of the game prevent mousse arrow moves with certain idle. Everything is changed from the SH3, so if the new SH5 is adopted no choice but to retrain again from the beginning. All functions have changed location and appearance, and the operation is complicated. The U-boat commander has come to life and can now be seen lounging although its appearance is so unfortunate and seems much more the pirate Blackbeard that an officer of the Kriegsmarine. It is not possible to dive speed and jump off the bridge to the control room, nor can order the immersion of the submarine being on the bridge, you have to open the hatch, down to the turret and from there to the control room and then from there arrange diving. Then begins the desperate search of where each function to activate it, and that if, remains the need to move the dolls one by one from one compartment to another, it was not any evolution. Trying to find the main menu of the "Naval Academy" I could not find it, to practice with the submarine before immerse myself in a mission. Simple missions were replaced by historical missions, and when you select the Convoy PQ17, mission that had taken place several times in calm waters SH3 a veritable shooting gallery in the SH5 the sea was very rough and there was no trace of the PQ17. Finally I remembered because I had uninstalled the Silent Hunter III and did the same with the SH5. My humble opinion is that those who like to keep SH3, or even use SH4 with the mod "Battle of the Atlantic", but perhaps disappointment with SH5. Thank You So Much.
jorgegonzalito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 05:05 PM   #2
CjStaal
Seaman

Downloads: 15

I could not follow what you're saying at all.
CjStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 07:01 PM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi jorgegonzalito

You did not explain in your SH5 game experience what interface if any you where using.

Were you playing the stock game?
If so I can understand your comments.
SH5 gamers know that you have to have mods and TDW's Generic File Patcher and Options File Editor Viewer to get this game to a reasonable standard.

We do not have the excellent GWX or SH3 commander.

We do have the next best thing in The Wolves Of Steel mega mod and this has taken SH5 to a totally different level of game play.
Importantly with TWOS there is more to look forward to as it is constantly refined, updated and newly constructed items added.

Quote > It is not possible to dive speed and jump off the bridge to the control room, nor can order the immersion of the submarine being on the bridge, you have to open the hatch, down to the turret and from there to the control room and then from there arrange diving.

This is totally inaccurate as teleporting is a feature when using TDW NewUI mods 7-5-0 and 7-4-2
This can all be done by using the games icons or hotkeys.

My tutorial post #27 has all the crew commands from the crew icons explained.

The whole point of taking on a new game is to learn how to use it or at least ask those with the gaming experience how to get the best out of the game.

It seems in your case that you just dipped your toe in the water.

As someone who plays SH3-4-5 all of which I have found enjoyable with the right set ups, each having something different to offer.

I respect them all having done my homework on each one so I understood what I was taking on.

Ubisoft must carry the can for producing a poorly presented SH5 game to the gamer.
The modders here at Subsim have worked hard over the years to give us something that we can now start to be proud of.

As you said "One day trying SH5" tells me that you never understood what you were taking on.

Just a pity you did not ask some questions or asked for help.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 08:42 PM   #4
jorgegonzalito
Officer

I just mentioned my personal opinion about Silent Hunter 5, and my conclusion is that simply did not like the changes to the SH3. Now I am about to install the SH4, which is quite similar to the SH3 and is probably the version with which I definitely stay.
Old 07-28-15, 05:36 AM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi jorgegonzalito

SH4 is also very good.

I particularly like the American boats as an alternative to the German ones in SH3 and 5.

Make sure you get a good interface Like GFO,RFB or TMO etc there are some good ones, and also, mods that work very well with them.

Have a look at the threads as it may save you a lot of time in the long term from making mistakes.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 11:00 AM   #6
jorgegonzalito
Officer

So I will mate, thank you very much!