SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-14, 02:13 PM   #1
Pooch
Watch

Downloads: 197
Uploads: 0
Default Gramophone Question.....

....where is it? I downloaded some WW2 music. Thought it might be really immersive if the Andrew Sisters were playing while we were out at sea. But I don't where it is. I's love to listen to some radio shows, too, if you'll tell me how to operate it. I see nothing in the manual about it. I'll probably have to go and ask the same question in the SH5 section. Thanks.
Pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 03:58 PM   #2
Captain Diver
Watch

Downloads: 261

The area you are looking for to put music into should be located in "silent hunter wolves of the pacific/data/sound/gramophone" well at least it is in the SH4 version. I have not played SH5 in quite a while so I could not answer that question, however it should be the same. There are several discussion on this matter located in the forums on how to do this. I think the Berbster has done extensive material on this. Good luck and happy hunting.
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1=4
Improved Ship Physics_2.15=5
Improved Stock Environment_v3=6
#2 ISE Realistic Colors=7
Captain Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 04:20 PM   #3
Captain Diver
Watch

Here is the link to the answer you are looking for. It is POST #30 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=211804&page=8
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1=4
Old 09-05-14, 05:13 PM   #4
Pooch
Watch

Thanks guys. I found several posts on how to install the files. My question is even more noobier than that. I don't even know how to find the gramophone on the sub. Where's the button for it? How do you turn it on? Once you're on your boat, how do you play the music?
Old 09-05-14, 06:16 PM   #5
Captain Diver
Watch

The gramophone station is located under the "CAMERA" tab. Its the last button on the right, looks like an old style movie camera. Once you have clicked on it there are several stations below it, Free camera, Previous unit, Next unit, Radio, Gramaphone, etc. Now click the gramophone and a gramphone will appear on your screen. From there you will see 4 different buttons on it "previous, play, stop, next" just click play to hear the music. To make the gramophone "disappear into the background" so it is not on your screen just click the gramophone icon again or the switch located on the gramophone in the lower right corner of the machine. You will notice that the image is gone but you will still hear the music. I hope this helps you. Also it is a good idea to get familiar with all the stations on your sub so you know what each one does, it will help you in the long run once you get into battle. Good luck and happy hunting.

P.s. No question is a stupid one or a "noobie" one. Everyone here was a noob at this game at one point or another. That being said, there is ALWAYS someone here to answer your questions or offer any help that you might need.
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1=4
Old 09-05-14, 07:28 PM   #6
Pooch
Watch

Thanks, Captain, and everybody else who answered. Nice thing about this here community is the maturity level. You have no kids playing this. Or if there are, then they're behaving themselves.
I'm becoming so completely immersed in SH4 and 5 that I'm hardly touching my flight sims, anymore.
Thanks again.