SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-11-10, 05:18 AM   #1
Pyrolosis
Watch

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0
Default Just making my presence Known.

Hi guys, just letting everyone in the forums know I'm a FNG. I am an ex-Army guy.....GO ARMY! I was a tanker on an M1A1 Abrams for 8 Years before I got hurt in a training accident out at the NTC.
I started computer gaming a few years ago, and just discovered that games could be MODDED. Who woulda known! Before that I did table top stuff. Anyways I gotta say that some of the mod's in here are amazing. My hats off to you guys. Now if I can just figure out what this Jsgme or whatever that was is and where to put some of this stuff in a computer file, I'll be gold. If it dosn't have a bolt or engine in it I'm lost .
Some of my games. Silent Hunter 4, Company of Hero's, Achtung Panzer 43, and Silent Hunter 5 which was a little bit of a disapointment for me compared to SH4. But I am hoping to fix that with some of your guys cool Mod's.
Pyrolosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 05:22 AM   #2
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Welcome aboard tanky-sailor guy

There is a JSGME thread stickied in the SH3 Mods forum (and I'd guess in 4/5's as well). It is an invaluable little program that adds/takes off mods as you see fit, warns if there are any conflicting mods - in short, it's fantastic, saving a lot of trial and error and heartache!

If you've got 4/5, you may as well get 3 as well
Old 11-11-10, 05:33 AM   #3
Axeman3d
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 29

My copy of Silent Hunter 5 should arrive today or tomorrow, and I too will be looking to stick a bunch of mods on it to make it playable. I avoided it when it first came out, what with it being a half finished pile of rot, but with time and the talent on the boards it's now worth buying from the discount pile and taking to the seas.

I haven't played a tank sim in some time, I used to love the old M1 tank sim I had when I first got a PC, but I cant even remember the name of it. The graphics were almost non-existent, but the tactics and abilities were pretty accurate and it was great fun.
Axeman3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 08:29 AM   #4
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Welcome Aboard Pyrolosis!

Don't be afraid to ask for help regarding mods or anything like that.
But a bit of advice, search the forum before asking a question about this or that, chances are it's already been asked before, and that saves you a lot of time typing out the question to begin with

But, (SHAMELESS PLUG INCOMING!) I don't think I have to tell you that we have a Tanksim forum here as well, and the other moderator, ZeeWolf, is building a huge, game-changing conversion mod for T-34 vs. Tiger. We love when tankers join the forums, they always have the best stories to tell and give the best insight and advice for those building mods. Hope to see you there!

SH427
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 09:06 AM   #5
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Welcome aboard, Pyrolosis!
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 08:59 PM   #6
Pyrolosis
Watch

Downloads: 100

Thanks Sledgehammer and all the rest of you who have responded. Herr-Berbunch I like that little comment. Welcome aboard tanky-sailor guy I think I'm going to have to use that as a sig someday. LOL
But yeah anyways, I saw the tanksim forum yesterday while I was trolling for tankers to sink. I was very happy to see that quite a few of us seem to be playing Achtung Panzer's 1943. That is a very well put together game imho. The map's are very acurate and there are ALOT of IV lines to hide in (invisibility lines are small curves in the geograpy for those who don't know) Got the armor in the blood now unfortunatly, my wife hate's it. I don't have T-34 V Tiger yet. But I will be looking for it so that I can do some viller's bocage type ambushes on the pesky REDS even though that was done to the Brits. No reason it couldn't work in the East

Remeber, if it dosn't kill you the frist time. It's going to try again!
Pyrolosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 09:15 PM   #7
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Welcome to subsim.