SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-12, 08:25 AM   #16
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

yes, since i havent finished the firing restrictions for the gun mounts, they can shoot at any direction. the aa guns on emden are crap indeed, they will be replaced by the appropriate anti-torpedo gunnery which will play the AA role. furthermore, especially the emden model as well as the gun aren`t smoothed yet and the AO has to be rebaked.
Old 02-23-12, 11:07 PM   #17
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 0

also the helgoland has another bug that when the ship takes some damage it explodes and sink
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-12, 01:43 AM   #18
steve_the_slim
Loader

Downloads: 14

It doesn't just sink at the first hit, though. I tried it out in that Battle of the Sibuyan Sea mission and managed to take quite a few bomb hits before it went under. It lasted longer than the pocket battleship, actually.
steve_the_slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-12, 02:56 AM   #19
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

yes, and this is something i havent been able to correct on my ships. the problem is, you take only minor damage and boom, you blow up. i tried adjusting the damage model, but still its the same. i guess its because of the way the game engine is programmed to have the ship types behave. we are faking ships, but the unittype is still submarine, not battleship. so a playable ship will not behave like a surface vessel like the yamato, which can take 10!!!! torpedoes from all around and still swims. any suggestions?
Old 02-24-12, 04:57 AM   #20
steve_the_slim
Loader

Ask cdp44. His ships have properly-functioning damage models.

Edit: Hang on a sec, I just thought of something. If I remember correctly from my testing of Emden, doesn't that ship have a working damage model? It steadily took damage over the course of an attack on a convoy, and by the time I disengaged I had 40-odd percent hull damage, lots of big nasty holes, and a funnel shot away.
Old 02-24-12, 05:28 AM   #21
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

yes, since it is based fully on the type 9 and i adjusted all the damage zones etc. still i believe the battleships of mine to be to easily destroyed. they should not just suddenly blow up.
Old 02-25-12, 06:57 AM   #22
steve_the_slim
Loader

I noticed another minor bug in the Helgoland. Some of the secondary guns are able to turn farther than they should. I took a picture of what I'm talking about, but apparently my computer ate it. The guns don't appear to be firing through the hull like the Emden's guns, so this isn't having any affect on gameplay; it just looks weird.

Old 02-25-12, 09:19 AM   #23
Klaus
Officer

Downloads: 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_the_slim View Post
I noticed another minor bug in the Helgoland. Some of the secondary guns are able to turn farther than they should. I took a picture of what I'm talking about, but apparently my computer ate it. The guns don't appear to be firing through the hull like the Emden's guns, so this isn't having any affect on gameplay; it just looks weird.
see if your picture is not in main sh4 folder, under the name SH4Img@yyyy-mm-dd_hh.mm.ss_xxx, i mean sh4img, date it was make and a number
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-12, 01:16 PM   #24
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

as i mentioned before, the firing restrictions are not correct.thats it.
Old 02-25-12, 07:48 PM   #25
steve_the_slim
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
see if your picture is not in main sh4 folder, under the name SH4Img@yyyy-mm-dd_hh.mm.ss_xxx, i mean sh4img, date it was make and a number
I did this. All my older screenshots are still there, but none of the ones I took last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich
as i mentioned before, the firing restrictions are not correct.thats it.
I assumed you probably did know, but since I'm basically a beta tester for you I figured I'd make sure to tell you about any bugs I saw, even the obvious ones, seeing as that's kind of a beta tester's job.

Old 03-04-12, 03:58 PM   #26
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Downloads: 194

And what classes will be? Will the SMS "Goeben"?

Last edited by Hotmanandre; 03-04-12 at 09:06 PM.
Hotmanandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 03:39 PM   #27
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

What a wonderful surprise to see this handsome ship, he is one of the classics of that era fleet and was much beloved by her crews as she was a very stable sea going ship, and a dry deck too even in heavy weather....

very nicely done, excellent detail, even have correct recognition markings on Andrea turret, very nicely done....my best thanks to you Master Shipwright.

Emden is one of my most all favorite ships her history was amazing and it is going to be wonderful to see her.. any chance i can lure you to do my other favorite? the Scharnhorst? of that era? so many thanks for this wonderful work.

Old 03-13-12, 03:03 AM   #28
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

yes, i am thinking about doing the scharnhorst,too. but there are still many other unfinished projects, perhaps ill look into it when the derfflinger is done and the H-class hunter-killer rules the channel... ps. very nice picture, what a beauty!
Old 03-19-12, 09:30 PM   #29
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Derflinger is a wonderful ship too, my grandfather knew the chief gunnery officer from her and they shared and excahnged a lot of letters and pictures and I inherited some....let me know if yoiu have any quesoitns about her...

and thanks so much for these wonderful projects...and thanks for the possiblity of the beautiful Schanrhorst......
Old 03-23-12, 02:30 PM   #30
yamatoforever
Weps

Downloads: 20

Great model! Fine job!

Greetings
Molke2005
yamatoforever is offline   Reply With Quote