SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-18, 06:51 PM   #1
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0
Default Ships Journal Load and Save times?

I'm just now started to figure out/use the Ships Journal functionality with TWOS and SH5. Seriously don't know why it's taken me this long to use it. The problem is that the Load and Save times have increased exponentially. I'd even go so far as to say that the game loads faster than the Journal (almost) loads or saves. I'm only used it for like 13 game days.

So a couple of things I've been doing...as suggested...was to uncheck the "Read Ships Journal" when importing my file. I also just deleted a whole 10 months worth of Radio messages (idk if this even does anything but thought i would try something).

I'm opened the Ships Journal Editor (from the game main menu) to see if I could mass delete things I don't want to save....but that is more tedious than doing it in game (aka have to select each entry individually to delete them). What am I doing wrong? How to I manage this so I can save important patrol entries....aka decoded Enigma messages and Navigation stuff.....without having to delete days worth of entries?
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote