SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-22-10, 04:27 PM   #256
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Honestly?
Yeah, honestly. To most Uboat fans, the Silent hunter series goes like this:

SH2 -> SH3 -> SH5

Once i realized this, the fact that my motivational fuel tank was running on fumes, and I bite off a bit more then i was willing to chew, i dropped the ball on this project. That said, I'd be lying if i said I wasn't curious as to how the mod plays.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-10, 04:17 AM   #257
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

I didn't even know about it. Was busy over the summer with a move and unpacking took awhile. Figured I'd check and see how things were going and pick up TMO 2.0 while I was at it.

I'm still surprised there hasn't been an SH5 mega mod yet, though it looks like that's in the works. I figured you or LukeFF would have had something cranked out though.

I come back and find out you guys all went semi AWOL. Even Lurker seems to be missing.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 07:45 AM   #258
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3216

Hi, Ducimus! As SH4 strong fan (but I play SH3 too...), I like the NDT mod. I have some questions: I like to play U boats in SH4, but I have some little problems with the mods currently availables. Because that, still I play SH3 with supermods.

1- I have, with NDT (one installation), and OM plus OMEGU (other installation), problems with the KiUB (FPS drops in heavy sceneries with the dials visible). I like to have the stock SH4 GUI for U Boats, in NDT. Is it possible with NDT? I have a powerful PC (SH4 with TMO 2 with RSRDC at 60 FPS sinchronized with 4GBPatch, all graphics options full, but- I don´t know why - the KiUB drops my FPS to 15!!!).

2 - What environment is compatible with NDT? I have the SH4 1.5 with NDT only, and have the greenish stock water. I see in your screenshots the blue water of...TMO???

3 - Is NDT compatible with DBSM for SH4?

Many thanks for the mod, and I watch for upcoming updates (compatibility with OM, maybe?).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 04:10 PM   #259
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

First, remember that this mod isn't complete, at least not by my definition of the word, and I have no plans to continue this work. I am completly burnt out from modding. Although if anyone (yes, anyone, so long as you aren't going to charge money) want's to continue this work, they have my blessing to do so.

Now then...

1.) To remove KIUB, Disable the mod, and remove the data/menu/1024_768_menu.ini file. Then remove the data/menu/cfg/dials.cfg file from the mod as well. Id advise to just go ahead and use the TMO version of both files.

2.) No idea why your seeing green/stock water. The mod has a tweaked version of the ENV mod used by TMO in it.

3.) DBSM, im guessing is Das boot sound mod. As long as some of the files aren't excessivly long in length, i don't see why not.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 04:17 PM   #260
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
First, remember that this mod isn't complete, at least not by my definition of the word, and I have no plans to continue this work. I am completly burnt out from modding. Although if anyone (yes, anyone, so long as you aren't going to charge money) want's to continue this work, they have my blessing to do so.

Now then...

1.) To remove KIUB, Disable the mod, and remove the data/menu/1024_768_menu.ini file. Then remove the data/menu/cfg/dials.cfg file from the mod as well. Id advise to just go ahead and use the TMO version of both files.

2.) No idea why your seeing green/stock water. The mod has a tweaked version of the ENV mod used by TMO in it.

3.) DBSM, im guessing is Das boot sound mod. As long as some of the files aren't excessivly long in length, i don't see why not.
Many thanks Ducimus. I´ll check the environment files. Yes, DBSM is Das Boot Sound mod for SH4. I use it in OM, working fine.

My dream is to see this mod included in OM...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 01-04-11, 04:22 PM   #261
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15

Aye, mine too. But as she's a beta, and will likely not be finished I won't feel bad shredding the mod for the content I really want. Thanks Duci, hope you get over your burnout problem.

MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:03 PM   #262
Otha
Swabbie

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Yeah, honestly. To most Uboat fans, the Silent hunter series goes like this:

SH2 -> SH3 -> SH5

Once i realized this, the fact that my motivational fuel tank was running on fumes, and I bite off a bit more then i was willing to chew, i dropped the ball on this project. That said, I'd be lying if i said I wasn't curious as to how the mod plays.
Wow, I about jumped out of my chair when I found out it existed. I've been spending hours whittling down OM to an exclusively IXD2 mod, just for my own sake. If I had known about this beforehand, I would've been all over it. Thanks for all your work. Why isn't it listed in the downloads section?
Otha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:25 PM   #263
Otha
Swabbie

Downloads: 124

Question: If I just want to grab the interiors and leave OM as I currently have it, do I need any folders other than these?

Data/Interior/NSS_Uboat9
Data/Submarine/NSS_Uboat9d2

Thanks.

edit: nm, figured it out.

Smaller question, is there a way to navigate to the additional compartments without using the freecam?

Another question, was the removal of the flak guns intentional, or do I have mod soup issues?

edit: fixed it. FYI for anyone wondering, I had to exclude the file Data/UPCDataGE/UPCUnitsData/UpgradePacks.upc in order to get the flak guns to display properly.

Last edited by Otha; 01-05-11 at 11:14 PM.
Otha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 12:50 AM   #264
MaddogK
XO

Is the engine room installed in this mod ?

I moved the rooms and textures over to the VIIC in my OM install and the only thing I cant find is the engine room. The rest is great (except a few animations),and FINALLY working chart tables. I found my new home- in the conning tower.

Old 01-08-11, 10:42 AM   #265
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

No, there is no engine room. Ducimus explained earlier in this same thread that the Type IX had four engines, and Flakmonkey's is from the Type VII, which had two engines, so he opted to leave it out.
Old 01-08-11, 11:47 AM   #266
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
Is the engine room installed in this mod ?

I moved the rooms and textures over to the VIIC in my OM install and the only thing I cant find is the engine room. The rest is great (except a few animations),and FINALLY working chart tables. I found my new home- in the conning tower.
Can you post the way for add the interiors in OM?

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 01-08-11, 12:16 PM   #267
MaddogK
XO

Well, it's extremely dirty as some animations are screwey, the hatches don't work, but just for some eye candy I did this-

I created the dir structure for a new mod, copied the original OM NSS_Uboat7 interior folder to it, copied from 9D2 Interior/NSS_Uboat9 all the files to the new interior/NSS_Uboat7 dir renaming all the NSS_Uboat9_*.* to NSS_Uboat7_*.*, and removing the originals that would've been overwritten to a holding directory for storage (these are NOT used in the game) I also kept the original files that were NOT overwritten from the original OM.

I also copied from the 9D2 mod the Textures/Tnormal folder/files to the new mod, enabled the whole mess with JSGME and ran the game.

As an experiment, I removed this new mod and installed the original SH3 FM_NewInterior mod using only the interior folder and the animations. This mod gave me a whole new control room, all the 9D2 rooms as well as en engine room but NO animations worked, NO crew, weird lighting, and NO clickable items.

All-in-all I can see why there are only a handfull of ship modders as the work to make this completely workable appears enormous, but I'm willing to help if someone wants to try and meld Flakmonkeys and Duci's work into a playable type 7 boat, but I believe there's more type 9 fans out there so I'll likely go it alone for my own entertainment/learning experience unless I can get a ship builder involved that loves the type 7 (animations are my weak area).

Old 01-08-11, 03:11 PM   #268
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Well, it's extremely dirty as some animations are screwey, the hatches don't work, but just for some eye candy I did this-

I created the dir structure for a new mod, copied the original OM NSS_Uboat7 interior folder to it, copied from 9D2 Interior/NSS_Uboat9 all the files to the new interior/NSS_Uboat7 dir renaming all the NSS_Uboat9_*.* to NSS_Uboat7_*.*, and removing the originals that would've been overwritten to a holding directory for storage (these are NOT used in the game) I also kept the original files that were NOT overwritten from the original OM.

I also copied from the 9D2 mod the Textures/Tnormal folder/files to the new mod, enabled the whole mess with JSGME and ran the game.

As an experiment, I removed this new mod and installed the original SH3 FM_NewInterior mod using only the interior folder and the animations. This mod gave me a whole new control room, all the 9D2 rooms as well as en engine room but NO animations worked, NO crew, weird lighting, and NO clickable items.

All-in-all I can see why there are only a handfull of ship modders as the work to make this completely workable appears enormous, but I'm willing to help if someone wants to try and meld Flakmonkeys and Duci's work into a playable type 7 boat, but I believe there's more type 9 fans out there so I'll likely go it alone for my own entertainment/learning experience unless I can get a ship builder involved that loves the type 7 (animations are my weak area).
Many thanks, I´ll try it. Interesant the question about FM Interiors from SH3!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 01-10-11, 03:17 AM   #269
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:

I started working on FlakMonkey's Typ-VII Interior with his permission.
I have a Beta version of what I have completed so far available for D/L.
Click Here if you want to check it out.
I believe SteelViking is going to take over this interiors work.

I also did some work on Tomi_099's GWX3 Typ-VIIC/41 model with his permission. I am converting it to SH4v1.5. It is currently playable and it populates the crew positions in the Crew Quarters. It is also available for D/L with the dependant UPC file changes to make the Snorkel work etc. in Stock SH4v1.5
The UPC file MOD part of this D/L is not required for OM or RFB...
Click Here if you want to check it out.

Both download were made to work with STOCK Silent Hunter 4 v1.5

Enjoy!

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 09:59 AM   #270
MaddogK
XO

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT !!!

Thats exactly what I was planning to do, but you and steelviking have saved me years of work and self training.

From what I've read Tomi_099's engine room may be available shortly, and I believe he's built a forward torpedo room.

I can almost see Tomi_099's VIIC/41 completely operational.

Thanks, TheBeast