SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-17, 05:08 PM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default Down grading my older computer

As mentioned in some other threads I have a new computer and the one I had before(Vista) is just laying there not being used. In a thread about Linux I said I would try to install this system on my older computer.

That was what I had in mind, until some weeks ago-I have many old game that I really loved to play-MOHAA + adds , COD, SHII and III, Far Cry 1 and 2, and many more games that I seem to have to much problem installing on my new Win10 computer.

Some days ago I ran into information about down grading a Vista to Windows XP.

I have not the knowledge to do so-Either I have to get my local computer store to do this or I have to wait until my Cousin visit me-I also need a hard copy of this old OS.

Furthermore-This computer, with the former OS installed-Will NOT be connected to the Internet.

After XP have been installed and every runs smoothly I install my older games and get the patches from my new computer-Download it, see if there is any virus in it, if not(most likely there will not be any virus) then I move it to a USB-Stick and install it on my computer that have XP and patch whatever game I need to patch/upgrade.

That is my thoughts-Maybe it can't be done. From what I read about this downgrading Microsoft do not support such a move.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote