SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-15-10, 04:22 PM   #2776
Soundman
Commodore

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kyster View Post
It's a 7z-file. So Trigger Maru Overhaul is called TMO_2 and with filetype .7z

Let's make a club, don't know how often it has fooled me too

Do you have a link to the 3000 y tool? Wouldn't mind testing it.

Sorry, missed the question first time around. ..... The 3000 yd Bearing tool can be found in the Download Section under "Gameplay" mods. I'd link it for you, but you have to download the version for whatever screen resolution you are running the game under. It's a great tool and will be accurate and matches (exactly!) the measuring tool on the navmap as long as you use the version matching your screen resolution. I'm using (or trying) the 1920x. As stated earlier.. when I tested it with TMO 1.9, it worked like a champ. That's what got me so puzzled.

As a note of interest: There is a fair chance that the current bearing tool (overlay) you currently have, does not display distances accurately. To test this, simply go to the navmap, zoom in and draw a line from your boat to the outer edge and compare measurement. I'm running 1920x and the stock bearing tool goes up to (if I remeber correctly) 1500 yds and when measuring using the line tool actually measures 1000 yds, so it's off by a large margin. Let me know what you discover. Good luck!

RVAH-9 RA-5C Vigilante at NAS Sanford, Fl 1966
The coolest plane few have heard of!

Last edited by Soundman; 12-15-10 at 05:01 PM.
Soundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 07:18 PM   #2777
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman View Post
As a note of interest: There is a fair chance that the current bearing tool you currently have, does not display distances accurately..... Let me know what you discover. Good luck!
I've discovered, there's nothing in the overlay tool, that will cause TMO to tilt, so you can let that part out of the equation!

And how did you know, I got a new monitor today? Indeed it does not fit anymore - so back to the drawingboard.
None exist in this resolution and what I remember from making the 1600x1200 old version, it took a lot of trial and error to get the size right.
As far as I remember, it was not a simple rescale that did the trick...
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 09:29 PM   #2778
Soundman
Commodore

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kyster View Post
I've discovered, there's nothing in the overlay tool, that will cause TMO to tilt, so you can let that part out of the equation!

And how did you know, I got a new monitor today? Indeed it does not fit anymore - so back to the drawingboard.
None exist in this resolution and what I remember from making the 1600x1200 old version, it took a lot of trial and error to get the size right.
As far as I remember, it was not a simple rescale that did the trick...
I tried removing 2.0 and put 1.9 back in with the same result, so TMO is obviously not the problem. Thought maybe the download was somehow corrupted, so tried downloading everything over again and got the same result. I wonder now if it's not a driver issue although it did indeed work fine when tested yesterday. Either way, 2.0, SCAF and Max Optics playing great as long as the 3000 yd mod is not activated. Still puzzled, but for now I've decided to live with it as is. Something got borked along the way, but the only thing I know to try now is a complete vanilla re-install and while I'd love to have the overlay, it's not worth the re-install effort. I can live with it as long as I know 1500 yds is really 1000 yds.

RVAH-9 RA-5C Vigilante at NAS Sanford, Fl 1966
The coolest plane few have heard of!
Soundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 10:09 PM   #2779
Hammertime
Swabbie

Downloads: 29
Default clean install?

Howdy shipmates

sorry in advance if this has been answered already

Am using TMO 1.9 and looking to install the latest version (its the only mod ive ever needed btw )

is it just a matter of removing1.9 using the mod enabler then applying 2.0?
or do I need to do a clean install of sh4

Thanks - and merry xmas to you!
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 11:52 PM   #2780
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

I just pulled 1.9 and inserted 2.0 should be safe as long as you didn't hand mod anything.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 12:51 AM   #2781
Hammertime
Swabbie

Downloads: 29
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
I just pulled 1.9 and inserted 2.0 should be safe as long as you didn't hand mod anything.
Thanks greywolf
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 05:45 PM   #2782
Uboatman
Medic

Downloads: 53
Default Long thread this.....

So have just finished reading this thread from the very 1st page to the last and now very keen to give it ago as looks like things have come along way since my last attempt. I do have quite a few questions before I do though if you chaps have the spare time to answer them

1. What if any mods should I install over TMO 2.0 to make the experience even better? I noticed that lots of you are running several mods, I'm thinking maybe 3-5 must haves to go with TMO or none if that's just as good.

2. I am also running SH3 with GWX at the mo, will d/l JSGME again for SH4/TMO cause a problem resulting in an uninstall of SH3 if I want to play SH4/TMO?

3. Having read through this thread I'm still undecided if I should go with the reduced AI mod, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Uboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 06:50 PM   #2783
virtualpender
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uboatman View Post
1. What if any mods should I install over TMO 2.0 to make the experience even better? I noticed that lots of you are running several mods, I'm thinking maybe 3-5 must haves to go with TMO or none if that's just as good.
TMO is rather comprehensive. Try running it just with the Beta patch. After a couple patrols you can determine if there are other mods or tweaks you'd like.

Quote:
2. I am also running SH3 with GWX at the mo, will d/l JSGME again for SH4/TMO cause a problem resulting in an uninstall of SH3 if I want to play SH4/TMO?
As long as JSGME is installed separately in your SH3 and SH4 folders there should be no problems.

Quote:
3. Having read through this thread I'm still undecided if I should go with the reduced AI mod, any thoughts?
Again, I would play as is. I think the AI in TMO gets a worse reputation than it deserves. Play smart, not reckless, and you'll find the AI challenging but not necessarily unrealistic.

Good luck, enjoy, and send a mental Christmas card to Ducimus to thank him for the thousands of hours he's put into TMO!
virtualpender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 07:05 PM   #2784
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
1. What if any mods should I install over TMO 2.0 to make the experience even better?
All of them. You'll never know what works for you if you don't try them. Install them, play a bit, try another one. Just be careful mixing too many together. It can get messy.

Quote:
If you have any problems, it's because you did it wrong. I have about 5 different JSGME installs between SH3/4 and flight sims.

Quote:
Never tried it.
Old 12-17-10, 07:42 PM   #2785
Uboatman
Medic

Don't have that much time to try them out hence asking, got a baby coming by the end of Feb.

What is RSRD (sorry not read up on it, after reading the 187 pages here my eyeballs are sore enough) and how will it affect TMO?

edit: Installing now, do I need to run SH4 to create any save files or such like before installing the mods?

Last edited by Uboatman; 12-17-10 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-17-10, 08:44 PM   #2786
razark
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Don't have that much time to try them out hence asking, got a baby coming by the end of Feb.
Seriously, we don't know what you like or what your playing style is; it's very hard to tell someone what mods they should use. Do you want a challange, realism, manual targeting, etc?

Quote:
What is RSRD (sorry not read up on it, after reading the 187 pages here my eyeballs are sore enough) and how will it affect TMO?
Run Silent, Run Deep. It's a complete rewrite of the campaign, to give more realistic traffic. TMO has it's own campaign rewrite, but a lot of research went into RSRD. I've mostly run TMO without it.

Quote:
edit: Installing now, do I need to run SH4 to create any save files or such like before installing the mods?
I don't believe so.
Old 12-17-10, 09:19 PM   #2787
Uboatman
Medic

Yes I suppose tastes are different for everyone but I guess my preferences run similar to the ethos of TMO as described by it's author. I like it realistic to a point.

I'm not one for complicated manual targeting and I like my external camera etc, but will have all the really gamey stuff like unlimited options off and sensors and damage etc set to realistic.

After a fun challenge but not hard work I guess.

Whacked up all my settings on my GFX card through the Nvidia control panel and also in the options screen, looks great but the screen does jump as if it were refreshing every so often, are there recommend settings for my setup:

Running on XP x32 SP2, 4GB RAM(running at 3), 9800GTX card with latest drivers through a DVI widescreen TFT

Have launched a patrol out of Pearl now, but don't mind going back to beginning if I have to change settings.

Need to get the next/prev camera back, I know it's this thread somewhere...................
Old 12-17-10, 09:30 PM   #2788
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:

Need to get the next/prev camera back, I know it's this thread somewhere...................
How do i get the next/ previous camera back?

The easiest way is to open the /data/cfg/commands.cfg in TMO. Search for " [Cmd50] " Your looking for these two blocks:

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714

[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714

Simply remove the semicolon placed in front of the key assignment, and you have the next/previous cameras back. Note: this will restore hotkeys. It will not restore the buttons on the ordersbar.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 09:42 PM   #2789
Uboatman
Medic

Oops, must remember to disable before changing things in files, well got the cameras done.

Does pressing the return to course button always result in "all Stop"?
Old 12-17-10, 10:04 PM   #2790
razark
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Does pressing the return to course button always result in "all Stop"?
As far as I know, it only does that if you have no waypoints set.