Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-17, 01:46 PM   #3886
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Bannon attacks Romney and his sons for lack of military service! Hey Bannon, have you checked Trump and his 2 idiot sons for military service yet? That's right, none of the Trumps ever served either.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ice/ar-BBGhEGI

Al Capone
Old 12-06-17, 02:24 PM   #3887
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Trump recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel. By that he delivers on another promise and pays back to the Jewish donators supporting his campaign.

If this decision survives, it ends a chapter of decades of completely failed and clueless European and American Middle East policy, that the Europeans and the UN still want to continue on the grounds of wishful thinking, cowardice, and reality-denying illusions.

While this decision implies admittance of failure of the past diplomatic paradigm, it does not replace it with a better alternative. It is an end of the guaranteed negative quality, without offering a new positive quality. But it shakes up the established long-held, petrified status quo. I can imagine both good or bad coming from this shaking alone.

However, I agree with this decision.

That this decision will live beyond Trump, however is in question. Before the US embassy can be moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a new one has to be build in Jerusalem. And that, with all preparing work before, will take years. Years that maybe will see Trump leaving office. And his successor maybe stopping it while the embassy still sits in Tel Aviv.

Maybe Trump even knows that he may have delivered just words here, no deeds to be feared. Or he knows not. Who knows. Wjat was it that Rumsfeld once philosophised about knowns and unknowns... LOL

Outcome of all this? Uncertain. For Israel I hope that the decision will stand beyond Trump's reign. But I am anything but sure that it will.

That the Islamic lobby organisation named UN cries '"sky falling", was to be expected. I do not care for them either.
Old 12-06-17, 02:58 PM   #3888
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Going to be interesting Skybird, to see how this plays out.

Al Capone
Old 12-06-17, 03:10 PM   #3889
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Bannon attacks Romney and his sons for lack of military service! Hey Bannon, have you checked Trump and his 2 idiot sons for military service yet? That's right, none of the Trumps ever served either.

Hey, Bannon, heard any good "bone spur" stories lately?

The unmitigated hypocrisy of the Alt-Right is a marvel to behold. Their propensity for putting their feet in their mouths, often up to the knee, is impressive. It is to be noted not only have none of the Trumps served, neither has Trump son-in-law Kushner. The big irony is how Trump has sought to shore up his Cabinet and other staff appointments by going heavily on former military officers...

When GW Bush was running for reelection, the nature of his service became an issue; at the time, there was a website listing members of Congress and other political figures who had served in the military; one of the surprise was how many of the vets were DEMs and how so few of the GOP members served, particularly since many of them were the most vocal about the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars; also of note was the number of DEM vets who served in combat as opposed to the GOP members...

I did manage to find the site listing I noted above; here is a link, for those who may be interested:

http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

<O>
Old 12-06-17, 03:48 PM   #3890
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

What really kills me is how Trump performs, how he presents himself and his action. This is so absolutly childish, blown up, pompous, laughable.

I still find it unbelievable that this .. is the President of the USA.

What he just said(!) about Jerusalem is unnecessary.. he already has the support of his followers. We will see lots of dead people, without a real reason other than Trump's ego.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-06-17, 04:28 PM   #3891
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post

Did you ever serve?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 12-06-17, 04:35 PM   #3892
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I was thinking of asking the same question. Its politics, just a multitude of pots calling the kettles black and vice versa

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 12-06-17, 04:38 PM   #3893
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
What really kills me is how Trump performs, how he presents himself and his action. This is so absolutly childish, blown up, pompous, laughable.

I still find it unbelievable that this .. is the President of the USA.

What he just said(!) about Jerusalem is unnecessary.. he already has the support of his followers. We will see lots of dead people, without a real reason other than Trump's ego.
But ya gotta admit there are no secrets, you know exactly what's on his mind with every tweet. The people wanted transparency they got it!

And by they way I heard is speech and have to admit I liked what he had to say and how he presented it.

Rockstar is online  
Old 12-06-17, 04:44 PM   #3894
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
But ya gotta admit there are no secrets, you know exactly what's on his mind with every tweet. The people wanted transparency they got it!
^ This is certainly true

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-06-17, 04:49 PM   #3895
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:

And by they way I heard is speech and have to admit I liked what he had to say and how he presented it.
I really doubt Trump is about transparency. The very fact he so often contradicts himself and lies about subjects and people all the while knowing what he is saying is absolutely untrue belies any claim to transparency. Transparency means not hiding anything: seen his tax returns lately?; seen his detailed financials lately?; have you seen any of the myriad personal and business disclosures other previous Presidents have made in an effort towards full disclosure and transparency both before and after they were elected? Trump is a fog of lies and deceit and misrepresentation, not a 'breath of fresh air'. Trump's not draining the swamp: he's restocking it with his own worse gators and using his office to line his pockets...

<O>
Old 12-06-17, 05:32 PM   #3896
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Rockstar is online  
Old 12-06-17, 06:29 PM   #3897
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Trumps ego? Was it his ego that passed the law mandating this move way back in 1995? Is it ego to keep ones promises?

Fact is this very thing was one of his campaign planks. One that I think helped significantly to get him elected, so of course he is going to follow through. I doubt it will make anyone hate us any more than they do already.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 12-06-17, 06:39 PM   #3898
vienna
Navy Seal

The last time the US pissed off the Arab states:

Oil Embargo, 1973–1974 --

https://history.state.gov/milestones...76/oil-embargo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis

Interestingly, I seem to recall how the Right got up on their hind legs and howled when Obama went ahead with the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan and Iraq, keeping a promise and commitment entered into before he even took office and also one of his campaign planks; a commitment, BTW, entered into by Obama's predecessor, GW Bush. Hypocritical, much?...

<O>
Old 12-06-17, 06:41 PM   #3899
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Like listening to August crying like a baby about Benghazi isn't it! Over and over again!

Al Capone
Old 12-06-17, 06:55 PM   #3900
vienna
Navy Seal

Interesting article on how the Trump-GOP Tax Reform (Can't help laughing when I typed that) is going down with the taxpayers themselves:

Trump is doing a lousy job selling tax cuts --

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...191316112.html

Only 29% of taxpayers approve of the Reform, a percentage even lower the Trump's abysmally low approval rate of about 32-34%. In, fact 59% don't approve of the plan. The 2018 mid-term elections could be very interesting and not in a good way for the GOP...

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter