SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-08-10, 07:56 PM   #4156
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Got the U-Jagd chrono working. Wow, that one kicked by butt big time I didn't like all the small needles so I made them all big. In the screenshot below is a torp fire. Red needles indicate time for torp to reach target, black needles are accumulated torp run time. I like these big needles much better
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=3022
EDIT: Looks good... You got even more sophisticated version of this clock than I ever knew. Excefreakinglent.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 10:27 PM   #4157
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v4.3.0 released. See post #1 for details
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 10:35 PM   #4158
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
v4.3.0 released. See post #1 for details
Excellent. Thanks. Can't wait to test it tomorrow - time to sleep now. Good new thingies. New thingies are always good.

EDIT: Download and options editing time.

EDIT2:
Issues
1. Is-Was visible in mission briefing screen (talk to the officer in docks)

2. Stop watch shows 2 seconds as each 1 seconds passes (goes twice too fast).

3. Stop watch has eliptic shape instead of circled (my resolution is 1920 x 1080).

4. Stop watch lacks the little arrows/indicators/needles.

5. Call the attack disc Is-Was, and the button lettering won't be so squeezed.

6. Graphics is pixelized, no antialiasing applied to stopwatch/Is-Was.

7. Could "Angle on the bow" and "Bearing" TDC dials be unchained (separated... not cooperative) when TDC is UNlocked?

9. I can't turn my optics when RAOBF is on. Could it work that clicking in the glass (view) turns scope, when clicking on the RAOBF ring turns RAOBF?

10. TDC small dial of "Angle on the bow" doesn't work when turning the TDC dial itself, but works when turning Is-Was.

Below the look of all new thingies in 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Last edited by Abd_von_Mumit; 09-09-10 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-09-10, 09:59 AM   #4159
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
Excellent. Thanks. Can't wait to test it tomorrow - time to sleep now. Good new thingies. New thingies are always good.

EDIT: Download and options editing time.

EDIT2:
Issues
1. Is-Was visible in mission briefing screen (talk to the officer in docks)

2. Stop watch shows 2 seconds as each 1 seconds passes (goes twice too fast).

3. Stop watch has eliptic shape instead of circled (my resolution is 1920 x 1080).

4. Stop watch lacks the little arrows/indicators/needles.

5. Call the attack disc Is-Was, and the button lettering won't be so squeezed.

7. Could "Angle on the bow" and "Bearing" TDC dials be unchained (separated... not cooperative) when TDC is UNlocked?

9. I can't turn my optics when RAOBF is on. Could it work that clicking in the glass (view) turns scope, when clicking on the RAOBF ring turns RAOBF?

10. TDC small dial of "Angle on the bow" doesn't work when turning the TDC dial itself, but works when turning Is-Was.

Below the look of all new thingies in 1920 x 1080 resolution.
1. Is-was? I'm assuming this is the attack disc? If so, yes I can see how this could be possible now. I'll have to fix Should also apply to RAOBF so I'll have to verify it doesn't show in mission briefing screen also.

2. Stop watch is the same stopwatch with different graphics. I didn't change it's speed (it's hard coded). Fire up the vanilla game and compare the 'tick' of the stopwatches and you'll see they both move the same angular movement with each tick.

3. Not sure why it would be elliptical....I'll have to look at this in the menu editor to see if I didn't set something right.

4. The little arrow/indicators/needles were taken out and made to be big arrow/indicators/needles. All the minute needles were small needles rotating on the small 3,6,9,12 dial. I found it hard to read so I made them big. You want them back as small needles??

5. Not sure what you are talking about here. Are you talking about the 'Attack disc' lettering on the buttons in the scope views? If so, you would like to see them labeled as 'As-Was'? Why that name?

6. Don't know of any way to 'make' the game anti-alias the images. At least I haven't found a setting in the menu editor for it.

7. Angle on bow and heading are chained together via hard code. I haven't found any way to unlink them. I can see why the devs did this - if you're doing a fast 90 torp shot then this chaining is perfect for it.

9. That would be correct, you can't. If you want the RAOBF to be draggable via mouse then it's 'image' overlays on the image used to capture mouse for the current view. I would have to make the RAOBF work via keys to be able to move your scope view (that's one reason why I had it moveable via keys in the first place)

10. Never noticed this problem when testing. I'll have to verify this. EDIT: ah yes, I know why now. I used the 'sol' AOB via the 'tgt' AOB for this. The TDC AOB dial will move, it's just that moving the TDC dial will not move the Attack Disc disk linked to it until you mouse out of the TDC AOB dial. I did this so that you could move the Attack disc and not disturb your torp shot if you had one set up. So which way do you all want this to work? Do you want to be able to move the attack disc via the TDC AOB dial or leave it as it is (same thing goes for RAOBF)?

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 09-09-10 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-09-10, 12:21 PM   #4160
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
4. The little arrow/indicators/needles were taken out and made to be big arrow/indicators/needles. All the minute needles were small needles rotating on the small 3,6,9,12 dial. I found it hard to read so I made them big. You want them back as small needles??
That smaller dial above the main shaft is at half scale, or it was on the old chrono, this could be what he is referring too when he is talking about clicking at 2 second increments. If you'll notice it only goes to 30.

longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 12:46 PM   #4161
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
1. Is-was? I'm assuming this is the attack disc? If so, yes I can see how this could be possible now. I'll have to fix Should also apply to RAOBF so I'll have to verify it doesn't show in mission briefing screen also.

2. Stop watch is the same stopwatch with different graphics. I didn't change it's speed (it's hard coded). Fire up the vanilla game and compare the 'tick' of the stopwatches and you'll see they both move the same angular movement with each tick.

3. Not sure why it would be elliptical....I'll have to look at this in the menu editor to see if I didn't set something right.

5. Not sure what you are talking about here. Are you talking about the 'Attack disc' lettering on the buttons in the scope views? If so, you would like to see them labeled as 'As-Was'? Why that name?

6. Don't know of any way to 'make' the game anti-alias the images. At least I haven't found a setting in the menu editor for it.

7. Angle on bow and heading are chained together via hard code. I haven't found any way to unlink them. I can see why the devs did this - if you're doing a fast 90 torp shot then this chaining is perfect for it.

9. That would be correct, you can't. If you want the RAOBF to be draggable via mouse then it's 'image' overlays on the image used to capture mouse for the current view. I would have to make the RAOBF work via keys to be able to move your scope view (that's one reason why I had it moveable via keys in the first place)

10. Never noticed this problem when testing. I'll have to verify this. EDIT: ah yes, I know why now. I used the 'sol' AOB via the 'tgt' AOB for this. The TDC AOB dial will move, it's just that moving the TDC dial will not move the Attack Disc disk linked to it until you mouse out of the TDC AOB dial. I did this so that you could move the Attack disc and not disturb your torp shot if you had one set up. So which way do you all want this to work? Do you want to be able to move the attack disc via the TDC AOB dial or leave it as it is (same thing goes for RAOBF)?
1&5. Yes, Is-Was was a commonly used name for the Attack Disc among SH3 folk (for most of you Anglo-Saxons Angriffsscheibe is impossible to pronounce, and Attack Disc sounds too much like Death Star I assume ). I suggested it instead of "Attack Disc" on the button in periscope view, because it's shortwer and will fit better, unlike squeezed hardly legible "Attack Disc".

2/4. If it's hard coded then we may have a problem. More details in an update to this post in 30 minutes (or in my another post).

6. However it seems that the rest of your dials, like TDC dials and their arrows, are anti-aliased, so it obviously can be done. How - no idea.

7. Copy that.

9. I COULD in OLC GUI's mod, and that was terrificly Kaleun-friendly. I'm in no position to tell you what can and what can't be done, but I suppose if it could be done in SH3, it can be also done in SH5.

10. Before asking me questions let me learn what 'sol' and 'tgt'a are. Can you point me to place where I could read about it?

EDIT:
As seen on the screenshot below the old clock and new stopwatch have different scales:
1. Outer (bigger) scale is same, 60 seconds.
2. Inner, smaller scale used to be 30 minutes (pure stupidity) and is now 12 minutes (excellent).

Thus the arrow you moved from old small scale to new big scale, that indicates minutes, does 12 degrees a minute/step, but should only do 6 deg (current speed x 0.5). If you move it back to the small scale (which is my suggestion), it should do 30 deg a minute/step (current speed x 2.5).

In my opinion the clock would look better if you moved the minutes-arrow back to small scale, where it belongs by design. Then the small scale would have 2 minutes-arrows (black + red), and the big scale 2 seconds-arrows (black + red). With 4 large arrows on the same scale the chronometer can be hard to decipher.

Also, as the clock doesn't serve as a clock (it doesn't show what time it is), the user option AboveThisTCLevelShowClock doesn't make much sense anymore.

Also - is it possible that file formats or color formats (RGB/CMYK, indexed) decide if a graphic file is anti-aliased or not? As you see on the picture above, the old clock is smooth, while the new is not.

Last edited by Abd_von_Mumit; 09-09-10 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-09-10, 04:07 PM   #4162
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I'll look into the .dds files for the clock and Attack disc. Currently I'm getting everything ready for my trip to Osterode, Germany this Saturday (be there for 7 days). Getting my mobile powerhouse up to speed with all apps and files I'll need to continue work on the road If I have time after getting everything ready before I leave for airport I'll dig into this and what you posted above.
Which leads me to ask, does anyone live near Osterode, Germany??
Old 09-09-10, 04:37 PM   #4163
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I'll look into the .dds files for the clock and Attack disc. Currently I'm getting everything ready for my trip to Osterode, Germany this Saturday (be there for 7 days). Getting my mobile powerhouse up to speed with all apps and files I'll need to continue work on the road If I have time after getting everything ready before I leave for airport I'll dig into this and what you posted above.
Which leads me to ask, does anyone live near Osterode, Germany??
Wolfsburg here, about 100km NNE of Osterode, if you are talking about the Osterode at the "Harz".
Old 09-10-10, 08:12 AM   #4164
xyfmx
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Default issue

While using this mod i have a very uncomfortable and annoying issue - CO2, fuel and battery indicator overlaps the speed indicator. Screenshot link: http://yfrog.com/0696190046p Please, give me a piece of advice and help to fix that somehow. Thanks!
xyfmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 09:14 AM   #4165
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyfmx View Post
While using this mod i have a very uncomfortable and annoying issue - CO2, fuel and battery indicator overlaps the speed indicator. Screenshot link: http://yfrog.com/0696190046p Please, give me a piece of advice and help to fix that somehow. Thanks!
wild. First time I've seen that one. Try disabling the integrate levels in the options file, restarting the game, exit game, and then re-enable the integrated levels and see if that helps.

#+++++++++++++ SH5 specific UI Items +++++++++++++++
# integrate the fuel, battery, compressed air, and CO2 interface into the bottom bar
# change below to either True or False
IntegrateLevels = True
Old 09-10-10, 10:14 AM   #4166
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
found the source of this problem. Menu editor doesn't give you any options for applying any type of filtering to the image. All my new images were just transparent. I've added bilinear filtering to them now
Old 09-10-10, 10:24 AM   #4167
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
found the source of this problem. Menu editor doesn't give you any options for applying any type of filtering to the image. All my new images were just transparent. I've added bilinear filtering to them now
No idea what this is, but if it helps the picture to be antialiased, that just awesome.
Old 09-10-10, 11:37 AM   #4168
xyfmx
Swabbie

Quote:
wild. First time I've seen that one. Try disabling the integrate levels in the options file, restarting the game, exit game, and then re-enable the integrated levels and see if that helps.

#+++++++++++++ SH5 specific UI Items +++++++++++++++
# integrate the fuel, battery, compressed air, and CO2 interface into the bottom bar
# change below to either True or False
IntegrateLevels = True
nope, unfortunately it didn't affect anything(
Old 09-10-10, 12:10 PM   #4169
xyfmx
Swabbie

now, temporarily i'm using that mod without that panel...
Old 09-10-10, 12:43 PM   #4170
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyfmx View Post
now, temporarily i'm using that mod without that panel...
Did you install the mod localization files? If not, try them. If yes, try English version. You may be actually the first user that installed the Russian version and discovered a bug in it - just wild guessing.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui