SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-13, 05:16 PM   #3676
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Hi Neugeniko,

i haven´t much information about technical research of the german u-boat weapon during ww2. One of this few sources is the allready mentioned book from Roessler: "Sonaranlagen..." ("Sonar equipment...").

There we can read about testings in the baltic of the new "Balkon" installation (hydrophone beneath the keel) in 1943. A small table is shown, where different ranges are given for electric engines AND Diesel engines at different speeds!

So if i understand this table correctly, listening with the balkon hydrophone must have been possible even at surface with the diesels running.

In my understanding, the correct programming term would be:

If snorkel=erected and Diesels=on, hydrophone=off
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 06:56 PM   #3677
JeromeHeretic
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neugeniko View Post
Visual light factor to 0.8. Currently its 5.0 in GWX, that seems a big change,
I was tuning this parameter and the moment when i see a boat in the same time when WO tells that see a boat was something about 1.02 i think.
(Of course its dependant on MY config, because you can have different sensors.dat and i don't know on which all files this depends)
So number about 0.8 can be right. I think in all cases it can be some value between 0.5 and 2.0, no more. Are you sure, that in GWX it wasn't 0.5, but surely 5.0?
Anyway don't be afraid and just try... you will see. The value 1.02 i wrote for orientation, because is boring change value, run game, test, stop game, improve value, start game... this can be good start point for minimum "tuning iterations".
JeromeHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 06:01 AM   #3678
Santini
Medic

Downloads: 389
Uploads: 1

Is the max snorkel speed adjustable?
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-13, 12:52 PM   #3679
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982
Default My SH3.exe disappears after using HsieOptionsSelector?

Hi I am trying to use this patch. Have unzipped patch in a new folder, including 1.4b SH3.exe file. I click on file Patch_SH3 and it successfully patches my SH3.exe file I then click on HsieOptionsSelector and uncheck 4G option and click OK it then says your SH3.exe in now uppated. THE probem is my SH3.exe disappears, my updated SH3.exe is now gone. I have repeated this many times and it always disappears. I am using Windows XP Home Service Pack 2. Any idess? Thanks!

Londog
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-13, 01:17 PM   #3680
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Downloads: 264

May seem like an odd question, but I note that at wind speeds of 11 .. 15 knots, snorkeling is impossible. Is this also true if on the surface with the snorkel up in rough seas?
Alfred Keitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-13, 01:39 AM   #3681
Aras
Helmsman

Downloads: 48

Just found out your mod. Great work. Thanks for your hardworking and for your effect !

"Though I'm past 240 meters, I'm feeling very still and I think my u-boot knows which way to go ..."
Aras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-13, 01:15 PM   #3682
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

EDIT: ok, took out WB's Mission orders and contact report works again. Now I just wonder what do I need to do to have WB's Mission orders as I really like them.

I just had a twice repeated CTD while trying to send a contact report about a convoy I had just found. I have had no problems doing that before. I have recently added in mods: WB's Mission orders and Rubini's Moonlight mod. Otherwise my mod list looks like this.

1_NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
2_NYGM3_New
3_NYGM3_6C
4_IABLShipsforNYGM_New
5_3rd Flotilla Mod
6_NYGM HiRes Submarines
7_CaptainAmericaOfficerIcons
8_Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools
9_MaGui F
10_MaGui F FIX for NYGM3.4
11_German Images for MaGui F
14_Dertien No Rank On Crew
15_Evansuniforms2
16_Guns
17_KB's Diesel Sound Mod
18_LifeBoats&Debris_v4
19_More wounded & less dead crew v2 - for V16B1 (JSGME)
20_Spirit of machines
21_TMT mod (NYGM version)
22_Type VII No.3
antilag
23_sublynxmap
gap's menutools
13_Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
M.E.P v4.2
Optional - FSF for MEP v4.2
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v4.2
M.E.P v4.2 - VisualSensors for NYGM 3.6b
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1
Charts addon 1.4 Beta
feuerfreiloading
lynxwethrnygmhsiemep
WB's Mission Orders v1.2
Moon_light_mod

Any idea what's this about? Has anybody had CTD's while trying to send radio reports?

Last edited by sublynx; 09-22-13 at 02:33 PM. Reason: partly solved
sublynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-13, 03:34 AM   #3683
dom111
Seaman

Downloads: 195
Default CTD at 50%

Hi all, recently i've been experiencing a problem with the h.sie patch V16B1 that never had before. When I started the mission, the sim CTD at 50% mission loading.

I get back to V16A3 and it works fine with same mods activated so the problem has to be the V16B1. But if I modified the exe with the hsieoptionselector and then run it, the sim loads the first time but no more until I made another change. I've deleted already the SH3 folder in My Documents, try to load with and without the SH3 Commander,...

The only option left I have is to reinstall the sim or ir there another way to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
dom111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-13, 03:53 AM   #3684
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
EDIT: ok, took out WB's Mission orders and contact report works again. Now I just wonder what do I need to do to have WB's Mission orders as I really like them.
But, they're for scripted situations in GWX, and you play NYGM?
Old 09-23-13, 09:16 AM   #3685
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
But, they're for scripted situations in GWX, and you play NYGM?
The one thing I miss in GWX vs. NYGM is the radio traffic. I feel the radio messages add to the feeling of the game and teach me about the history of the Atlantic Battle.

Here's an example of WB's messages:

19410609 1152 19410609 1913 1 100 20 @BdU@^Commander Eyes Only^1941/06/09|All U-boats: New directions to be observed on Radio messages:|1. In the attack area: Radio is to be used only for messages of tactical importance or on request from the Command, or if the enemy is already aware of the boat's positions.|2. On Passage: As above.|3. Technical: Wavelengths are to be changed frequently; additional channels to be introduced; new radio procedure to make it difficult for the enemy to take bearings.

Although following this order is not part of GWX or NYGM or SH3 it does add to the game, it teaches about the u-boat history, and one can even follow this order, if one so chooses.

What I would really like is for someone to combine WB's Mission Orders with Rudewarrior's Just Follow Orders! mod. That would be the coolest radio message immersion mod
sublynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-13, 04:09 AM   #3686
Theurg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie
11. Oxygen-Supply - by LGN1 (idea) and h.sie (programming)
Installed mod and looks like it is working nearly fine, just got a small problem with O2 notifications: when submerged, CE (chief engineer, i believe) indeed trying to inform me of O2 levels in internal boat air, but message is not displayed.=( It looks like "06:18 CE:", "08:30 CE:" and so on, with no information dispalyed, just time mark and "CE:". Am i doing something wrong? Can be this somehow fixed? Using SH3 1.4b+GWX 3.0+SH3Commander 3.2.
Old 09-28-13, 09:13 AM   #3687
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theurg View Post
Installed mod and looks like it is working nearly fine, just got a small problem with O2 notifications: when submerged, CE (chief engineer, i believe) indeed trying to inform me of O2 levels in internal boat air, but message is not displayed.=( It looks like "06:18 CE:", "08:30 CE:" and so on, with no information dispalyed, just time mark and "CE:". Am i doing something wrong? Can be this somehow fixed? Using SH3 1.4b+GWX 3.0+SH3Commander 3.2.
Make sure the following lines are in your en_menu.txt file:

4815=Oxygen: %02.0f Percent.
4816=Oxygen back to normal: 21 Percent.
4817=Oxygen too low. Using oxygen supply.

In fact you should make sure all of the entries from the file named _Append_to_en_menu.txt are added in (or the German version if you are using it).

rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-13, 12:49 PM   #3688
Theurg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudewarrior View Post
Make sure the following lines are in your en_menu.txt file(...)
Thanks a lot! Looks like it was my fault - not fully correct installation of mod. Hope it will work now, with 150% Realism.
Old 09-30-13, 12:48 AM   #3689
Theurg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Looks like i've found the problem: it was SHCommander replacing en_menu.txt in Data\Menu folder each time it was launched. Rewriting en_menu.txt in SHCommander\Backup! folder with patched one from this mod will solve this nuisance. Maybe it will be useful for someone using this cool mod.
Old 10-01-13, 10:39 AM   #3690
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180

Well done guv'nor, you've found the answer to exactly same trouble as I was having!

S!

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote