Closed Thread

Old 10-03-18, 03:35 AM   #5506
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtyp e=Homepage

The "self-made" man...not that anything would be really surprising. Also this, for sure, will have again no consequences and is surely again only fake news, by liberals, who are eager to destroy the country.
And the Clintons, don't forget to throw in the Clintons.
Old 10-03-18, 07:39 AM   #5507
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
It's not a big secret that if you hear something on Facebook, your first instinct should be to not believe it.
Edgar Allan Poe said it best, "Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see."
Old 10-03-18, 11:40 AM   #5508
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Edgar Allan Poe said it best, "Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see."
This will not happen if the story fits the readers own personal beliefs.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 10-03-18, 02:26 PM   #5509
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 10-03-18, 03:09 PM   #5510
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
This will not happen if the story fits the readers own personal beliefs.

Markus
Old 10-03-18, 03:11 PM   #5511
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

I once read a study on Confirmation Bias. It did not tell me anything that I did not already know.
Old 10-03-18, 03:32 PM   #5512
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

The local news said it was a local record high temp on October 1st. I'm not certain whether I even trust them to report the weather anymore. November is only a month away, and you know the party of "Donald Trump" is responsible for climate change. Just look at some of that hurricane reporting that went on.

As far as I could tell it felt pleasant that day, and I'm not one for hot weather.

Last edited by em2nought; 10-03-18 at 03:34 PM. Reason: my own observations
Old 10-03-18, 05:36 PM   #5513
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I once read a study on Confirmation Bias. It did not tell me anything that I did not already know.

Old 10-04-18, 02:13 AM   #5514
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
[...] you know the party of "Donald Trump" is responsible for climate change. Just look at some of that hurricane reporting that went on. [...].

Global warming is important because it is so persistent and global in scale, and because it brings more extreme events such as heat waves and storms, and flooding — not because it makes every place warm all the time. It does not work that way.

It was Trump's own administration that said temperature will rise by 3-7 degrees in the next years, and that it is man-made.

The good news for Trump fans is that there will be no reaction whatsoever, from this 'government'. "...temperature rise inevitable, so fuel-efficiency rules are useless."
I bet China sees it in a similar way. And Russia.

@Platapus:

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-05-18, 01:14 AM   #5515
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Old 10-05-18, 07:00 AM   #5516
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Finally got a few minutes to watch video of Christine Ford's testimony. Good grief, it's so phony and staged. Note the three or four sets of hands "assisting" Ford every time she stands up, oh my god, what, is she crippled? She tried to sell herself as damaged and emotionally fragile... after 30+ years? Geez, what a joke.

I think this woman put it best:

So, if a woman claims she was assaulted 30 years ago, that's it, case closed? That's what political correctness has brought us.

I really don't care if Kavennuagh gets confirmed or not, if someone wants to make a case that he is not fit because he partied in 1982 and drank a lot, and threw a cup of ice one crazy night, fine, let's go look for another conservative candidate and put them through the Democrat's grinder.
Old 10-05-18, 02:18 PM   #5517
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Finally got a few minutes to watch video of Christine Ford's testimony. Good grief, it's so phony and staged. Note the three or four sets of hands "assisting" Ford every time she stands up, oh my god, what, is she crippled? She tried to sell herself as damaged and emotionally fragile... after 30+ years? Geez, what a joke.
She looked like a mental case to me too, but she is a clinical psychologist (teacher even) at a very high level of learning school in Palo Alto. Christine Ford is a professor at Palo Alto University who teaches in a consortium with Stanford University, training graduate students in clinical psychology.

Senator Feinstein's husband (which is a story in or of itself) ... I think he is a regent of her school and a regent of the University of California since 2002.

She passed her lie detector test with only two questions laughing all the way through it. She could be acting you know ... multiple personalities are not uncommon.

Here's two small facts her grandfather and her father are CIA connected operatives ...

You can explore the story further here on Senator Feinstein's husband.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_C._Blum)
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 10-06-18, 07:19 AM   #5518
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Looks like Susan Collins is able to apply logic and rule of law to this situation.

@3:20 she breaks down the most important factors, the lack of credible corroborating evidence from Ford's best friends.

Old 10-06-18, 07:42 AM   #5519
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

You're quick to label Ford as having mental issues or acting, what about Kavanaugh's act of going from raging to sobbing over insignificant things?

But, let's forget Ford for a second. What of Kavanaugh's repeated lies, under oath, during his testimony? He lied about his drinking, he lied about the meaning of "boofing", he lied about the meaning of "Devil's triangle". Just to name a few things. A judge so willing to lie about so small things says a lot about his values, both personal and professional.

Hell, even the American Bar Association is now re-evaluating Kavanaughs 'well-qualified' rating.

There is no doubt he will be confirmed, it doesn't matter what he may or may not have done. The republicans know they can ram him through, and they will.
Old 10-06-18, 08:36 AM   #5520
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
You're quick to label Ford as having mental issues or acting, what about Kavanaugh's act of going from raging to sobbing over insignificant things?
This incident was nothing more than a political stunt engineered by Dianne Feinstein or someone in her office in an attempt to keep Judge Kavanaugh from being seated on the Supreme Court. Christine Ford has had her 15 minutes of fame and will now fade back into the obscurity from whence she was sprung. And the useful idiots who protested and tweeted their outrage will find a new cause to occupy their time.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter