SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-01-10, 09:45 AM   #2716
Uboat177
Mate

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0

Hello,

I just noticed I'm getting a particular deck watch crewman (ranked as a chief petty officer - 7) who is missing a body each time on his shift. All that shows is a head and his binoculars. I've only noticed it occur when everyone else is wearing foul weather gear but I'm not sure if this has something to do with it. He was also recently promoted from Petty Officer 1st class (6) in port.

I am running only TMO and no other mod or installment.

Uboat177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 09:59 AM   #2717
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uboat177 View Post
Hello,

I just noticed I'm getting a particular deck watch crewman (ranked as a chief petty officer - 7) who is missing a body each time on his shift. All that shows is a head and his binoculars. I've only noticed it occur when everyone else is wearing foul weather gear but I'm not sure if this has something to do with it. He was also recently promoted from Petty Officer 1st class (6) in port.

I am running only TMO and no other mod or installment.
I guess you found the galloping ghost of the Japanese coast

You can try to use the Rank, Uniform & Insignia mod, it might help:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1525

SkyBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 12:22 PM   #2718
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default Boo!

Re: the Head without a body deck hand.

It only happens on Haloween

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 11-03-10 at 07:07 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 07:03 PM   #2719
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3217

Hi, mates...I have a question: I want to install the Kollmorgen periscope mod to TMO 2 (plus beta update plus RSRDC). What is the mask/file for attack periscope in TMO?. I make some tests with diverse files (periscope.dds, etc...). I can´t see the Kollmorgen graphics installed. It´s only a graphic mod for the periscope.

Many thanks for the help

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 10:47 AM   #2720
subsunk1307
Swabbie

Downloads: 34
Default Cannot Comply message

Thanks for all your hard work, this game would suck if it wasn't for the modders out there

Thanks again

Last edited by subsunk1307; 11-08-10 at 11:22 AM.
subsunk1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-10, 11:34 AM   #2721
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 240

Im having a slight problem and wonder if anyone can help me.

Im surfaced and my crew dont want to come up on the bridge even though they should be on it according to the crew chart. Ive also had a problem with my repairmen.. I got damaged and assigned a squad to get to repairing the various damaged parts of the sub however in the 2 days of sailing, nothign seems to have been repaired even though they had a whole list of items to fix. I then went to crashdive when i saw a plane and plummeted to the bottom of the ocean head first!

Also, my compressed air level is staying at 15/100 even though im surfaced and have been surfaced for a few hours. Edit: My CA is actually rising so it thinks im still submerged?

Any ideas?

thanks
kvbrock82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-10, 11:53 AM   #2722
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvbrock82 View Post
Im having a slight problem and wonder if anyone can help me.
Any ideas?
Save game, quit, restart, reload.

Edit:
Ack. I see from you other thread you already found the solution.
Old 11-14-10, 12:01 PM   #2723
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
Save game, quit, restart, reload.

Edit:
Ack. I see from you other thread you already found the solution.
Thanks for the reply razark..

Now i've noticed that ive been underwater for 24 hours yet CO2 levels remained at 0/100.. Is this common and is there any way around this bug?

thanks
Old 11-14-10, 12:13 PM   #2724
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvbrock82 View Post
Thanks for the reply razark..

Now i've noticed that ive been underwater for 24 hours yet CO2 levels remained at 0/100.. Is this common and is there any way around this bug?

thanks
That's not one I'm familiar with. As Armistead mentioned in the other thread, Alt-Tab is reported to do some funny things. Avoid doing that. One thing I've tried that seems to work is to go to the Control Room (F2), leave the game at 1x time compression, and then alt-tab out. Since I've been doing that, I haven't seen many issues. (Of course I generally leave the game up on my desktop computer and do my surfing on the laptop, so that really reduces having to tab out of the game.)
Old 11-14-10, 12:30 PM   #2725
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

thanks for the advice, ill try that out.

On the topic of Alt + tabbing, i find that it sorts out visual problems such as transparent hatches and crew etc. Sometimes it also brings my FPS into check when id be struggling.
Old 11-25-10, 03:48 PM   #2726
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123

So after a long break from SH in general, I'm back in the saddle and trying out TMO 2.0.

Unlike my previous campaigns, I decided to try TMO without RSRD installed. I remember reading awhile back that Ducimus had been working pretty hard on mission and campaign layers and wanted to see what all he's done.

So far I'm impressed. I especially like the prediodic radio messages from other subs reporting their sinkings which adds a sense of friendly competition, and a lot of other historical updates giving you a sense of the war progressing. Fortunately most of the messages don't interrupt TC which is an added bonus!

I'm not too far into my campaign yet. It's April of 1942 and I'm about to depart from Freemantle for the first time. I've had a shore party mission off the coast of Formosa so far, and my last patrol was a seek and destroy mission off the coast of the Philipines.

One thing I've noticed that I never saw in RSRD was the effect of being spotted by enemy planes. I've had patrol boats sent to hunt for me on several occasions. For some odd reason, I've never seen this behavior in RSRD though it's very much a part of OM (which is why I avoid the English coastlines as much as possible!)

Another aspect that I'm enjoying about TMO is that the secondary explosions seem to be very much toned down from how they were in TMO 1.9. A rather nice addition is locational damage is paramount. I ran into a BB task force as I was heading towards Luzon on my first patrol. On a whim I decided to aim my torpedos at each major gun turret. One ended up being a dud, but the remaining three hit just below the turrets and ignited the magazines. The first Kongo literally ripped itself apart from the explosions after the first two hits. The last was overkill.

The second Kongo was a lot more problematic since I wasn't able to get my torpedos to hit where I wanted them too, due to it being alert and manuevering.

I've had similar results with Mogani CAs. The last one I hit, took 5 torpedos to put down.

My mod list for TMO isn't extravegant.

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
TMO_20_Beta_update
Torpedo Graphics for TMO+RFB
Poul-Sound for SH4
EAX_without_WebstersManeuver_TMO19
Medals Fix IV for v1.5 - TMO by Latency
TMO_SubTextures_FooSkin
TMO_Personal_Fixes

The personal fixes is simply my command.cfg file and webster's cleaned impurity.dds file.

The only issues I've had with TMO is repeating voices. Whenever I go to battle stations, I hear "Yes sir!" repeated over and over. I'm assuming that's due to the Poul sound mod and/or EAX. On the otherhand, it's a small price to pay for all the added sound goodies.

Like 1.9, it's been extremely stable. In fact, the TMO series has always been the most stable mod I've played for SH4.

I've been offered a Gato, but I declined. One of the minor issues I ran into with TMO 1.9 was not being able to get an upgraded conning tower. We'll see what happens this time around. I do like my Sargo.

Overall, I'd say the biggest change that's taken a bit to get used to is the new speed settings. I'm simply NOT used to cruising around the Pacific at 15 knots. Another being that my hydrophones seem to be working on the surface. I still dive periodically and scan for targets out of habit, but it's really odd to pick up a visual contact with the TBT and then hear the sonarman report said contact.

All in all, Ducimus outdid himself with TMO.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 08:32 AM   #2727
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262
Default Quick question

Does TMO 2.0 fix the missing "depth charges in the water" line from the sonar man?
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 03:45 PM   #2728
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post
So after a long break from SH in general, I'm back in the saddle and trying out TMO 2.0.

Unlike my previous campaigns, I decided to try TMO without RSRD installed. I remember reading awhile back that Ducimus had been working pretty hard on mission and campaign layers and wanted to see what all he's done.

So far I'm impressed. I especially like the prediodic radio messages from other subs reporting their sinkings which adds a sense of friendly competition, and a lot of other historical updates giving you a sense of the war progressing. Fortunately most of the messages don't interrupt TC which is an added bonus!

I'm not too far into my campaign yet. It's April of 1942 and I'm about to depart from Freemantle for the first time. I've had a shore party mission off the coast of Formosa so far, and my last patrol was a seek and destroy mission off the coast of the Philipines.

One thing I've noticed that I never saw in RSRD was the effect of being spotted by enemy planes. I've had patrol boats sent to hunt for me on several occasions. For some odd reason, I've never seen this behavior in RSRD though it's very much a part of OM (which is why I avoid the English coastlines as much as possible!)

Another aspect that I'm enjoying about TMO is that the secondary explosions seem to be very much toned down from how they were in TMO 1.9. A rather nice addition is locational damage is paramount. I ran into a BB task force as I was heading towards Luzon on my first patrol. On a whim I decided to aim my torpedos at each major gun turret. One ended up being a dud, but the remaining three hit just below the turrets and ignited the magazines. The first Kongo literally ripped itself apart from the explosions after the first two hits. The last was overkill.

The second Kongo was a lot more problematic since I wasn't able to get my torpedos to hit where I wanted them too, due to it being alert and manuevering.

I've had similar results with Mogani CAs. The last one I hit, took 5 torpedos to put down.

My mod list for TMO isn't extravegant.

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
TMO_20_Beta_update
Torpedo Graphics for TMO+RFB
Poul-Sound for SH4
EAX_without_WebstersManeuver_TMO19
Medals Fix IV for v1.5 - TMO by Latency
TMO_SubTextures_FooSkin
TMO_Personal_Fixes

The personal fixes is simply my command.cfg file and webster's cleaned impurity.dds file.

The only issues I've had with TMO is repeating voices. Whenever I go to battle stations, I hear "Yes sir!" repeated over and over. I'm assuming that's due to the Poul sound mod and/or EAX. On the otherhand, it's a small price to pay for all the added sound goodies.

Like 1.9, it's been extremely stable. In fact, the TMO series has always been the most stable mod I've played for SH4.

I've been offered a Gato, but I declined. One of the minor issues I ran into with TMO 1.9 was not being able to get an upgraded conning tower. We'll see what happens this time around. I do like my Sargo.

Overall, I'd say the biggest change that's taken a bit to get used to is the new speed settings. I'm simply NOT used to cruising around the Pacific at 15 knots. Another being that my hydrophones seem to be working on the surface. I still dive periodically and scan for targets out of habit, but it's really odd to pick up a visual contact with the TBT and then hear the sonarman report said contact.

All in all, Ducimus outdid himself with TMO.

The speed settings took some getting used to but I love it now and it is historically accurate.The Gato/Balao/Tench did cruise at 15 knots.For really long trips I have found that setting the speed to 12 1/2 knots saves a little extra fuel and is still a decent speed.10 knots is too slow to make long trips to and from patrol area.I usually head to patrol area at 15 knots, patrol at 12 when on surface, back home at 15.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 04:32 PM   #2729
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I especially like the prediodic radio messages from other subs reporting their sinkings which adds a sense of friendly competition, and a lot of other historical updates giving you a sense of the war progressing. Fortunately most of the messages don't interrupt TC which is an added bonus!
While i didn't write the messages TMO currently uses (i forgot who did, it should be in the credits), i did alter them so they didn't drop you out of TC. I remember "fondly" playing SH3 with similar modifications and being driving absolutley insane by constantly being kicked from TC.

Quote:
Does TMO 2.0 fix the missing "depth charges in the water" line from the sonar man?
Unfortunetly thats a fix that has pretty much evaded everyone. You can hear the DC's hit the water, which is just as good - but hearing the sonarman would be preferable.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 01:31 AM   #2730
Mescator
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Unfortunetly thats a fix that has pretty much evaded everyone. You can hear the DC's hit the water, which is just as good - but hearing the sonarman would be preferable.
Wouldn't it be easy enough to add the sonar man saying that into sound file played when the charge hits the water?
Mescator is offline   Reply With Quote