SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-10-10, 07:19 AM   #2761
Wojak10
Nub

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpender View Post
Wow - that's a lot of mods!

It appears your install order is correct but you should not need the Medals_Fix or the IJN_Radar_Fix. The medals work properly in TMO 2.0 and the radar data for IJN ships is superceded by RSRDC and Tater's fixes. Otherwise, should work fine. Happy hunting!

Nice set of what ? Should like to thank the modders in this place so that we can enjoy efficient and a great campaign

I wonder if you can throw something else into fashion Poul - Sound for SH4 and TMO ?

I'm having trouble keeping track of contact when you point out that the officer gives the sonar bearing only once and not repeats of new contacts (whether near or far, or at the surface or under water) and maybe I'm doing something wrong

Last edited by Wojak10; 12-10-10 at 07:29 AM.
Wojak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-10, 10:05 AM   #2762
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262
Default Losing Map Contacts

I'm playing TMO2.0 with map contacts 'ON.' Recently I've noticed that when I try to zoom in close the contact on the map, the contact disappears on the three highest zoom levels. Did I break something in the mod? All that's laid over TMO is TMO beta patch, RSRD, associated official patches and sound mods.

Does TMO2.0 beta take away map contacts at close range on purpose?
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-10, 09:43 PM   #2763
rein1705
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
I'm playing TMO2.0 with map contacts 'ON.' Recently I've noticed that when I try to zoom in close the contact on the map, the contact disappears on the three highest zoom levels. Did I break something in the mod? All that's laid over TMO is TMO beta patch, RSRD, associated official patches and sound mods.

FOTRS is like that too. They just vanish unless its a visual contact. Airplanes will disappear as well.

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...
rein1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-10, 12:43 AM   #2764
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

I couldnt post my load out even if I wanted to. I get so upset with sh4 most of the time. I have tmo 2.0 and been with tmo since 1.5 and its been the only mod I have had enabled. I like authinticity and realism so I thought id give othe mods with tmo together. but unfortunatly I find myself potralling and never ever finding any contacts what so ever for weeks on in a single patrol. so t he game has been very boring aside from the graphics and real environment mods and all. if you wondering what all mods I have I couldnt tell you much. I think tmo 2.0,fotrs, uh the larger optics mods and a couple other I cant remember. if anybody has any suggestions for me that would be great.
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-10, 07:14 AM   #2765
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rein1705 View Post
FOTRS is like that too. They just vanish unless its a visual contact. Airplanes will disappear as well.
These are definitely visual contacts in "visual range" but they still disappear.
Old 12-14-10, 10:40 AM   #2766
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:

No but I found some of the ships from RSRD don't have the DOT display
when you zoom in. This fixable but I'm not at home PC to give you that
fix. I'm sure someone else will read this and reply.
Old 12-14-10, 12:27 PM   #2767
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
No but I found some of the ships from RSRD don't have the DOT display
when you zoom in. This fixable but I'm not at home PC to give you that
fix. I'm sure someone else will read this and reply.
Aha! That would definitely explain it. It isn't every ship but only some. I'm definitely interested in the fix if you have time. I am running RSRDC.
Old 12-14-10, 12:44 PM   #2768
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Aha! That would definitely explain it. It isn't every ship but only some. I'm definitely interested in the fix if you have time. I am running RSRDC.
Uninstall RSRD. Open up the RSRD mod folder, and go into the Data folder, and down into Sea. Each ship has it's own folder there. Pick a ship from TMO that is not in RSRD. Copy the <whatever>_shp.dds file from the folder, and put it into the folder for the ship without the dot. Rename it to match the new ship. You will have to do this for each ship that doesn't display on the map. Reinstall RSRD.

Use with caution, always make backups, not responsible if it makes your dog crazy, do not operate heavy machinery while driving. Some drowsiness may result. If you experience frequent symptoms, see your medical provider immediately. Always discuss any changes with your doctor before reading disclaimers.
Old 12-15-10, 12:05 AM   #2769
slikster
Watch

Downloads: 76

Where would I install the New Narwhal K mod? Before or after TMO? Or is it even compatible?

Edit: Oh, and a general question, where is the RPM gauge refered to in the TMO manual?
slikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 01:29 AM   #2770
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikster View Post
Where would I install the New Narwhal K mod? Before or after TMO? Or is it even compatible?

Edit: Oh, and a general question, where is the RPM gauge refered to in the TMO manual?
no it is not compatible.

on the same basis, I'd like to make my Surcouf mod TMO compatible too.

anyone knows what files to change ?

regards

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 08:10 AM   #2771
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
Uninstall RSRD. Open up the RSRD mod folder, and go into the Data folder, and down into Sea. Each ship has it's own folder there. Pick a ship from TMO that is not in RSRD. Copy the <whatever>_shp.dds file from the folder, and put it into the folder for the ship without the dot. Rename it to match the new ship. You will have to do this for each ship that doesn't display on the map. Reinstall RSRD.

Use with caution, always make backups, not responsible if it makes your dog crazy, do not operate heavy machinery while driving. Some drowsiness may result. If you experience frequent symptoms, see your medical provider immediately. Always discuss any changes with your doctor before reading disclaimers.
Ha. Thanks for the directive on this. Appreciated.
Old 12-15-10, 02:29 PM   #2772
Soundman
Commodore

Downloads: 60
Default TMO 2.7z?

Question....Everyone is saying they are using TMO 2.0. The only "2" version I can find is 2.7z. Am I missing somthing? Normally I would assume 2.7z is the version everyone is referring to but........I have been using TMO 1.9 and decided to upgrade to 2.0 yesterday. I also decided to add the SCAF, MAX Optics, and 3000 yd bearing tool on top (and in that order). For some reason, when applying the "3000 yd bearing tool" the game loads without the gauges at the bottom of the screen (white background in their place), and soon after I get a CTD, so somthing is screwy. The 3000yd mod was tested on TMO 1.9 before I put in TMO 2.7z and it worked like a champ. I also thought it may be a conflict with one of the other mods, so I applied on top of TMO 2.7z without any other mod with the same result, so I don't feel the problem is with that mod itself, but somthing conflicting with TMO. It would appear others are using these very same mods successfully, so I have to ponder if there is an actual "TMO 2.0". Again,..I can only find TMO 2.7z ????? Bottom line... is there a "TMO 2.0" out there somewhere?

RVAH-9 RA-5C Vigilante at NAS Sanford, Fl 1966
The coolest plane few have heard of!
Soundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 03:15 PM   #2773
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman View Post
Question....Everyone is saying they are using TMO 2.0. The only "2" version I can find is 2.7z. Am I missing somthing? Normally I would assume 2.7z is the version everyone is referring to but........I have been using TMO 1.9 and decided to upgrade to 2.0 yesterday. I also decided to add the SCAF, MAX Optics, and 3000 yd bearing tool on top (and in that order). For some reason, when applying the "3000 yd bearing tool" the game loads without the gauges at the bottom of the screen (white background in their place), and soon after I get a CTD, so somthing is screwy. The 3000yd mod was tested on TMO 1.9 before I put in TMO 2.7z and it worked like a champ. I also thought it may be a conflict with one of the other mods, so I applied on top of TMO 2.7z without any other mod with the same result, so I don't feel the problem is with that mod itself, but somthing conflicting with TMO. It would appear others are using these very same mods successfully, so I have to ponder if there is an actual "TMO 2.0". Again,..I can only find TMO 2.7z ????? Bottom line... is there a "TMO 2.0" out there somewhere?
Please, go to first post of this thread, the TMO 2.0 is the 2.7. There is a TMO Beta Update, also. TMO 2.0 have some optional mods included.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 03:24 PM   #2774
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

It's a 7z-file. So Trigger Maru Overhaul is called TMO_2 and with filetype .7z

Let's make a club, don't know how often it has fooled me too

Do you have a link to the 3000 y tool? Wouldn't mind testing it.
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 03:45 PM   #2775
Soundman
Commodore

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kyster View Post
It's a 7z-file. So Trigger Maru Overhaul is called TMO_2 and with filetype .7z

Let's make a club, don't know how often it has fooled me too

Do you have a link to the 3000 y tool? Wouldn't mind testing it.
HeHe, yes, now I get it "7z" ..Makes sense, however, now that I know I'm using the same as everyone else, must still figure out why the bearing tool is npt working correctly. I'll report my findings. Thanks for the info guys!

RVAH-9 RA-5C Vigilante at NAS Sanford, Fl 1966
The coolest plane few have heard of!
Soundman is offline   Reply With Quote