SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-07, 12:07 PM   #901
fredbass
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

You know, unless you have a dialup connection, the download is only going to take a few minutes. No big deal.
Old 03-21-07, 12:14 PM   #902
P_Funk
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 128

From what I've seen there are a few who are dial up customers around here. Something to consider is all.

P_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 05:18 PM   #903
garferi
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Default Smokes form GWX

Hi All!
I tried to find smoke files in GWX, but I didn't find it.
Can somebody help me where are locating smoke files?
THX!
garferi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 08:44 PM   #904
Potoroo
Navy Dude

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Funk
From what I've seen there are a few who are dial up customers around here. Something to consider is all.
As long as the patch is made available via BitTorrent it will be fine for dialup users. 80MB should take at most a few hours and it will be a background process. Restrict your incoming bandwidth usage for the torrent to say 3kbps and you'll still be able to surf and get your emails.
Old 03-22-07, 03:06 AM   #905
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Oh, BTW, my fridge magnets no longer work.
Pls post SH3Cmdr problems on the appropriate thread.

:rotfl:

BTW, I love your cut and paste response earlier - couldn't have said it better myself.

Although I will reiterate one line:

"- the 1.03 files by themselves would still be over 40mb in size."

What MDE has not taken into account in his calculations are the many files that were modded in both 1.02 and 1.03. Patch 1.03 by itself is NOT simply the difference in size between 1.03 and 1.02 (ie 4mb). Patch 1.03 by itself is over 40mb compressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Funk
Dialup users were considered. Indeed, MANY things were considered, but at the end of the day, the advantages of a single cumulative patch FAR OUTWEIGH asking a dialup user to d/l an 80mb file, especially when it is only 40mb more than what they would need to d/l anyway if patch 1.03 was incremental.

Indeed, the support aspect for multiple patches alone (ie "What patch do I need?" and so on) is enough to scrap the idea.

As BBW perfectly said:

Quote:
The idea of the installer is that its universal
One patch fits all
Hard enough fixing some of the so called problems without having multiple releases of the same patch

Last edited by JScones; 03-22-07 at 05:04 AM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 04:21 AM   #906
Dantenoc
Captain

I'm looking forward to the patch

Please... will it include a fix for my blind watch crew that continously get surprised by aircraft and surface vessels? This has really been getting on my nerves. They fail to report enemy sightings even after being fired upon!!! You would think that having someone fire at you would kind of grab your attention, no?
Dantenoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 04:46 AM   #907
joea
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Oh, BTW, my fridge magnets no longer work.
GWX killed my dog.

Or was it SH3 Commander??
joea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 05:04 AM   #908
cyclop_si
Swabbie

I am supportint the concept of having 1.03 patch as cululative patch of all previous patches.
I have one question. I am using patch 1.02 now and I am in the middel of compagin. Is it OK to upgrade with patch 1.03 in the middle of campagin and continue it?
cyclop_si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 05:21 AM   #909
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclop_si
I am supportint the concept of having 1.03 patch as cululative patch of all previous patches.
I have one question. I am using patch 1.02 now and I am in the middel of compagin. Is it OK to upgrade with patch 1.03 in the middle of campagin and continue it?
Applying the 1.03 patch will be the same as 1.02. You should be ok if you are docked in port after/before a patrol. With the usual precautions, SH3Cmdr rolled back etc, etc....
Old 03-22-07, 06:15 AM   #910
Lzs von swe
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 66

G´day
I have come across a problem in the Black Sea. I get random CTD´s in the marked area. In my first patrol it happened going west, home, and in the second patrol going east, outbound. Reloading from in base before patrol works ok.

Going submerged seems to work, it has only happened when I have been on surface. I had a look in the editor, could it be something with those random russian air patrols? Any ideas friends?

edit Happend again, twice, the last one submerged at 30m and Tc x64. Spotted an Russian DB3 with no CTD. Not much help in narrow it down, sorry. edit

Last edited by Lzs von swe; 03-23-07 at 02:38 PM.
Lzs von swe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 06:19 AM   #911
danlisa
Navy Seal

First Question.

Were you at High TC? Problems have been noticed when at High TC in conjuction with being outside of the default SH3 grid system. As to the cause, I'm not sure.

If there is a problem in the campaign layers then BBW or Rubini will be the ones to ask.
Old 03-22-07, 06:23 AM   #912
Lzs von swe
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 66

Hmm, first time I think I was on Tcx256, second only Tcx64.
Old 03-22-07, 06:35 AM   #913
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantenoc
I'm looking forward to the patch

Please... will it include a fix for my blind watch crew that continously get surprised by aircraft and surface vessels? This has really been getting on my nerves. They fail to report enemy sightings even after being fired upon!!! You would think that having someone fire at you would kind of grab your attention, no?
I think that Rubini work on this. There is thread about that, and I looking also for that. For now I'm using the mod by Ducimus "AI sensors from NYGM" and I may see aircraft on time and crash dive safely, but as I said I'm waiting for Rubini's work to include in my GWX. Maybe that will be included in future update patches, who knows.
poor sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 10:36 AM   #914
Discotech
Nub

Default Help

Keep getting the "GWX files missing or corrupt" error message done 4 clean installs, installed v1.0 which i download from fileplanet in a full zip, v1 works then i go to instal v1.02 and i keep getting this error message! Can anyone help ?
Discotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 10:40 AM   #915
danlisa
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discotech
Keep getting the "GWX files missing or corrupt" error message done 4 clean installs, installed v1.0 which i download from fileplanet in a full zip, v1 works then i go to instal v1.02 and i keep getting this error message! Can anyone help ?
Welcome Mate

The 1.02 installer should generate an error log. Can you post what it says? Also, which mirror did you d/l the 1.02 patch from?

EDIT - Hang on, GWX is not available from fileplanet. Are you sure that we are talking about GWX? Is there a howling wolf when you start the game?